Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

2 hours ago, hippo said:

Problem is he has lied to us - and has a couple of issues of half truths in his background:-

• He was going to come and live in the UK
  • He was buying a US logistics company for £2bn
  • He sold teamax for £500m
  • We aren't spending the parachute payments 
  • He was looking to buy a 2nd club as a feeder club

Some of the stuff thrown about might not be true - but thats the problem because of the lies he has told he has no credibility...

Don't forget buying Millennium Films, which also included a launch event.............never happened and Avi Lerner was pretty scathing of him and the company, basically called them time wasters.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TheEgo said:

A new charge today at Companies House confirming Xia has borrowed against Carlos Sanchez deal and now a bank are owed that cash. Another bit of 'wild speculation' that has turned to fact. Expect to see more....

I said on Twitter over the weekend so I'll repeat it here, I 'think' there is the possibility we are in a period of NDA and DD which may explain the radio silence, if so this is our best bet of a clear plan for the future. I'm 100% convinced this ends in administration (no not liquidation) IF Xia doesn't sell OR get serious investment from a reputable source that then leads to a takeover as I posted earlier.

Or we can still pretend all is ok ?

FANTASTIC NEWS! Who fancies a pint? 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, TheEgo said:

A new charge today at Companies House confirming Xia has borrowed against Carlos Sanchez deal and now a bank are owed that cash. Another bit of 'wild speculation' that has turned to fact. Expect to see more....

I said on Twitter over the weekend so I'll repeat it here, I 'think' there is the possibility we are in a period of NDA and DD which may explain the radio silence, if so this is our best bet of a clear plan for the future. I'm 100% convinced this ends in administration (no not liquidation) IF Xia doesn't sell OR get serious investment from a reputable source that then leads to a takeover as I posted earlier.

What worries me is that Xia will announce some investment partner - then a few months down the line we will find out the we have sold the training ground, and maybe VP iteslf

3 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Carlos Sanchez will likely be executed soon so hopefully that'll save a few bob owed. 

I don’t want to be “ that guy” but considering what happened a few years ago........I mean I know a joke is just a joke but it’s a bit iffy ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, terrytini said:

I don’t want to be “ that guy” but considering what happened a few years ago........I mean I know a joke is just a joke but it’s a bit iffy ?

It'll look worse if it actually happens. 

1 hour ago, TheEgo said:

So basically this just ties in with the cash-flow issues. Xia can't get/ hasn't got available funds, so lends from a UK bank to get immediate cash and gives them the authority to have the £1m that was due from Fiorentina on 5th July this year and the £750k due on 5th January next year.

It's not exactly ground-breaking, but it does verify that particular piece of speculation.

As you put 'wild speculation' in inverted commas, I take it that you think we should believe every rumour that is posted by the press?

1 hour ago, TheEgo said:

Can someone explain why companies house be interested in us selling Carlos Sanchez - I just thought they handled accounts ? 

37 minutes ago, hippo said:

What worries me is that Xia will announce some investment partner - then a few months down the line we will find out the we have sold the training ground, and maybe VP iteslf

I think VP is safe from the Chinese Gatsby The Trust have some restriction on it. It's a Building or significant local interest or something like that. I'll have to dig out the exact wording. However yes worst case is unknown investment. We need a sale basically.

Just now, TheEgo said:

I think VP is safe from the Chinese Gatsby The Trust have some restriction on it. It's a Building or significant local interest or something like that. I'll have to dig out the exact wording. However yes worst case is unknown investment. We need a sale basically.

Well Dr T thought he didn't have to pay HMRC  - So I reckon he can steamroller the supporters trust.

The impression I get of Xia is that of a wild west financier - who thinks he can cut deals, and bypass the the law of the land - which maybe how it works in China - but not in the UK....(yet) .......I will be shitting myself when he does sell us - god knows who it be - really hope its uk based 

29 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

So basically this just ties in with the cash-flow issues. Xia can't get/ hasn't got available funds, so lends from a UK bank to get immediate cash and gives them the authority to have the £1m that was due from Fiorentina on 5th July this year and the £750k due on 5th January next year.

It's not exactly ground-breaking, but it does verify that particular piece of speculation.

As you put 'wild speculation' in inverted commas, I take it that you think we should believe every rumour that is posted by the press?

Those were the words thrown around at some of the suggestions that Villa hadn't got cash flow probs and that it was 'wild speculation' and 'Hyperbole' in suggesting we had and the ONLY fact was the missed Tax payment, I gave other concerns and now one of them is proven as a fact. I see no problem with what I right in that context. Go back and read for yourself. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, hippo said:

Can someone explain why companies house be interested in us selling Carlos Sanchez - I just thought they handled accounts ? 

They're interested as we are a ltd company who needs to file charges for various actions the business takes. Ie Xia removing restrictions on shares a couple of weeks back and the notice of Termination of Wyness and the latest being declaring debt against the money owned to us by the Sanchez deal. So basically Florentina  wouldn't or couldn't pay early so we used that future money to take a loan with a bank and therefore that has to be filed at Companies House. I take it as Xia knows eyes are on him so ensuring he is doing everything by the book. Had the club of paid us (Like Burnley did for Westwood) it wouldn't have needed an official filing at CH. 

18 minutes ago, hippo said:

Well Dr T thought he didn't have to pay HMRC  - So I reckon he can steamroller the supporters trust.

The impression I get of Xia is that of a wild west financier - who thinks he can cut deals, and bypass the the law of the land - which maybe how it works in China - but not in the UK....(yet) .......I will be shitting myself when he does sell us - god knows who it be - really hope its uk based 

Well he can't as it's not a Trust thing, just applied for by the trust. It's a Gov/Local Government thing, it's protected. I'll link to the article below

"Finally, and with the current predicament in mind, can I encourage our members to spread the word. Regardless of how bad Villa’s financial position may be, it is worth remembering there cannot be a sale of the ground as we had it listed as an Asset of Community Value"

http://villatrust.org.uk/?p=2349

Edited by TheEgo
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, TheEgo said:

Those were the words thrown around at some of the suggestions that Villa hadn't got cash flow probs and that it was 'wild speculation' and 'Hyperbole' in suggesting we had and the ONLY fact was the missed Tax payment, I gave other concerns and now one of them is proven as a fact. I see no problem with what I right in that context. Go back and read for yourself. 

You got any word on our potential new saviours?

15 minutes ago, TheEgo said:

Well he can't as it's not a Trust thing, just applied for by the trust. It's a Gov/Local Government thing, it's protected. I'll link to the article below

"Finally, and with the current predicament in mind, can I encourage our members to spread the word. Regardless of how bad Villa’s financial position may be, it is worth remembering there cannot be a sale of the ground as we had it listed as an Asset of Community Value"

http://villatrust.org.uk/?p=2349

Being an Asset of Community Value does NOT prevent Xia selling the ground.

Â