Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

1 minute ago, terrytini said:

Being an Asset of Community Value does NOT prevent Xia selling the ground.

This I don't know and would bow to your knowledge. Purely going on the Trust press release and the quoted bit above. Will read up on what it actually means. 

18 minutes ago, TheEgo said:

Well he can't as it's not a Trust thing, just applied for by the trust. It's a Gov/Local Government thing, it's protected. I'll link to the article below

"Finally, and with the current predicament in mind, can I encourage our members to spread the word. Regardless of how bad Villa’s financial position may be, it is worth remembering there cannot be a sale of the ground as we had it listed as an Asset of Community Value"

http://villatrust.org.uk/?p=2349

Additionally the Car Park, Admin building, Academy, and Holte Pub are not included as an Asset

1 minute ago, TheEgo said:

This I don't know and would bow to your knowledge. Purely going on the Trust press release and the quoted bit above. Will read up on what it actually means. 

I’m in the Trust, only recently though. I hadn’t seen they’d said this but they are incorrect and I’ll get on to them and see why they’ve said it.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

You got any word on our potential new saviours?

Nope, all I 'know' (and yes it's  far from fact) is that there is 100% something afoot. No idea who. I have a ideas, but I'll not speculate as to who they are. 

The dude on Twitter (who I'm far from convinced is an ITK has mentioned a guy called Piet Van Der Pol who owns Adelaide in Oz. Gives all credibility a boot in the arse when it mentions Steve McClaren being involved, given he's QPR manager.

**Edited due to the confusing nature of my first sentance. 

What I mean is I've been told by someone that 100% there is something happening re villa and a sale, however just because that's what I've been told doesn't in anyway make it a fact or mean it will happen.

Edited by TheEgo
additional text
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Additionally the Car Park, Admin building, Academy, and Holte Pub are not included as an Asset

Yes this I know, it's only the ground. I've been in the Trust for years, as a individual and a affiliate. I'll reach out to Tony Barnes.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, terrytini said:

I’m in the Trust, only recently though. I hadn’t seen they’d said this but they are incorrect and I’ll get on to them and see why they’ve said it.

This clears it up I think 

http://www.fsf.org.uk/latest-news/view/fans-secure-protections-for-villa-park

My Old Man Said and Aston Villa Supporters Trust (AVST) applied to Birmingham City Council to have Villa Park listed - an application that the local authority agreed to. The status protects Villa Park, in the event of a sale, for the next five years.

1 minute ago, TheEgo said:

Yes this I know, it's only the ground. I've been in the Trust for years, as a individual and a affiliate. I'll reach out to Tony Barnes.

Ok over to you.

My understanding is that whilst being an ACV can be considered as part of any planning decision, the only ‘ protection’ provided is that the Owner has to Notify of intended Sale and the Community group has the right to put in a bid. ( but owner can still sell, and doesn’t have to sell to group).

2 minutes ago, TheEgo said:

This clears it up I think 

http://www.fsf.org.uk/latest-news/view/fans-secure-protections-for-villa-park

My Old Man Said and Aston Villa Supporters Trust (AVST) applied to Birmingham City Council to have Villa Park listed - an application that the local authority agreed to. The status protects Villa Park, in the event of a sale, for the next five years.

Right your Post crossed with mine above, that Article confirms what I’ve said.....although the Headline is misleading. Xia CAN sell.

5 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Right your Post crossed with mine above, that Article confirms what I’ve said.....although the Headline is misleading. Xia CAN sell.

Yes you're right, what you said above is spot on so it's a bit misleading what the Trust have put out really. I'll ask the question on twitter via their twitter feed. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TheEgo said:

Nope, all I 'know' (and yes it's  far from fact) is that there is 100% something afoot. No idea who. I have a ideas, but I'll not speculate as to who they are. 

The dude on Twitter (who I'm far from convinced is an ITK has mentioned a guy called Piet Van Der Pol who owns Adelaide in Oz. Gives all credibility a boot in the arse when it mentions Steve McClaren being involved, given he's QPR manager.

Can u clarify  (its far from fact)  ...but there is 100% something afoot - ??? which is it ? 

Yes it's the mirror so all the usual caveats, but not seen it posted or discussed. 

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/prospective-owners-eye-aston-villa-12787018

Yet Mirror Sport understands there are serious buyers interested in owning Villa outright who believe Xia will have to listen if the club is on the brink of going under.

They feel they will get a chance if Xia has no other option but to put the club into administration, which would incur a 12-point penalty.

That was among the advice from Wyness,60, which drew him into conflict with Xia after the devastating play-off loss to Fulham.

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

Can u clarify  (its far from fact)  ...but there is 100% something afoot - ??? which is it ? 

Yes. I've been told something is 100% happening, but just because I've been told that, doesn't make it fact. Better? 

52 minutes ago, TheEgo said:

Yes. I've been told something is 100% happening, but just because I've been told that, doesn't make it fact. Better? 

sorry i wasnt having a dig...just wonder3d how excited to get.

19 minutes ago, hippo said:

sorry i wasnt having a dig...just wonder3d how excited to get.

I didn't take it as one mate ? re-reading it, I could see how confusing it appeared. Honestly I don't know. I guess if what I heard is true then it's not just radio silence for nothing and something is happening, but then it could all be wrong and things change quickly, people who are interested can quickly lose interest. From the snippets I have though Xia is amateur hour personified. Which is a huge worry for me. 

Edited by TheEgo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Taxi for Xia

But there are concerns the self-styled tycoon,

who has turned up at the training ground in a Uber, simply doesn't have the funds he pledged when he bought out Randy Lerner in 2016.

Quite simply a "Chancer" - a person who exploits any opportunity to further their own needs.  

He gambled with our great club in order to receive big Sky money and lost.  Now we are going to pay the consequences.  I don't solely blame him for our demise, but the love affair with him has truly gone.    Can we get investment or better still a sale?  Who knows, but I hope we don't spend the season chanting for Xia's removal because it's just another obstacle in providing a more stable footing.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, terrytini said:

You're right he can sell VP, but we'd know about if he was trying to sell it, as fans would need to be given the opportunity to make our own bid.

We don't know about it, therefore he almost certainly isn't currently progressing selling it. 

4 hours ago, TheEgo said:

**Edited due to the confusing nature of my first sentance. 

What I mean is I've been told by someone that 100% there is something happening re villa and a sale, however just because that's what I've been told doesn't in anyway make it a fact or mean it will happen.

I have to disagree unfortunately. Xia will not sell until it's literally his last option.

We aren't selling players at the moment as I suspect getting investors interested is easier with Grealish and Chester in the squad rather than without them, however that position cannot continue.

If I was a betting man I would bet that we have more chance of administration than we do of being sold in the next 6 weeks

Edited by mykeyb
Spelling error

Â