Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

So it's definitely closed for vacancies. Then it's, heading backwards soon (yay!), or, people are walking away soon... all positive I'm sure, especially coming from  the T Man. 

Edited by Tayls

The chinese emoji means 'full to capacity'. Take that for what you will.

I'm saying it means, 'no more transfers for now as we're full up but people going soon'. 

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

I'm saying it means, 'no more transfers for now as we're full up but people going soon'. 

Agreed. Tony means exactly that.

And also I think I've deciphered, using special detectivist skills that  #UTV must be one of those hashbags that the twitters use maybe - something kind of supportive of Villa? :P No idea what it could stand for though.

Anyway, up the Villa and all that.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, blandy said:

And also I think I've deciphered, using special detectivist skills that  #UTV must be one of those hashbags that the twitters use maybe - something kind of supportive of Villa? :P No idea what it could stand for though.

Useless team Villa?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, blandy said:

Hashbags are something else entirely, :ph34r:

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Barney_avfc said:

Any ideas folks? 

22 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

How about...

They've managed to unlock McCormack's front gate, something rude in Chinese, he is walking to Sunderland soon.

I know he pissed Bruce off, but making him moonwalk all the way to Sunderland seems harsh.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

i Think so too

I hate to nitpick

but second set of Emoij's

probably means

one player going soon

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-08-31/chinese-aston-villa-owner-drops-purchase-of-hollywood-studio

Chinese Aston Villa Owner Drops Purchase of Hollywood Studio

The China-based owner of U.K. soccer club Aston Villa has scrapped plans to buy U.S. movie producer Millennium Films, the latest deal to fall apart amid a Chinese government campaign to discourage certain overseas investments.

600x-1.jpg

Tony Xia

Photographer: Shaun Brooks/Action Plus via Getty Images

Recon Wenyuan Cable Co., a wire and cable company controlled by Chinese businessman Tony Xia, said both the buyer and seller had agreed not to pursue the deal, because the transaction cannot be completed by a deadline set at Aug. 31, according to a regulatory statement on Thursday. Recon Wenyuan will instead pursue “strategic cooperation” with Millennium Films, according to the statement.

Chinese authorities heightened their campaign to curb some overseas deals this month as part of a drive to reduce leverage and risk in the financial system. The restrictions target companies making investments abroad in areas such as real estate, hotels, entertainment and sports clubs.

In February, Recon Wenyuan had announced it would buy 51 percent of the U.S. movie producer for as much as $100 million, confirming a Bloomberg News report.

Founded in 1996 by Avi Lerner and Trevor Short, Los Angeles-based Millennium Films produced the three “Expendables” movies, according to researcher Box Office Mojo. The company produces, finances and handles international sales for five to eight star-driven movies a year, generally with budgets of between $20 million and $80 million, according to its website.

Last year, Xia’s Recon Group -- a Beijing-based conglomerate that has businesses in industries ranging from health care to agriculture -- bought the Aston Villa team from former Cleveland Browns owner Randy Lerner.

Pretty much only Villa could finally get an owner with grandiose plans, and then get their balls cut off before even getting to bust their load.

Obviously it has been brought up before, but now makes it even more obvious that the Chinese governments sudden stand on overseas investment twatted us.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-08-31/chinese-aston-villa-owner-drops-purchase-of-hollywood-studio

Pretty much only Villa could finally get an owner with grandiose plans, and then get their balls cut off before even getting to bust their load.

Obviously it has been brought up before, but now makes it even more obvious that the Chinese governments sudden stand on overseas investment twatted us.

It makes you wonder whether it is FFP or PRC that has halted our spending! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He seems to have denied this on Twitter, but I couldn't really understand what he meant in his tweet.

• Like 1

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-recon-holding-investment-idUSKCN1BB0KV?feedType=RSS&feedName=topNews&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=Social

Chinese magnate revamps Hollywood deal amid crackdown on overseas investment

Reuters Staff

2 MIN READ

•  
  •  

FILE PHOTO: Recon Group CEO Tony Xia attends a news conference for Recon Group’s acquisition of soccer club Aston Villa in Beijing, China, July 18, 2016.Jason Lee/File Photo

BEIJING/SHANGHAI (Reuters) - A Chinese magnate, known for the purchase of English soccer club Aston Villa, has revised a plan to buy the majority of a Hollywood studio for $100 million due to increased government scrutiny over outbound deals in the entertainment sector.

Tony Xia said in a tweet on Thursday he would no longer conduct the acquisition via his listed firm Recon Wenyuan Cable Co Ltd, but through a separate non-listed entity due to a “new Chinese policy of film industry restriction.”

The government has been tightening regulation following big-money deals overseas, especially in areas such as film, sports and real estate, due to concern about high levels of debt.

It has also restricted the export of capital to deter investment abroad, particularly in sectors unrelated to a firm’s core business, in the hope of stemming depreciation of the yuan.

In February, Recon Wenyuan said it planned to spend up to $100 million to buy 51 percent of Millennium Film, whose productions include “The Expendables”.

On Thursday, it said interested parties would not pursue the deal as it could not be completed before a previously agreed deadline of Aug. 31.

Later on Thursday, Xia retweeted a Twitter post stating Xia had dropped the deal, and attached a comment saying the post was not accurate and that another entity would “continue the deal”.

Xia is not the first magnate to cut a listed firm from a deal. Gao Jisheng’s Lander Sports Development Co Ltd pulled out of a deal for English soccer club Southampton in April, before completing it independently earlier this month.

China’s cabinet issued rules on acquisitions abroad for the first time this month, possibly signaling a further slowing of funds that have flowed overseas in recent years. Thomson Reuters data showed outbound mergers and acquisitions this year fell 42 percent as of Aug. 14 versus the same period last year.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-recon-holding-investment-idUSKCN1BB0KV?feedType=RSS&feedName=topNews&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=Social

Chinese magnate revamps Hollywood deal amid crackdown on overseas investment

Reuters Staff

2 MIN READ

•  
  •  

FILE PHOTO: Recon Group CEO Tony Xia attends a news conference for Recon Group’s acquisition of soccer club Aston Villa in Beijing, China, July 18, 2016.Jason Lee/File Photo

BEIJING/SHANGHAI (Reuters) - A Chinese magnate, known for the purchase of English soccer club Aston Villa, has revised a plan to buy the majority of a Hollywood studio for $100 million due to increased government scrutiny over outbound deals in the entertainment sector.

Tony Xia said in a tweet on Thursday he would no longer conduct the acquisition via his listed firm Recon Wenyuan Cable Co Ltd, but through a separate non-listed entity due to a “new Chinese policy of film industry restriction.”

The government has been tightening regulation following big-money deals overseas, especially in areas such as film, sports and real estate, due to concern about high levels of debt.

It has also restricted the export of capital to deter investment abroad, particularly in sectors unrelated to a firm’s core business, in the hope of stemming depreciation of the yuan.

In February, Recon Wenyuan said it planned to spend up to $100 million to buy 51 percent of Millennium Film, whose productions include “The Expendables”.

On Thursday, it said interested parties would not pursue the deal as it could not be completed before a previously agreed deadline of Aug. 31.

Later on Thursday, Xia retweeted a Twitter post stating Xia had dropped the deal, and attached a comment saying the post was not accurate and that another entity would “continue the deal”.

Xia is not the first magnate to cut a listed firm from a deal. Gao Jisheng’s Lander Sports Development Co Ltd pulled out of a deal for English soccer club Southampton in April, before completing it independently earlier this month.

China’s cabinet issued rules on acquisitions abroad for the first time this month, possibly signaling a further slowing of funds that have flowed overseas in recent years. Thomson Reuters data showed outbound mergers and acquisitions this year fell 42 percent as of Aug. 14 versus the same period last year.

Fair enough.

• Like 1

Â