Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

Yer know, thankfully there is a huge difference between our Tony and your average villa fan - he has loads of money and wants to make us great again,  and your average villa fan is emotionally damaged goods from following the club the last six years. He's definitely better placed to make the right decisions. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

Yer know, thankfully there is a huge difference between our Tony and your average villa fan - he has loads of money and wants to make us great again,  and your average villa fan is emotionally damaged goods from following the club the last six years. He's definitely better placed to make the right decisions. 

People said the same about Lerner for years. 

Just now, Jareth said:

Great idea - Xia = Lerner. Get a grip. 

Haha how did you get to that one?

The point is, people used to say the same things about Lerner. Just being the owner doesn't mean they make the right decisions. 

Good one though. 

• Like 1

Just now, DCJonah said:

Haha how did you get to that one?

The point is, people used to say the same things about Lerner. Just being the owner doesn't mean they make the right decisions. 

Good one though. 

I understand. Once you decide that you want something, then unless you get it, you ain't gonna be a happy bunny. I'd advise taking a step back, look at the form since reading, indulge in some optimism based on Kodjia and Jedi returning along with Snodgrass - and then come to a sensible, cool-headed reassessment of where the villa is going. If you still think we are completely doomed, and that Xia is out to make your life a misery, then possibly, it is too late for you my friend. 

Just now, Jareth said:

I understand. Once you decide that you want something, then unless you get it, you ain't gonna be a happy bunny. I'd advise taking a step back, look at the form since reading, indulge in some optimism based on Kodjia and Jedi returning along with Snodgrass - and then come to a sensible, cool-headed reassessment of where the villa is going. If you still think we are completely doomed, and that Xia is out to make your life a misery, then possibly, it is too late for you my friend. 

Love Dr Tony. Doesn't mean he will make the right decisions all the time though. 

I'll be a happy bunny when he sacks Bruce. Will happen sooner than later.  

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Love Dr Tony. Doesn't mean he will make the right decisions all the time though. 

I'll be a happy bunny when he sacks Bruce. Will happen sooner than later.  

Well here's the thing, you just don't know. 

The way our results correlate to wanting Xia out is laughable frankly. The guy is the best we could have hoped for and imo doing a really good job so far.

Obviously we haven't been amazing on the pitch and gained promotion yet, but he has supplied all the tools necesarry and I'm sure will continue to do so.

• Like 3

Just now, peterms said:

We have no idea how much money he has or what he wants.

Would you say he's spend a fair bit on transfers and wages since he's been here ?

I think he's made it perfectly clear what he wants ???

Just now, dounavilla said:

Would you say he's spend a fair bit on transfers and wages since he's been here ?

I think he's made it perfectly clear what he wants ???

Again though, this could have been said about Lerner after his first 2 years. 

I'm a big fan of Dr T and think he's done some good things, but if we continue to languish in this league he has to take responsibility for it. 

Just now, DCJonah said:

I'm a big fan of Dr T and think he's done some good things, but if we continue to languish in this league he has to take responsibility for it. 

That's the spirit, get so used to being beaten and defeated that your first impulse is to point the finger and blame someone. How about a bit of love and support for the one guy that will actually get us out of this mess? I am so fed up with the spoilt attitudes or pure xenophobia (not you) directed towards the one guy who is really honestly trying to turn this knackered ship around. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

So perhaps the lesson here is to show some patience.

If in a couple years he gives up and does a Lerner , then indeed he can do one. But dont assume that will be the case.

As for promotion, as long as he shows the right support and does His utmost when it comes to hiring and firing, then he will have my support rather than blame.

Edited by dounavilla

6 minutes ago, Jareth said:

The FA do. 

They can't even spot when prospective owners are well-publicised serial abusers of human rights.

Do you really expect them to understand the intricacies of a network of private Chinese companies without published accounts?

3 minutes ago, Jareth said:

The FA do. 

Do they?

the fit and proper test is a load of bollocks

still hard to see what any of the Chinese investors in English football are doing, none of them have flooded it with investment, xia and wolves have spent more than baggies, southamptons only been a week I think to be fair

Â