Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

It’s a pretty ambiguous statement but I think it means we are getting rid of Bruce. The DR can’t really say much at the minute but my gut feeling is he thinks Bruce is very popular with the fans so is covering himself. We need a long term appointment with a recruitment policy to match. 

We are about to see a level of austerity that would make a Tory nut in his knickers.

Massive summer, massive decisions to be made. I hope the board are up to it. 

• Haha 2

Just now, dn1982 said:

It’s a pretty ambiguous statement but I think it means we are getting rid of Bruce. The DR can’t really say much at the minute but my gut feeling is he thinks Bruce is very popular with the fans so is covering himself. We need a long term appointment with a recruitment policy to match. 

Agree on the main although not sure it’s a case of getting rid - more likely a mutual decision 

2 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Whatever happens, I just think the fans need to get on board. Things look and feel shite at the moment, but come august we will be ready for it. 

Hell yeah !!! We can survive and finish higher than the blues. Woohoo

5 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Whatever happens, I just think the fans need to get on board. Things look and feel shite at the moment, but come august we will be ready for it. 

Agreed, if the support can continue as it ended this season Villa Park will be a really difficult place to play, it'll give the players a massive boost. 

Depressing read, I can't see people rushing ot to buy season tickets after that.

I wish he would stop banging on about still hurting though, smacks of playing to the crowd in my view.

1 minute ago, jim said:

Depressing read, I can't see people rushing ot to buy season tickets after that.

I wish he would stop banging on about still hurting though, smacks of playing to the crowd in my view.

You realise we are allowed to make more statements between now and the start of the season right?

I assume this statement was simply made because fans were moaning for one.

They probably have not even finalised all the definitives themselves yet.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jim said:

Buying season tickets is exactly what people need to do - the 40k that we had vs boro and derby need to be there every week

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

Agreed, if the support can continue as it ended this season Villa Park will be a really difficult place to play, it'll give the players a massive boost. 

It will providing we see the right steps being taken. We just need to be optimistic from the board down to the fans. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jim said:

I think they were selling really well at one point. A 10 year high in the early bird sales. We'll end up with around 20k season ticket holders again. 

38 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Does this mean we aren't getting a new north stand ? 

Actually we could. Stuff like infrastructure and youth development don't come under FFP.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I think we all want to get on board. I think as others have alluded to though lets have a bit of a rallying call from the club not continually referencing back to something that cannot be changed in Saturdays result. This scenario was always a possibility so lets face it head on and get on with it as we can do f all about the past but can do plenty to influence a positive future and no person is more capable of setting that example at this club than its owner.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Wainy316 said:

I don't care whatever else we do...

Just. Keep. Grealish!

It's very important we do, because he could earn the club far more than a 20m transfer fee. My worry is, Xia may want him gone if someone comes in with a good offer. He is our key asset in terms of quality, and value. 

1 hour ago, Sadken79 said:

I'm not buying that. I honestly think FFP is being used as a smokescreen by the club because we are skint.  Plenty other clubs find a way around it (they just need money to do so). The clubs who can't manipulate FFP are the clubs who haven't got the financial clout. We are well and truly f**ked 

That's cool.

I mean you're demonstrably incorrect. But cool.

• Like 2

Â