Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

Anyway, as far as the club is concerned, I think Xia will be here for the near future.

I don't think he would want the loss of face of pulling out this early.

Also he is still trying to achieve his first goal, promotion from this division.

If we get promoted and he cannot get any further after that, then I could see him pulling out.

I think he will want out after this season if we don't get promoted. 

Imaging buying a business and then being told you are only allowed to invest money you can generate from the business that needs investment to be able to generate. You wouldn't hang around for long. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

Brum isn't gonna rebuild itself... 

Seriously though I heard from a Councillor friend that if you have a have a spare few hundred grand lying around, and can wait maybe 20 years it wouldn't be a bad idea to invest in property in Aston and Witton. It's ripe for regeneration and the council are aware of this and have started preliminary discussions etc with regards to it. Surely Xia is in the know about this and it's probably worth his while to hang around even if just to get in on some of that action. 

20 years !!!!! jeez, i think i'll be dead by then and fear Villa will still be in chumpionship.....

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think he will want out after this season if we don't get promoted. 

Imaging buying a business and then being told you are only allowed to invest money you can generate from the business that needs investment to be able to generate. You wouldn't hang around for long. 

Sounds pretty ridiculous doesn't it?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, imavillan said:

20 years !!!!! jeez, i think i'll be dead by then and fear Villa will still be in chumpionship.....

No chance, we will be back in the Prem by then. However, there will be 'Eurofoot 2', 'Eurofoot 1' and the 'Sky Sports European Elite League™️' ahead of us making the prem actually the 4th tier... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Eastie said:

He may well want out if we don’t go up but as Lerner found out buyers are not that easy to find 

We could only hope instead of a total "Out".

He could use his connections to get us another investor to partner him?

Thing is, as we've seen with other clubs, there are ways around FFP. Do what Man City do, or he could get some mate to sponsor the club for £100m/year and pay him back on the sly.

Wolves have bid £34m for a Milan striker, on top of all the money they spent already.. and they didnt even have parachute payments.

All depends how "by the book" you want to be

7 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Thing is, as we've seen with other clubs, there are ways around FFP. Do what Man City do, or he could get some mate to sponsor the club for £100m/year and pay him back on the sly.

Wolves have bid £34m for a Milan striker, on top of all the money they spent already.. and they didnt even have parachute payments.

All depends how "by the book" you want to be

are other clubs in trouble with it other than QPR.....I don't really understand how you get out of it other than promotion.

It seems to me, that we are the only club suffering with it.

7 minutes ago, TRO said:

are other clubs in trouble with it other than QPR.....I don't really understand how you get out of it other than promotion.

It seems to me, that we are the only club suffering with it.

We've spent a lot on transfers and were carrying a gargantuan wage budget that we only partly managed to reduce.

Think that's where our problems lie.

We've tried to buy ourselves out of the league in a way only Wolves rival.

But to answer your question, I'm not sure either :)

VillaJ100 I reckon your mate on the council is right

There is a lot of Chinese investment in the city at the moment and owning the biggest club in Birmingham will give you a lot of clout.

The redevelopment of the ground will include a complex similar to Wembley imo so people will be drawn into the area not just on match days...we’ll see!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, sne said:

We've spent a lot on transfers and were carrying a gargantuan wage budget that we only partly managed to reduce.

Think that's where our problems lie.

We've tried to buy ourselves out of the league in a way only Wolves rival.

But to answer your question, I'm not sure either :)

I understand its initial concept....but i don't understand the wider implications/landscape of the whole thing.

Â