Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

2 minutes ago, dubbs said:

FFP affects all clubs. Even Peterborough. That's why we're not spending our way out of the division. 

Bloody Peterborough ruining our promotion chances :rant:

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Probably not.

He was having  a moan about "I've not had millions to spend" during our last slump quite consistently.

lol

In defence of Bruce (not something I do often on here ;)), when he moans about the money has/hasn't got, he always acknowledges that it's down to FFP. 

So it can't really be interpreted as a dig at the board or Xia. 

45 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Interesting PR. Will definitely puts pressure on the manager. Wonder if he was consulted before it was sent. 

Transfer targets? Managerial target?

The man sends that many cryptic messages I can't be arsed with guess who anymore.

Just now, DCJonah said:

Sends that after calling december a 'disaster month'

I'm hopeful Bruce won't survive another loss in form or won't be here next year regardless. 

I think he will be lucky if he is here past May, and like you say, another loss or even out the play off places then does it mean he is ready to pull the trigger?

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Interesting PR. Will definitely puts pressure on the manager. Wonder if he was consulted before it was sent. 

I have to admit that it's a piece of business far away from my expectations as well. 

I don’t get the timing of his latest statement.  He should have been making this well before our game against Boro.  I don’t think its mostly directed at Bruce but also our chairman. maybe even moreso towards him.

18 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

I don’t get the timing of his latest statement.  He should have been making this well before our game against Boro.  I don’t think its mostly directed at Bruce but also our chairman. maybe even moreso towards him.

I do! We have a big squad of players and we got knocked out of the cup at home to Peterborough. I think the owner expects a bit more - as do the rest of us!

Edited by villarocker
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, villarocker said:

I do! We have a big squad of players and we got knocked out of the cup at home to Peterborough. I think the owner expects a bit more - as do the rest of us!

Probably but the cup has turned into a joke.  We are better out of it and let us concentrate on getting promoted. Thats all that matters to me and what Dr T should concern himself with.

He's still trying to sell/promote the club to the Chinese market, perhaps the FA Cup still holds a name over there and would have been a place better to showcase us than the Championship?

Or perhaps whoever does the tweeting for him got a bit ahead of himself?

Â