Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

5 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Well you could read many things into that Xia statement. Personally I've taken it as Bruce will go and the belt will be so tight it will leave a mark on the belly of Aston Villa

Unfortunately that may be necessary just to bring our finances back to normalcy.

We have been terribly run for years.

Spunked money on wages over the years who have had ZERO impact or sell on value.

Just to name a few things.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

He's got money we just can't spend it.

I'm not buying that. I honestly think FFP is being used as a smokescreen by the club because we are skint.  Plenty other clubs find a way around it (they just need money to do so). The clubs who can't manipulate FFP are the clubs who haven't got the financial clout. We are well and truly f**ked 

• Confused 3

9 minutes ago, Sadken79 said:

I'm not buying that. I honestly think FFP is being used as a smokescreen by the club because we are skint.  Plenty other clubs find a way around it (they just need money to do so). The clubs who can't manipulate FFP are the clubs who haven't got the financial clout. We are well and truly f**ked 

What the **** are you even going on about?

I have read some shit over the last few days, now some of it I can attribute to emotions still running high after the loss, but are you okay? Do you need a medical professional? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

People trying to Blame Tony Xia are either deluded or ungrateful.

You should have been thinking about this shite when you were making your many statements about "enjoying it here" and Bruces 4 promotions.

What do you expect him to do?

Restart the playstation?

I blame Wyness :ph34r:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Daweii said:

What the **** are you even going on about?

I have read some shit over the last few days, now some of it I can attribute to emotions still running high after the loss, but are you okay? Do you need a medical professional? 

What kind of question is that !!! Of course I do. I'm a Villa fan

• Haha 1

Don't really get the Lerner comparisons. We have to cut back due to FFP. There's nothing more that can be done. I don't think the fact we have to cut back spending is a sign of his ambition.

1 minute ago, thabucks said:

Does this mean we aren't getting a new north stand ? 

Technically any stadium development comes outside of FFP, its actually one of the few things he could do if he wanted to

Steering clear of all this until the madness and high speculation ends.

I am actually looking forward to a new coach bringing on our squad instead of spunking millions in wages on old men, all that waste was beginning to turn me right off.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Don't really get the Lerner comparisons. We have to cut back due to FFP. There's nothing more that can be done. I don't think the fact we have to cut back spending is a sign of his ambition.

Its not the ambition, its the approach which makes it the same as lerner. 

These first two are very similar to the start of lerners reign. How the next phase goes will show how different he might be

• Like 1

I am not sure what to make of the statement but I'd have hoped for something more optimistic and fully focused on the fight back from Saturday having already started.

Plenty of clubs have shown over the years, most fresh in my mind Cardiff, Brighton, Huddersfield, Wolves, Burnley, Bournemouth, Fulham that you can be out of the Prem league for 3+ years, or never have been in it, and still get promoted from the Championship.

I hope this is the last time I see the owner state he is still hurting/still can't recover from Saturday. With the new season under 10 weeks away it is already past the time he moved on and now shows he has the means, business acumen and had the foresight to plan for this eventuality so he can now ensure we can still move forward and be succesful. I hope that is not wishful thinking on my part.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 4

18 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I do. Throwing millions at it, and paying big wages. Other than that we shouldn't compare him to lerner, because we really don't know what approach he's going to take. It seems Xia hands  are tied, where as lerners wasn't. Saying that, lerner had every right to cut his investment. 

Edited by Rugeley Villa
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I am not sure what to make of the statement but I'd have hoped for something more optimistic and fully focused on the fight back from Saturday having already started.

Plenty of clubs have shown over the years, most fresh in my mind Cardiff, Brighton, Huddersfield, Wolves, Burnley, Bournemouth, Fulham that you can be out of the Prem league for 3+ years, or never have been in it, and still get promoted from the Championship.

I hope this is the last time I see the owner state he is still hurting/still can't recover from Saturday. With the new season under 10 weeks away it is already past the time he moved on and now shows he has the means, business acumen and had the foresight to plan for this eventuality so he can now ensure we can still move forward and be succesful. I have a horrible feeling that may be wishful thinking on my part though.

Exactly this and couldn't agree more. I like most fans on here am still fed up after Saturday.  A rallying call would have been really good to hear/read and may just have pulled a few of us back in.  Where's the positive spin?   Now I just think, what's the point.   I almost want to see a "we go again".  Anyway, well said mate, I really haven't got the motivation to write something so eloquently.  

19 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

For a man with other companies and vast resources at his disposal, it seems like FFP has holes in it you could drive a bus through.

At first glance, this is him tightening the purse strings, not circumstance outside of his control. 

the scariest thing is that the statement essentially reads like an admission of defeat.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2

Â