Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

Billionaire owners don't mean anything in this league.  Half the league has billionaire owners and have spent nowhere near as much as we have on fees and wages.

I don't think there is any way we could have spent anymore than we have. We've smashed Championship spending records.  

• Like 2

On 05/09/2017 at 15:55, decamoto said:

Southampton, City & Liverpool owners are all there a few years - nothing to say Xia wont become similar yet. Everton have done exactly what Xia did in his first year. Threw money at the problem to buy them a bit of time. A bit easier when you've finished 6-8th in the Premiership, have a whopper Sky deal and saleable assets e.g. Lukaku.

The main difference with those clubs was that they were not in as big of a mess when the owners took over as Villa were/still are. Which is why I think your view on Xia is extremely harsh/unfair at this point.

You pressed me many times for answer many times on who the ideal owner of Aston Villa would be. 

My view of XIA is that people are overly excited by him. I see no evidence of him being able to shift us into the big league.

Edited by hippo

1 hour ago, hippo said:

You pressed me many times for answer many times on who the ideal owner of Aston Villa would be. 

My view of XIA is that people are overly excited by him. I see no evidence of him being able to shift us into the big league.

Which is your opinion on him, just wondering what more he is meant to have done that he hasn't already ?

He's spent money when managers have wanted players, he's invested money into the club he's employed new people to expand the club. He even tried motivating the players last season.

Without interfering directly with the team I can't see what more he could do ?

Just read back , I'm not having a go as you have already expressed your views.

Just think personally he has done everything he can so far

Edited by brummybloke
Didn't read back
  • Like 2

I still think it's too difficult / too early to properly judge him. 

The pros: he's invested a lot, he seems to be trying to turn around the whole culture at the club, he engages with fans, he seems to genuinely care.  

The cons: I think by anyone standards he has made at least one bad managerial appointment, and some of the tweets come across as a bit unprofessional. Buying strategy has also maybe been a bit scattergun given we can't keep on doing it; but arguably that's the CEO's role rather than the Chairman.  

We'd all like to be further on this journey by now, but he's not done enough either way to convince me he is or isn't a good enough owner to properly take us back to where we should be. 

• Like 1

Never understand why people need to be judged after the event.  I judge him by what he's done today and so far  I'm very happy with him.  To be fair management appointment success is almost luck of the draw below the big teams.  He tried with RDM and rectified as soon as it wasnt working, just like I feel sticking with Bruce at the moment is the right choice.  

His tweets I dont see as unprofessional at all, it's the modern age where consumers, especially the younger generation communicate via these mediums and in real time.  The fact his makes it slightly playful with emojis shows that he has a fun side.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mrjc said:

I still think it's too difficult / too early to properly judge him. 

The pros: he's invested a lot, he seems to be trying to turn around the whole culture at the club, he engages with fans, he seems to genuinely care.  

The cons: I think by anyone standards he has made at least one bad managerial appointment, and some of the tweets come across as a bit unprofessional. Buying strategy has also maybe been a bit scattergun given we can't keep on doing it; but arguably that's the CEO's role rather than the Chairman.  

We'd all like to be further on this journey by now, but he's not done enough either way to convince me he is or isn't a good enough owner to properly take us back to where we should be. 

Yes I can agree with that

Early judgements can be made - but obviously they hold less clout then when, say he has been here for 5 years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hippo said:

Yes I can agree with that

Early judgements can be made - but obviously they hold less clout then when, say he has been here for 5 years.

5 years may be a daunting prospect.....but i take your point and agree with it.

But we need to see the fruits of his investments before then.

Edited by TRO

Sorry to say this, but from now on every game Bruce remains as our manager and all the resulting points dropped is on Xia.

He simply has to act now and protect his investment and save our season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sne said:

Sorry to say this, but from now on every game Bruce remains as our manager and all the resulting points dropped is on Xia.

He simply has to act now and protect his investment and save our season.

Came here to post something like that. Xia needs to act now.

It's time for the Dr to stop posting stupid cryptic messages on twitter and take action. Does he not understand how terrible we actually are.

Does he understand how moronic it is to have people at high levels in the club making statements such as 60k stadiums and Villa engines when we can't even beat Brentford at home.

The damage is already done, he's going to make a massive loss on this investment and he only has the people he's appointed at advisory positions in the club to blame.

I'm getting to the point where apathy is kicking in and i don't really care anymore. 

This club is a joke.

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 3

Make or break moment for Xia now.... could be the defining point of his ownership if he sticks for too much longer. All momentum would be lost if this continues. FFP will bite us harder next season when the parachute payments drop drastically. He needs to hand P45's to Bruce & Wyness ASAP ! 

Â