Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

1 hour ago, Rob182 said:

There’s a difference between ‘mocking/insulting/dismissing’ and deciding not to believe every report that leaks out of the arsehole of the gutter trash. As I’ve said all along, there are things we can’t refute, such as Keith’s sacking, the missed tax bill and now a €1.75m Carlos Sancez loan payment being cashed in 1 month early (for half, 6 months early for the other half). But I’m still inclined to wait and see what transpires before I start calling Xia broke.

The fact that someone disagrees with you, and doesn’t appreciate the constant scoffing (oh, and sarcastic comments?) at that different opinion doesn’t make it ridicule. 

I’m interested to know what you think will “transpire”, when, and by what means?

It’s pretty obvious from what we know now that the money has dried up and we are living hand to mouth. The only future question seems to be just how bad will it prove to be?

Also, Tony has gone to ground. That’s not something that has “leaked out of the arsehole of the gutter trash” (as you choose to characterise the Times, FT, Telegraph and Guardian, all of whom have reported on these concerns).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WaccoeOnline said:

A better question is why did any of you ever think he had sufficient money to run you (as opposed to run you into the ground)?  How did so many of your fan base buy into the delusion that he has much cash at all.  

What's even more bizarre is that some people continue to defend him despite the fact that he's clearly a complete fraud.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, WaccoeOnline said:

Its not clear why anyone thinks that Xia has significant cash.  It’s like the stupid arguments that were had at Leeds about how much cash Massimo Cellino when  loads of the fan base took as fact he was “a billionaire” and therefore “knew what he was doing”.  When simple observation and a bit of basic fact checking suggested that - at most - he had a few million to his name.  But even at the end when it was clear he didn’t have the cash to take us forward (let alone the sanity) there were those who bought into the myth of his supposed amazing wealth and thought things would work out ok.  The same was true with the gulf bank that bought us that turned out to be bankrupt sharks.  But loads just saw Arabs and wouldn’t believe they were as dishonest and skint as they turned out to be (essentially running a sharia Ponzi scheme as far as could be worked out).

As far back as 2016 serious people were warning about Xia - like this bloke, a staff writer on Forbes https://www.forbes.com/consent/?toURL=https://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeozanian/2016/05/24/aston-villa-and-tony-xia-are-looking-like-ac-milan-with-mr-bee/

A better question is why did any of you ever think he had sufficient money to run you (as opposed to run you into the ground)?  How did so many of your fan base buy into the delusion that he has much cash at all.  Mind you, the same happened with us. Humans and hope and all that...

But why do some people continue to believe in the face of black and white evidence that you are facing a cash flow crisis (at the very least) at a time when it turns out getting cash out of China isn’t actually a big deal.

I've been sceptical from day 1. But when he initially came in and splashed the cash I gave him the benefit of the doubt. Early on I said to bloke who I sit next too ...."I still wouldn't be surprised to wake up one morning and find out he has disappeared"  People want to believe - (hey there are some who think Scott Hogan will come good ! ) 

I think he is done here - I wouldn't be surprised if we can't get a sale than someone else from recon actually performs the CEO role and we never from Tony again.  Players report back for training next week  that might give us some pointers as to anyone at the club knowing WTF is going on....

The world cup is a nice distraction from this fiasco. Clearly we have a crisis of cash flow, all of the evidence points to that. I genuinely hope the 'silence' is down to NDA's and that were about to be took over by someone who isn't a dribbling moron, for once. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, hippo said:

Does anyone remember that day - I think it was early last season - when the club could only accept cash payments - no cards .....I wonder ??? 

Probably because they switched to a different company to provide Merchant Services

If you want a proper laugh about terrible owners out of their depth.  When GFH - the skint dishonest Arab bank owned us, one of their hapless senior executives Salem Patel - joined Waccoe, our equivalent of VillaTalk under the very secret username “Melas” pretending to be an ordinary fan asking questions like “if you were the owner of the club what sort of players do you think you would buy?”

They were too cheap to employ people who knew anything about football so we’re reduced to asking a messageboard what they should be doing...

Oh how we laughed...Of course within a year when they couldn’t pull off the flip they were hoping for post takeover they were stripping cash and assets  and sending them back to Bahrain.  But we did laugh at the time...

Wonder if Tony has a secret account on VillaTalk?  And which poster he might secretly be.

Edited by WaccoeOnline
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, hippo said:

I've been sceptical from day 1. But when he initially came in and splashed the cash I gave him the benefit of the doubt. Early on I said to bloke who I sit next too ...."I still wouldn't be surprised to wake up one morning and find out he has disappeared"  People want to believe - (hey there are some who think Scott Hogan will come good ! ) 

I think he is done here - I wouldn't be surprised if we can't get a sale than someone else from recon actually performs the CEO role and we never from Tony again.  Players report back for training next week  that might give us some pointers as to anyone at the club knowing WTF is going on....

I got into heated debate on TBAR when Xia came in, arguing with a numpty over there that was convinced Xia had the backing of the chinese government ???

I ended up getting booted out and barred from the forum ?

Even when he first took over there was so much doubt about him. None of this is a surprise to me....well actually that's not strictly true....I'm surprised how quickly it has happened. It's the "can't get his money out of china" bollox that annoys me the most!

6 minutes ago, WaccoeOnline said:

But why do some people continue to believe in the face of black and white evidence that you are facing a cash flow crisis (at the very least) at a time when it turns out getting cash out of China isn’t actually a big deal.

Who are these people? I think everyone can see we have a cash flow issue. Some of us just maybe aren’t willing to believe that every club that faces a cash flow crisis will automatically be liquidated, stripped for parts and rebranded at the bottom of the football ladder, like some seem to be implying; and instead we want to ‘wait and see’. Whether that means Xia gets investment, sells up or we see some selling of assets. I’m sure that us shouting about it on a forum isn’t going to speed up or influence any changes at the top.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, ViewFromT2 said:

I got into heated debate on TBAR when Xia came in, arguing with a numpty over there that was convinced Xia had the backing of the chinese government ???

I ended up getting booted out and barred from the forum ?

Even when he first took over there was so much doubt about him. None of this is a surprise to me....well actually that's not strictly true....I'm surprised how quickly it has happened. It's the "can't get his money out of china" bollox that annoys me the most!

"We are fookin back" 

Yeah I had the same discussion - I couldn't quite figure his 100% confidence that Xia had gov't backing - he even continued to say it when even Xia had denied it.

• Like 1

That Deisler123 chap , reckoned Xia has the promise of a loan from recon. My guess is that is used a last resort if Xia can't sell enough each month to pay the bills...

I would also speculate that the loan from recon is to keep us afloat while Xia finds a buyer.

1 hour ago, briny_ear said:

I’m interested to know what you think will “transpire”, when, and by what means?

It’s pretty obvious from what we know now that the money has dried up and we are living hand to mouth. The only future question seems to be just how bad will it prove to be?

Also, Tony has gone to ground. That’s not something that has “leaked out of the arsehole of the gutter trash” (as you choose to characterise the Times, FT, Telegraph and Guardian, all of whom have reported on these concerns).

I'm just not seeing the full picture or things adding up to a clear outcome yet.

I'm no finance expert, but people are confident that Xia gambled on promotion, and that promotion would have seen us in the clear. But had we got promoted, then I don't think we'd have received any money by the time that missed tax bill hit. Would we?

Also, it seems that we've cashed in early on money from Carlos Sanchez's 2016 loan move to Fiorentina (1m that was due July 2018 and 750k that was due in January 2019), but how many other players have we sold or loaned out since then. Again, I'm no finance expert, but I'm guessing we have a lot of other transfer and loan fees due to us, presumably ones that Tony and the finance department know about.

Again, I'm not refuting that we have serious problems, but equally, I can't bring myself to believe that a supposedly successful businessman (not by my judgement, but by the judgement of many people that had heard of him and his businesses when he took over) would allow the excessive spending that we've seen, if it meant that there was a good chance that come June we would be living mouth to hand. Is there a possibility (and, again, I'm no expert, so I'm genuinely asking) that money comes in slower during the off-season, and that money from the league/ TV revenue/ ticket sales comes in when the season starts, which is partly the cause of these sudden issues?

There are too many unanswered questions, for me. Which is why I'm not keen on committing a position on our current situation until I know more. Which I may never.

• Like 1

Saw something on twitter to say a new filing has been made this morning with Companies House to create £57m worth of shares in AVFC. Matches  49% of Xia's apparent valuation of the club. 

I've checked and can confirm there's a share filing on Companies House as of today, but I have no idea what it means. Investment imminent? 

Edited by Sam3773
I missed 10 million

36 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

I can't bring myself to believe that a supposedly successful businessman (not by my judgement, but by the judgement of many people that had heard of him and his businesses when he took over) would allow the excessive spending that we've seen, if it meant that there was a good chance that come June we would be living mouth to hand. Is there a possibility (and, again, I'm no expert, so I'm genuinely asking) that money comes in slower during the off-season, and that money from the league/ TV revenue/ ticket sales comes in when the season starts, which is partly the cause of these sudden issues?

An optimistic outlook/ wishful thinking / taking things with a pinch of salt / waiting and seeing - all these have their place. Season ticket money for 20K+ season tickets already sold, at an average of 400 or 500 quid adds up to £8 - 10 million. That's a lot of money that had already come in, by end May, early June. It's gone. We haven't bought anyone in that time. We've also had to borrow against future income for players that we'd already sold and scheduled payments were due over the next 6 months or so. This is not a temporary issue. The financials just show that it's much worse than that. 

• Like 2

Â