Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

It sounds to me that Bruce will be staying but costs will need to be cut. Makes all that Champions League in 5 years talk look a bit stupid now

I wont sack Round before Bruce I think he offers very little as a Sporting Director

Don't think you need to spend big to get out of this league. We have to be better in the transfer market; that has been needed for many years now. I think we will have a competitive squad fighting for promotion when the season starts. I hope it is with a new manager who has a philosophy on how we should play that also will stay with us for a number of seasons.

Tony Xia now needs to realise now that this current structure that we have is not working and we will continue stagnate.

We need a revamp and this will not be easy.

We now need to scour across Europe for the right personnel.

We need a head coach that believes in his tactics and philosophy. 

This head coach needs plenty of support, in house coaches as well as his own staff and a head of recruitment.

We need to think long term and everything needs to be restructured. 

Youth players need to be brought into the first team and we have some wonderful young players. Jack Doyle Hayes is ready as well as a long list of youth players.

If lesser size clubs can do it, i cannot see why we can't.

So.

I'm thinking, keep our core players: Jack, Chester, Hutton, Kodjia ,even Bjarnsson, .

Add in Davis, Green, RHM, Ohare.

Scout the leagues worldwide for the best young talent, as well as take the best young talent from top clubs who are on the fringe but not quite ready for their first teams.

OR seriously considering making an investment with a top agent or agency ala Wolves.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Zatman said:

It sounds to me that Bruce will be staying but costs will need to be cut. Makes all that Champions League in 5 years talk look a bit stupid now

I wont sack Round before Bruce I think he offers very little as a Sporting Director

Why does it? We spent a lot of money trying to get back quickly. If we had won promotion, then no doubt he would have spent a lot more trying to do what he said. He like most fans expected us back in the big time with the money we spent. 

All this talk of “rebuilding” is ultimately pointless as that takes time and there is no time in football. If we had a foreign manager “rebuilding” who had us in the bottom half of the table 10 games in we’d all be calling for his head.

It’s instant gratification or nothing. And that means $$$$$$$$$ and luck.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sadken79 said:

I'm not buying that. I honestly think FFP is being used as a smokescreen by the club because we are skint.  Plenty other clubs find a way around it (they just need money to do so). The clubs who can't manipulate FFP are the clubs who haven't got the financial clout. We are well and truly f**ked 

Nobody knows how much money Xia has or hasn’t got, but the FFP rules are not the stuff of myth and legend.

And in any case, except for one or two cases the danger of receiving greater and greater finance from an owner are extreme. Better we sort ourselves out now 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spoony said:

All this talk of “rebuilding” is ultimately pointless as that takes time and there is no time in football. If we had a foreign manager “rebuilding” who had us in the bottom half of the table 10 games in we’d all be calling for his head.

It’s instant gratification or nothing. And that means $$$$$$$$$ and luck.

It's the world we live in now. Everything has to be now. 

6 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Blimey guys.

Ive never read anything like it.

Now I see why attendances plummet in the absence of success, it’s always puzzled me.

Since when was enjoying supporting a football club dependent upon being one of the top ones, one of the wealthiest ones, one of the guaranteed winners ?

Aside from the fact that countless smallish clubs with limited budgets have got promoted, im staggered to be reading ‘game over’, ‘RIP’ etc"..........just because we didn’t go up and will have to fight hard next time.

Equally all the fears about players going being the end of the world.

It just happens, it’s just football.

Personally can’t wait to start again, but surely if you feel it’s all as awful as some say you’d be better having a break from it ! Not that that’s my business of course.

Once England have won this summers World Cup we will all be raring  to go again in August ;)

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

You're right.

We should have kept Lerner, Tom Fox, and Mcliesh.

Well the one thing in Xia favour is he got experienced CEO in Wyness.

Other than that its a carbon copy - Lerner chased CL football with silly cash - Xia has done the same chasing PL football.

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, hippo said:

What is Xia bringing to the table ? - I really don't see it.

Romantic nourishment and heartfelt tweets, he’s hurting you know! 

1 minute ago, hippo said:

Well the one thing in Xia favour is he got experienced CEO in Wyness.

Other than that its a carbon copy - Lerner chased CL football with silly cash - Xia has done the same chasing PL football.

Bring back Steve Hollis I say.

(I'm actually serious with that one)

2 hours ago, Eastie said:

I think it’s more a case of Lerner giving it a good crack in the first 2 years and then losing interest - we are hoping xia doesn’t do similar . 

Yeh understand that, really hoping he sticks with us.

When you think about it though the team that was dismantled under Lerner was a lot better than the current team. Players like Young, Milner, Downing... then later Delph & Benteke, were irreplaceable and have never really been replaced. We now only have Grealish & Chester who are unlikely to be replaceable, most of our other players have their flaws (as do most players at this level). Cardiff have proved that you can find players that can perform in the Championship without spending a lot of money.

Possibly clutching at straws here but there is hope in there somewhere.

15 minutes ago, hippo said:

What is Xia bringing to the table ? - I really don't see it.

What do you think he should bring to the table? 

Â