Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

FFP aside.....we do not have the best of records with spending big money( by our own standards), irrespective of who has been in charge.

There are times ( in our development/ status)that are better than others for doing so, unfortunately we have been in a subdued state for so long.

I don't we are in a position to benefit from expensive signings.

Wolves have got many ducks in a row to benefit from their investment and have managed to bring in 4/5 technically gifted players at the same time......by men who know that market, so know what they are getting......those technically gifted players are also athletic types that can cope with the rigours of this league......we would more likely bring in lightweights, theres the difference.

I still think Player recruitment will be the single biggest factor we need to get right to get out of this league.

I don't get all these contingency plans , this if ,the other if.

Everything this football club does, breathes, winks, coughs......is gearing to winning games.

anything but a win is a dagger through the heart......the sooner that finds its way on to the pitch on matchday the better.

We can all accept (to a degree) being beaten by a better side.....its the other games that concern us, when we don't turn up or go 2 up and get the deck chairs out.

Killer instinct will get us promotion.....we need to find it consistently.

Dr Tone, The fans, The players.....The whole caboodle, gets motivation from wins.

No other mental option should been even considered.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

I think the fans do need to play their part and really get behind Bruce and the team. Put aside all feelings about the style of football and the manager for a few months. We are 5 points off 2nd not battling relegation. A rocking Villa Park really could make the difference in the big games we have at home. 

Remember the atmosphere at Molineux. We need the same. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think the fans do need to play their part and really get behind Bruce and the team. Put aside all feelings about the style of football and the manager for a few months. We are 5 points off 2nd not battling relegation. A rocking Villa Park really could make the difference in the big games we have at home. 

Remember the atmosphere at Molineux. We need the same. 

I agree but it is very hard for the fans to get going watching Bruce's dross.

Hopefully we'll see a change in attitude in the coming games.

16 hours ago, Jareth said:

"Being negative all time doesn’t help anything" - well said tone. 

That's true, but at the same time Einstein once said “The definition of insanity is doing the same things over and over again, but expecting different results”.

39 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

That's true, but at the same time Einstein once said “The definition of insanity is doing the same things over and over again, but expecting different results”.

So Steve Bruce has gone insane then!

That explains it.  :)

Â