Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

6 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

We aren't selling players at the moment as I suspect getting investors interested is easier with Freakish and Chester in the squad rather than without them, however that position cannot continue.

I thought we had already gotten rid of Lescott?!

9 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Apparently, we have taken out an overdraft from Macquarie bank (taken from a Facebook page with a photo from Companies House).... no idea what that means or if true 

Fake news. 

All we did was miss one little bill. 

Everything is fine. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Apparently, we have taken out an overdraft from Macquarie bank (taken from a Facebook page with a photo from Companies House).... no idea what that means or if true 

A picture starting to come together - its all very Leeds

http://www.ftseglobalmarkets.com/news/leadership-changes-at-macquarie-infrastructure-debt-investment-solutions.html

"Kit Hamilton and Tim Humphrey have been appointed co- heads of Macquarie’s global infrastructure debt asset management business, Macquarie Infrastructure Debt Investment Solutions (MIDIS)"  

All of this because frigging Trevor in accounts ballsed up a payment! Screw you Trevor, you melt! 

You wouldn’t get this from Keith in Marketing. 

Edited by Tayls

17 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Fake news. 

All we did was miss one little bill. 

Everything is fine. 

At the very least, we shouldn’t rush to judgement until Tony has put out a statement explaining in detail what has been going on.

7 hours ago, Rob182 said:

SarcasticTalk is good reading tonight. Lots of clever and witty insight.

You're right, it is adding nothing. 

But then I don't think mocking, insulting or dismissing concerns and questions raised when all this started added much clever and witty insight either. 

This is the Companies House document most recently filed.  It isn’t an overdraft.  Rather it’s confirmation you’ve  sold your future rights to income from Carlos Sanchez Moreno transfer to Macquarie.  https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/02502822/charges/wJGR7sRMqGKJRm9YT_T8bQEcIHw  I’m not sure this is news anyway, is it?

Cash must have been tight this month-end as it doesn’t look like it brought forward significant cash.  Basically signed over the right to £1m expected on 5 July 2018 and £750k due on 5 Jan 2019.

Of course that leaves you £1m down on expected cash flow for July.  And who cares about January.  Even before you consider the sort of fee Macquarie will have extracted for advancing you the cash.  Eerily familiar from a Leeds perspective.

If there is any consolation, Ken Bates did much the same at Leeds stripping out pretty much all releasable cash before he finally flogged the club.  So you might be about to sell.  Mind you so did GFH before nearly taking us into another admin because there was no money left to pay our bills.  Have you had any reports locally of contractors not being paid? We ended up with half of our training pitches out of action when we had enough money to get them dug up but not enough to get them relaid...

Presumeably your brilliant season ticket sales (compared to us) won’t help as you’ll have spent it already, meaning that at the one point in the year when you should be swimming with cash you’re already skint and things can only get worse.  Although iirc at Leeds the finance company doing the loans to fans for our season ticket sales only paid out in tranches as the season went on to avoid any liability if we went bust mid-season and were unable to fulfil our fixtures.  That was comforting at the time... :( 

Edited by WaccoeOnline
  • Like 4

24 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

You're right, it is adding nothing. 

But then I don't think mocking, insulting or dismissing concerns and questions raised when all this started added much clever and witty insight either. 

There’s a difference between ‘mocking/insulting/dismissing’ and deciding not to believe every report that leaks out of the arsehole of the gutter trash. As I’ve said all along, there are things we can’t refute, such as Keith’s sacking, the missed tax bill and now a €1.75m Carlos Sancez loan payment being cashed in 1 month early (for half, 6 months early for the other half). But I’m still inclined to wait and see what transpires before I start calling Xia broke.

The fact that someone disagrees with you, and doesn’t appreciate the constant scoffing (oh, and sarcastic comments?) at that different opinion doesn’t make it ridicule. 

• Like 1

You’re right @WaccoeOnline that’s not exactly news. A lot of places seem to be incorrectly reporting that that document relates to Jordan Veretout’s transfer to Fiorentina, but it doesn’t. It relates to Carlos Sanchez’s loan move to Fiorentina in 2016. We were due to receive €1m in July and the other €750,000 next January. When cash flow is a problem, this seems like a viable solution. The only concern will be how much we paid in fees (which I would guess is fairly low), and the fact that there are cash-flow problems at all.

5 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

There’s a difference between ‘mocking/insulting/dismissing’ and deciding not to believe every report that leaks out of the arsehole of the gutter trash. As I’ve said all along, there are things we can’t refute, such as Keith’s sacking, the missed tax bill and now a €1.75m Carlos Sancez loan payment being cashed in 1 month early (for half, 6 months early for the other half). But I’m still inclined to wait and see what transpires before I start calling Xia broke.

The fact that someone disagrees with you, and doesn’t appreciate the constant scoffing (oh, and sarcastic comments?) at that different opinion doesn’t make it ridicule. 

To be fair as a relative expert in seeing a much loved club fall apart, doing a deal to bring forward £1m of cash from 5 July to mid June suggests that you are in very serious trouble.  This isn’t normal behaviour and suggests you’ve maxed out overdrafts (or had facilities suspended) and already spent the season’s season ticket cash.  Given high season ticket sales your match day walk up income will be lower. Meaning even more problems through the autumn. Another fun experience we had with the incompetent vampires who wrecked out club.

Edited by WaccoeOnline
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Should have made it clear, my post was not referring to you. I don't believe you are someone who has mocked or insulted on here. 

I'm not sure many are calling him broke. But there are clearly cash issues and it's becoming more of a concern that he was not truthful when he bought us and has kept up this mythical wealth since. 

Â