Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

All a bit depressing isn't it? I just wanted clarity on Grealish and Chester. The only two players I actually care about, and I'm not sure we'd be able to cope if we sold either. 

• Like 1

What else was there to expect? Xia can't bankroll the club, that's not really possible under financial fair play. 

We're much better off being a sustainable club, relying on wealthy benefactors puts us at risk of another Lerner scenario where suddenly the investment is cut and we're in the gutter. 

Of course, the last two seasons have been a gamble, which hasn't paid off. Well, now it's time to do it organically. 

How do we do that? I don't know exactly, what I certainly don't want to happen is for us to attempt to carbon copy another club's model. We need to find our own identity, with so many loan signings this year our identity has been short term. There has been unity, but it's all too fleeting, that unity has come crashing down because so many first team players are leaving. 

I don't think we should put ourselves in a shit or bust situation again. We need continuity.

I've nothing but praise for what Bruce had done this season, but I can't help but think that he's run his course. He's stopped the rot and engendered an amazing team spirit. Unfortunately, to no avail. 

Plenty of teams in the championship have shown that money isn't the be all and end all of getting promoted. 

I won't be calling for Bruce's head, he's a good manager. But I won't be disappointed if he does leave. Whoever is in charge I want them to build a Villa team that can play attacking football, promote youth and not be in desperate position should we not get promoted next season. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, KJT123 said:

All a bit depressing isn't it? I just wanted clarity on Grealish and Chester. The only two players I actually care about, and I'm not sure we'd be able to cope if we sold either. 

Think Grealish more likely to go as he will attract the decent money 

People trying to Blame Tony Xia are either deluded or ungrateful.

You should have been thinking about this shite when you were making your many statements about "enjoying it here" and Bruces 4 promotions.

What do you expect him to do?

Restart the playstation?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Xela said:

Anyway, before we all get depressed, it doesn't mean we can't get promotion next year. We just need a new approach. Wolves, Cardiff and Fulham were all down here for longer and came up with a wining formula. 

It'll be more difficult but its not a lost cause. 

I think we came down in such a state -  much of money was spent steadying the ship - not pushing on

5 minutes ago, Cliffy Biro said:

Grealish is like the only creative spark we have, if he goes i just don't see us scoring enough goals.

I see o hare has a bad knee ligament injury and faces months on the sidelines too - was hoping maybe he would step up in pre season . 

Just now, Sadken79 said:

He's got no money has he !! Not as much as we thought anyway. We are now Leeds mark 2 

Yes you are right, we should just bankroll another season with an possible additional 30 - 50 million fine for breaching FFP regulations, meaning if we dont go up we would be closer to administration much less just failing.

Kids are throwing their toys out of the pram as if reality is lost on you.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wilko154 said:

I don't understand all the comparisons to Lerner here. Yes Xia has got it wrong to some extent, but he has at least steered the club in the right direction. Without him we would be in the same situation Sunderland are currently in.

Unlike Lerner the spending cuts aren't due to his own choice, but simply because the club is blocked from spending due to FFP. If we had been promoted, or if FFP was taken away the spending would continue at a more impressive rate.

I think it’s more a case of Lerner giving it a good crack in the first 2 years and then losing interest - we are hoping xia doesn’t do similar . 

2 minutes ago, Sadken79 said:

He's got no money has he !! Not as much as we thought anyway. We are now Leeds mark 2 

We don't know. All we know is we, as a club, aren't allowed to spend. 

• Like 1

Â