Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

9 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

I remember Dr Tony saying he wanted to turn VP into a theme park.

I'd go with a dinosaur theme and rebrand the stadium Jurassic Park it would suit Bruce and the football being played perfectly.

I remember him saying he was going to come and live here - I don't really have a problem with anything he has said - the appointment of RDM was a balls up of the highest order, and much money was squandered in that time. Bruce has been a disappointment, his failings to deliver goals have been replicated at many clubs.

Our best hope is that a managerial genius just falls into villa park - because I don't see XIA going and getting one !   

3 hours ago, hippo said:

I remember him saying he was going to come and live here - I don't really have a problem with anything he has said - the appointment of RDM was a balls up of the highest order, and much money was squandered in that time. Bruce has been a disappointment, his failings to deliver goals have been replicated at many clubs.

Our best hope is that a managerial genius just falls into villa park - because I don't see XIA going and getting one !   

I’ve got to say, trusting to luck is probably our best bet of finding a good manager. Owen Coyle and Alan Curbishley are sitting by their phones, GULP!

Picking managers can't be an exact science, so I can't really appreciate the stick that dr T gets. Man Utd had a succession of managers who failed to win the top div. (one of which did well for us) had fergie followed by  2 managers who failed. Bruce was a reasonable choice, what's happened since doesn't change that. My criticism would be sticking with him for so long, but even given that , this notion of anyone But Bruce is ludicrous. Dr T can't sack him without a better candidate lined up.we are not getting a top 10 championship manager at this stage if the season. If he went for Terry, why not Giggs, or Mellberg - he'ed get crucified. May not like it, his hands may be tied. 

• Like 3

Xia getting burned by Peterborough Director of Football (and former SHA boss) Barry Fry ahead of this weekend FA cup game .

Former Birmingham City manager Barry Fry has taken a sensational swipe at Aston Villa owner Tony Xia’s ‘lack of ambition’.

Xia bought the club from Randy Lerner 18 months ago and spent almost £80million across his first two transfer windows in a bid to secure promotion to the Premier League at the first time of asking.

However, Villa finished 13th last season and Xia has had to rein in the spending due to concerns over Financial Fair Play.

Manager Steve Bruce was forced to deal in loans and minimal transfer fees in the summer window and Villa will once again focus on temporary deals this month.

And Fry, now director of football at Peterborough United, has had a pop at Xia ahead of his team’s visit to Villa Park for this weekend’s FA Cup third round tie.

Aston Villa’s FA Cup selection dilemmas and predicted starting XI

He said: “Villa have been in turmoil since Martin O’Neill left in my opinion. What I am amazed at is the lack of ambition shown by the Villa owner – why buy Villa if you don’t want to take them back to the Premier League?

“They have a great stadium, training ground and a huge fan base – I cannot believe the club is not backing Steve to the hilt.”

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/tony-xia-barry-fry-villa-14108413

Oh no he didn't 

I feel a tweet coming :D

2 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

Barry f*****g Fry....? Yeah, achieved a lot himself hasn't he to be taking a pop at Xia 

Well he's knows a lot of cuss words at least...

• Haha 2

Lack of ambition. Hmm an owner having the clubs best interest in mind when choosing not to spend is not lacking ambition. Xia wants the best for Aston Villa, but if Aston Villa don't achieve the goal of promotion for whatever reason we will be better off because Xia didn't go overboard. I truly believe that Xia wants Aston Villa in the highest echelons of world football, but he has to do it somewhat safely otherwise the club pays for it in the end. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sne said:

Xia getting burned by Peterborough Director of Football (and former SHA boss) Barry Fry ahead of this weekend FA cup game .

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/tony-xia-barry-fry-villa-14108413

Oh no he didn't 

I feel a tweet coming :D

It reminds me of when we were managed by Big Ron and we came up against Malcolm Allison in The Cup.  He was really beyond the twilight of his career and tried to mouth off against Ron.  Just came across as a sad old has been. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

It reminds me of when we were managed by Big Ron and we came up against Malcolm Allison in The Cup.  He was really beyond the twilight of his career and tried to mouth off against Ron.  Just came across as a sad old has been. 

Difference is Fry has never "been".

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I really don't know what else Tony could have done for the club? He has given both managers plenty of resources, and he has been extremely patient with Bruce. 

What has Tony done wrong in his tenure? I definitely feel Tony's ambition.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

I really don't know what else Tony could have done for the club?

He hasn't pissed on the corner flag to rid Villa park of our curse. 

Something to google for our younger readers :P

Â