Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

17 minutes ago, tomaspg said:

guessing so, or maybe no 3 and 4 are incoming depending on 2 players leaving prior

Elphick, Gardner and McCormack I assume would be 3 potential exits. Maybe Adomah too?? Bruce seems to have a hard on for Elmo for some bizzare reason and we have just signed Snodgrass.

Could it be that shortly after the good Doctor bought Aston Villa he found out that Villa are actually part of the National Heritage UK or part of a conservation area? Being one of the founding clubs of English football and all that.

Maybe he found out that even if you rebuild you have to use parts from that era (Bruce, Wyness) or in a pinch use  something that imitates those parts as close as possible (Round, Terry, Samba, Whelan, Jedinak...)

Would explain why Di Matteo only got 12 games and why even thou the results are pretty much the same Bruce, Wyness and Round are still here .

I've seen loads of episodes of Grand Designs with Kevin McCloud and it always costs a fortune and takes ages to rebuild as soon as National Heritage UK are involved. :ph34r:

Edited by sne

1 hour ago, Shropshire Lad said:

The best thing you could have done this window Tony is sack Bruce. 

It would have been much cheaper in the long run. 

I really just wanted clarification on what Tony is saying in the tweet. He's saying it's incorrect that we're using FFP as an excuse, then he's talking about balancing and the red line. But we did well this window.

It just reads a bit muddled to me.

1 minute ago, Shropshire Lad said:

I really just wanted clarification on what Tony is saying in the tweet. He's saying it's incorrect that we're using FFP as an excuse, then he's talking about balancing and the red line. But we did well this window.

It just reads a bit muddled to me.

My reading of it is some people thought he was using ffp as an excuse for having no money to spend - however it's true that ffp is the reason and even though we've boxed clever this summer we are still close to the red line .

i think he's basically having a go at those who say he's skint and think he's  using ffp as an excuse not to spend .

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Eastie said:

My reading of it is some people thought he was using ffp as an excuse for having no money to spend - however it's true that ffp is the reason and even though we've boxed clever this summer we are still close to the red line .

i think he's basically having a go at those who say he's skint and think he's  using ffp as an excuse not to spend .

Thanks, with that in mind, the tweet makes a bit more sense.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Eastie said:

Close to the red line is quite a scary comment. If we are close now then how **** will we be next summer when we are still in the championship? The revenue drop next season is huge. Next season could be even worse than the end of Lerner's tenure

1 hour ago, KHV said:

Close to the red line is quite a scary comment. If we are close now then how **** will we be next summer when we are still in the championship? The revenue drop next season is huge. Next season could be even worse than the end of Lerner's tenure

If we don't go up then I expect some of our better players will have to be sold and we will see more of the younger players emerge in the side - could be a bumpy road if we fail to go up this time .

10 minutes ago, Eastie said:

If we don't go up then I expect some of our better players will have to be sold and we will see more of the younger players emerge in the side - could be a bumpy road if we fail to go up this time .

I think it will be more than a bumpy road, I think we would be in a real mess. Things could get pretty ugly from there. 

We've a lot of players set to leave next summer, it's hard to imagine what the team/squad might look like.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I don't see us going up this season and the parachute money will halve next season. I think we are going to be absolutely ****, we will certainly be in the red next season unless we flog half of the squad. 

Not only flog them but clubs would know our situation in having to sell and we'd be in a weak bargaining position - probably lose the best players and stuck with all the shit .

Â