Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

Just now, peterms said:

They can't even spot when prospective owners are well-publicised serial abusers of human rights.

Do you really expect them to understand the intricacies of a network of private Chinese companies without published accounts?

I smell a chip on your upper body.

Just now, peterms said:

They can't even spot when prospective owners are well-publicised serial abusers of human rights.

Do you really expect them to understand the intricacies of a network of private Chinese companies without published accounts?

Who's human rights has tony infringed? Other than the Bruce Out brigade who believe it their human right to tell the owner to sack him? 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Do they?

the fit and proper test is a load of bollocks

still hard to see what any of the Chinese investors in English football are doing, none of them have flooded it with investment, xia and wolves have spent more than baggies, southamptons only been a week I think to be fair

FFP

8 minutes ago, dounavilla said:

Would you say he's spend a fair bit on transfers and wages since he's been here ?

I think he's made it perfectly clear what he wants ???

a) Yes I would.

b ) He has made  many public statements of intent.  Being one of the top (what was it, three, five, ten, I forget) clubs in the world, for example.  I do not take these statements at face value.  Do you?

5 minutes ago, Jareth said:

That's the spirit, get so used to being beaten and defeated that your first impulse is to point the finger and blame someone. How about a bit of love and support for the one guy that will actually get us out of this mess? I am so fed up with the spoilt attitudes or pure xenophobia (not you) directed towards the one guy who is really honestly trying to turn this knackered ship around. 

I've said I'm a big fan of him. I like what he's doing. He's put his money where his mouth is. But he doesn't get just exonerated from bad decisions because of this. I'll will judge him on what he does for Aston villa football club as the owner. So far I like it, but if sticking with Bruce leads us to failing to get promoted he doesn't get away with it just because he cares. 

Our last owner is the perfect example of this. People used to say he had our best interest at heart while he was causing long term damage. 

7 minutes ago, dounavilla said:

So perhaps the lesson here is to show some patience.

If in a couple years he gives up and does a Lerner , then indeed he can do one. But dont assume that will be the case.

As for promotion, as long as he shows the right support and does His utmost when it comes to hiring and firing, then he will have my support rather than blame.

I haven't assumed anything. 

I've just said caring and wanting the best doesn't mean he makes all the right decisions. 

Just now, Jareth said:

FFP

That's what I meant with investment, none of us have taken the owners company sponsors the training kit for £20m a season route, I'd say the general consensus with xia is we get promoted and the list of official partners will get a bit exotic but so far those already in the prem aren't doing that, is Chinese money washing over us once we have prem status meaning we can spend what we like

Our team and squad is the strongest I have seen in the past 4-5 years, the Doc needs to just implement the right manager. We've seen what this team is capable of if they are set up to attack, just think Bruce is being v negative, tactics are shocking, subs are ineffective and too late. 

This is the time to get rid!!

2 minutes ago, peterms said:

a) Yes I would.

b ) He has made  many public statements of intent.  Being one of the top (what was it, three, five, ten, I forget) clubs in the world, for example.  I do not take these statements at face value.  Do you?

A) so im giving him a tick on the spending front.

2) a tick here for ambition.

Regardless of whether we end up beating Barcelona 5-0 in 5 years. I'm sure most of us would agree that promotion, stability in the prem followed by gradual improvement year on year would be perfectly acceptable. 

Although I'm sure by that stage, some will still be slagging Xia off.

4 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Who's human rights has tony infringed? Other than the Bruce Out brigade who believe it their human right to tell the owner to sack him? 

You misunderstand.

Shinawatra

was alllwed to buy Man Citeh, because the FA have no idea about anything and don't actually check owners against the most basic criteria.

As prime minister, Thaksin had unsuccessfully sought to buy the English Premier League football clubs Fulham and later Liverpool, in what critics claimed was a publicity stunt in response to his political problems.[168]

On 21 June 2007, now out of office, he bought Premier League club Manchester City for £81.6 million.[169] He became briefly popular with fans (who nicknamed him 'Frank'[170]), especially after appointing Sven-Göran Eriksson manager of the club and bringing in prominent players.[171] Eriksson was later critical of Thaksin's running of the club, saying "he [Thaksin] didn't understand football – he hadn't a clue."[172] He sold the club to investors from Abu Dhabi United Group in September 2008 for a reported £200 million.

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

That's what I meant with investment, none of us have taken the owners company sponsors the training kit for £20m a season route, I'd say the general consensus with xia is we get promoted and the list of official partners will get a bit exotic but so far those already in the prem aren't doing that, is Chinese money washing over us once we have prem status meaning we can spend what we like

Fair point - I don't know the subtelties of getting around FFP, I am sure it has been tightened though. Would love to think Tony would splurge if we go up, but I can't know. I suppose I'm thinking about what Wyness said lately about competing at Everton levels of transactions if we go up. 

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I haven't assumed anything. 

I've just said caring and wanting the best doesn't mean he makes all the right decisions. 

As I'm sure you would agree in that case that in football, no chairman, manager, player will make the right decisions all the time. 

2 minutes ago, peterms said:

You misunderstand.

Shinawatra

was alllwed to buy Man Citeh, because the FA have no idea about anything and don't actually check owners against the most basic criteria.

Ok, but does this instantly mean that every owner is dodgy? There is just no evidence to say that Tony is anything other than what he says. I mean, what are anyone's suspicions BASED on? 

2 minutes ago, dounavilla said:

A) so im giving him a tick on the spending front.

2) a tick here for ambition.

Regardless of whether we end up beating Barcelona 5-0 in 5 years. I'm sure most of us would agree that promotion, stability in the prem followed by gradual improvement year on year would be perfectly acceptable. 

Although I'm sure by that stage, some will still be slagging Xia off.

Spending is an input, not an outcome.  A possible means to an end, not desirable in itself.

If we had for example the most expensive squad in the division and were fighting relegation, would anyone see that as good?  Clearly not.

I agree with the goals you have outlined.  It sounds so much more realistic than the bolocks he was spouting.

9 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I've said I'm a big fan of him. I like what he's doing. He's put his money where his mouth is. But he doesn't get just exonerated from bad decisions because of this. I'll will judge him on what he does for Aston villa football club as the owner. So far I like it, but if sticking with Bruce leads us to failing to get promoted he doesn't get away with it just because he cares. 

Our last owner is the perfect example of this. People used to say he had our best interest at heart while he was causing long term damage. 

Great - we fail to get promotion, what are you gonna do? Call for Xia out? Lip him off in a forum? 

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Yer know, thankfully there is a huge difference between our Tony and your average villa fan - he has loads of money and wants to make us great again,  and your average villa fan is emotionally damaged goods from following the club the last six years. He's definitely better placed to make the right decisions. 

Or some of us could have a little knowledge of football, a sprinkling of common sense and the uncanny ability to see shite in the future based on past and current evidence.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â