Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

3 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Diego Simeone? Thomas Tuchel? 

It doesn't really matter what Dr. X's ambitions are, someone like Dean Smith or Gary Rowett is as good as we can do until we get into the premier league.

The next manager we appoint should able to also help us kick on once we are promoted.

If the scenario where to arise where we happen to change our manager this season it has to be a long term appointment and not a mediocre esq for the sake of getting us out this league and then firing again come May?.. more expensive payoffs incurred too.

21 minutes ago, villa89 said:

It doesn't really matter what Dr. X's ambitions are, someone like Dean Smith or Gary Rowett is as good as we can do until we get into the premier league.

I think it does in a way V89 and I find it comforting that he is not just sitting back like Lerner did while his football club gets treated like a subbuteo set.

21 minutes ago, villa89 said:

I think it does in a way V89 and I find it comforting that he is not just sitting back like Lerner did while his football club gets treated like a subbuteo set.

22 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

The next manager we appoint should able to also help us kick on once we are promoted.

If the scenario where to arise where we happen to change our manager this season it has to be a long term appointment and not a mediocre esq for the sake of getting us out this league and then firing again come May?.. more expensive payoffs incurred too.

I'm currently in the opposite mindset - Get a manager purely to get us back into the Premier league for now... look at the long-term (in terms of manager) and we might not get promoted at all. 

7 minutes ago, ender4 said:

I'm currently in the opposite mindset - Get a manager purely to get us back into the Premier league for now... look at the long-term (in terms of manager) and we might not get promoted at all. 

Absolutely and depends if the right long term one happened to come up, if not I agree a short term appointment of someone who will still get us promotion and has the ability too while at the same time happy for it to be a 5 month stint.. an Allerdyce esq type of manager if you will?

Edited by AvfcRigo82

39 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Diego Simeone? Thomas Tuchel? 

Fwiw Rowett and Smith may look at the appointment with us as a more longer stint and whilst I would agree, I would not agree they are the ones to carry the flag once back in the Premier league, no disrespect.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

How we decide that then ? 

If any managers wins games, and keeps winning games then provided 'he wants to' he stays long term. If some some young visionary comes in who professes to 'change the ethos' and 'give us an identity'  but looses 10 on the bounce then he goes .....

I think the board, supporters, CEO etc are all hopeful  that any manager is long term, I don't think we take a decision to appoint a short term manager - but its a results driven business - long term/short term isn't really a decision the club makes, its determined by results...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ender4 said:

There is no such thing as a long term manager, its governed by results.....unless its a caretaker, which is different by definition.

We all hope every manager will be a long term one.

Nothing wrong in Xia giving those running the club a kick in the butt. That tweet tells me Xia isn’t happy and his expectations aren’t being met after spending 80m.

Another run of bad results and it may be more than Bruce getting the chop?

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, striker said:

Another run of bad results and it may be more than Bruce getting the chop?

A run of bad reults now, let say two losses against Forest and Barnsley, and Bruce is gone. Xia I hope stays, a bit early to sell the club less than two years ownership. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, villa82 said:

A run of bad reults now, let say two losses against Forest and Barnsley, and Bruce is gone. Xia I hope stays, a bit early to sell the club less than two years ownership

I think the warning signs are there though.

No money for players (i know FFP!!!!)  and attended 1 or maybe 2 games this season..........

58 minutes ago, hippo said:

I think the warning signs are there though.

No money for players (i know FFP!!!!)  and attended 1 or maybe 2 games this season..........

He is the Chairman of a Humungous group of companies and is constantly travelling and/or working.

Not Randy Lerner.

10 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

The guy is not the type to quit. He'll be here for a long time imo. He seems pretty determined to make a success out of us, however hard that may be. He just seems to make it hard for himself due to managerial appointments:mellow:. Its all Trial and error for him right now, he'll get there in the end.

OK lets wait and see. Personally I don't see him being here much past 2020 at the latest.

what has actually done to make you think he 'pretty determined' to make a success of us.

Not saying its easy, or XIA is dome dodgy charlatan - but Im seeing very little in terms of implementation of his grand plans......

35 minutes ago, hippo said:

OK lets wait and see. Personally I don't see him being here much past 2020 at the latest.

what has actually done to make you think he 'pretty determined' to make a success of us.

Not saying its easy, or XIA is dome dodgy charlatan - but Im seeing very little in terms of implementation of his grand plans......

Brum isn't gonna rebuild itself... 

Seriously though I heard from a Councillor friend that if you have a have a spare few hundred grand lying around, and can wait maybe 20 years it wouldn't be a bad idea to invest in property in Aston and Witton. It's ripe for regeneration and the council are aware of this and have started preliminary discussions etc with regards to it. Surely Xia is in the know about this and it's probably worth his while to hang around even if just to get in on some of that action. 

1 hour ago, VillaJ100 said:

Brum isn't gonna rebuild itself... 

Seriously though I heard from a Councillor friend that if you have a have a spare few hundred grand lying around, and can wait maybe 20 years it wouldn't be a bad idea to invest in property in Aston and Witton. It's ripe for regeneration and the council are aware of this and have started preliminary discussions etc with regards to it. Surely Xia is in the know about this and it's probably worth his while to hang around even if just to get in on some of that action. 

I think youre making a mighty leap of faith there - with one or two massive assumptions - even if correct that is very long term. Aston and Witton has been like that ...well since forever ! - with the current state of public finances I don't think a massive redevopment of Aston is any closer than it was 30 years ago. I seem to remember a similar hoo har about alot of land Ellis owned around Aston - I don't think he realised any major gains when he sold it.

I don't dislike Xia - But I do think a massive dose of reality is needed about what he can do for us. Ideas such as the above seem common place, but have very little substance - for a long time people where convinced XIA was backed by the chinese government - even though he was publicly stating he wasn't . Im not quite sure this coutry owning, state sponsored, multicongomlerate billionnaire owner - come from. 

Lets get the North stand sorted first - worry about wholescale redevelopment of Birmingham\ Aston \ Witton later... 

Edited by hippo

4 minutes ago, hippo said:

I think youre making a mighty leap of faith there - with one or two massive assumptions - even if correct that is very long term. Aston and Witton has been like that ...well since forever ! - with the current state of public finances I don't think a massive redevopment of Aston is any closer than it was 30 years ago. I seem to remember a similar hoo har about alot of land Ellis owned around Aston - I don't think he realised any major gains when he sold it.

I don't dislike Xia - But I do think a massive dose of reality is needed about what he can do for us. Ideas such as the above seem common place, but have very little substance - for a long time people where convinced XIA was backed by the chinese government - even though he was publicly stating he wasn't . Im not quite sure this coutry owning, state sponsored, multicongomlerate billionnaire owner - come from. 

Lets get the North stand sorted first - worry about wholescale redevelopment of Aston \ Witton later... 

I think it's generally because of what the council have prioritised over the last 20 years... Remember the City Centre in the mid 90's? Compared to now 20 years later it's like night and day. The fact its been like that forever means the situation is even more desperate now, with HS2 etc Brum will basically become a London commuter city and it will be a good opportunity to redevelop all these neglected areas. 

Edited by VillaJ100

13 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

I think it's generally what the council have prioritised over the last 20 years... Remember the City Centre in the mid 90's? Compared to now 20 years later it's like night and day. The fact its been like that forever means the situation is even more desperate now, with HS2 etc Brum will basically become a London commuter city and it will be a good opportunity to redevelop all these neglected areas. 

Well personally theres always some building project going on city centre. There was brief pause in the 1990's when centenary square was completed when the city centre looked dead smart. But since then we have had the bull ring redevlopment, now paradise circus and from what I can gather digbeth is next when that is complete. so to me the city centre is much as it has been since the 1990's

Anyway what you are asuuming is:-

• There will be a major redevelopment in Aston
  • Xia will be involved in major redeveopment of Aston
  • He will profit from it majorily
  • those profits will be invested into Aston Villa

Do not think all of those things coming together is extremley unlikley ? 

Oh yeah - and HS2 is a train that gets people to london 20 minutes quicker than they do now - nothing more, nothing less

Edited by hippo

It doesn't necessarily have to be just aston. If he gets well in with the council he could have a hand in development elsewhere. If he's got more money, it's not a great stretch to imagine some will go to us. I guess we will wait and see. 

56 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

It doesn't necessarily have to be just aston. If he gets well in with the council he could have a hand in development elsewhere. If he's got more money, it's not a great stretch to imagine some will go to us. I guess we will wait and see. 

He could do. But lets give him credit if and when he does. I can't factor in credit/excitement for XIA redeveloping vast areas of Brum when there is close to zero evidence of this happening.

Â