Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

Don't get the blind adulation for the cult of Xia but equally he hasn't done much to be critical of. Verdicts out for me until he achieves something of note. Just because he isn't Lerner does not mean he will be a good owner long term. Time will tell. 

As has been mentioned prior, Tony Xia is no fool.

He is new to football, but I have no doubt he will be a quick learner.

Some of his twitter comments, mentions about coaching and so on hint to this.

I feel he will soon feel more confident of making informed decisions.

He won't want to hang about here for too long, he has big plans.

3 hours ago, Jareth said:

I won't put up with lazy xenophobia which is running rife behind some 'opinions' disguised as simple criticisms. There is nothing the good Dr has done that you can get at him for, he hasn't put a foot wrong - and you'd think there might be a tad more appreciation of that. 

One thingI think I can say without any hesitation is that Peter is not xenophobic .. (can't vouch for his laziness mind )

try a different argument ...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

So, you're telling us that Tony started a company in order to buy Villa and appointed Samuelson as a director of that company so that he could erm...direct that process - but, and this is the important part of your argument in so far as I can follow it; you're telling us that Samuelson was in fact never a director of the company Tony appointed him to even though you're telling us he was?

Is Samuelson in fact, Schrödinger's director?

Well yeah, Tony would need a UK entity with which to operate a U.K. football club. And yes, Samuelson is an international financier who was central to the whole process until it was done. If that is not the case then what is? Can anyone actually tell me why else Samuelson left? 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

One thingI think I can say without any hesitation is that Peter is not xenophobic .. (can't vouch for his laziness mind )

try a different argument ...

Fair enough,  so what's the hang up on this tweet by Tony about a guy who isn't here anymore that is being used to cast doubt over the owner? That tweet has been completely misinterpreted and now used to bash the Dr. 

Just now, thabucks said:

What's your hang up over someone questing Xia and the fact he said something which turned out to be false? 

That it is being used to cast doubt over a good guy, for no good reason.

BTW, from the looks of this, EVIL Chris Samuelson has been busy aiding and abbetting untrustworthy foreigners all over the shop. Not that it is his profession or anything. 

Socfin congratulates Tony Xia on his purchase of Aston Villa Football Club from Randy Lerner and was pleased to have negotiated and arranged the transaction on his behalf.

Socfin was appointed exclusive advisor to Yunyi Investments in January 2016 on choosing and arranging the acquisition of an English Premier League club that culminated in the Yunyi led consortium acquiring West Bromwich Albion from Jeremy Peace in August 2016. We wish the Yunyi consortium members every success.

Socfin is acting as advisor to investors seeking to acquire European football clubs in England, Spain, Italy and France and has also been appointed by owners of clubs in the top two leagues of these countries to handle the sale of their clubs.

http://socfin.ch/latestnews/

• Like 2

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

So, you're telling us that Tony started a company in order to buy Villa and appointed Samuelson as a director of that company so that he could erm...direct that process - but, and this is the important part of your argument in so far as I can follow it; you're telling us that Samuelson was in fact never a director of the company Tony appointed him to even though you're telling us he was?

Is Samuelson in fact, Schrödinger's director?

I understand what Jareth is trying to say - and that is - Samuelson was never related to the main Recon company, and Tony's tweet was referring to Samuelson not being related to the main company. Now the argument is that Samuelson was a director of Recon UK - which is not the Recon group, or Recon itself - just a shell created to do the business of buying Villa, but there is a relationship between the two companies, ergo technically a link between Samuelson and Recon.

Now, as I see it there are various ways to interpret this

1. Tony is referring to Recon (the main company) when he says Samuelson is nothing to do with Recon (as would be my interpretation, and seems to be Jareth's)
  2. Tony is using bad English (or not fully understanding the nuance) when saying that Samuelson has no involvement with Recon - and is being picked apart for being technically incorrect (Recon UK is owned by Recon so technically Samuelson has a tenuous relationship to the parent company). 
  3. Tony used a throwaway comment about Samuelson in order to calm the nerves of Villa fans who were losing their sh*t about Samuelson being anywhere near the Villa and the specific wording used has come back to haunt him (well, i'm sure he doesn't care, but in the context of this thread)
  4. Tony is a LIAR LIAR PANTS ON FIRE. Watch out everyone he is going to murder us all to death and steal Villa Park in the middle of the night - we will head down there and there will just be a hole in the ground (but it will still be more inviting and pleasant than St Andrews)

Given that Tony said Samuelson was just involved in helping get the transaction completed (its what he does after all) and that Samuelson departed shortly afterwards, the events would seem to corroborate interpretations 1 or 2. Others however seem to have jumped to a conclusion based on interpretation 4

Personally I thing that basing a judgement of Tony being a liar and not to be trusted on this, and this alone is more than a little unfair and perhaps a bit silly. If there are other reasons to believe he is dishonest, then fine, but I do not think there are (some may surface in the future, but until they do......). 

It is fair to say he is Naive and has made some bad choices, absolutely. But to question his honesty, no. 

For what it is worth, I do think the Xenophobia comment was unwarranted. The question of his honesty came from what he said, no mention was made of his nationality or background.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, TheStagMan said:

I understand what Jareth is trying to say - and that is - Samuelson was never related to the main Recon company, and Tony's tweet was referring to Samuelson not being related to the main company. Now the argument is that Samuelson was a director of Recon UK - which is not the Recon group, or Recon itself - just a shell created to do the business of buying Villa, but there is a relationship between the two companies, ergo technically a link between Samuelson and Recon.

Now, as I see it there are various ways to interpret this

1. Tony is referring to Recon (the main company) when he says Samuelson is nothing to do with Recon (as would be my interpretation, and seems to be Jareth's)
  2. Tony is using bad English (or not fully understanding the nuance) when saying that Samuelson has no involvement with Recon - and is being picked apart for being technically incorrect (Recon UK is owned by Recon so technically Samuelson has a tenuous relationship to the parent company). 
  3. Tony used a throwaway comment about Samuelson in order to calm the nerves of Villa fans who were losing their sh*t about Samuelson being anywhere near the Villa and the specific wording used has come back to haunt him (well, i'm sure he doesn't care, but in the context of this thread)
  4. Tony is a LIAR LIAR PANTS ON FIRE. Watch out everyone he is going to murder us all to death and steal Villa Park in the middle of the night - we will head down there and there will just be a hole in the ground (but it will still be more inviting and pleasant than St Andrews)

Given that Tony said Samuelson was just involved in helping get the transaction completed (its what he does after all) and that Samuelson departed shortly afterwards, the events would seem to corroborate interpretations 1 or 2. Others however seem to have jumped to a conclusion based on interpretation 4

Personally I thing that basing a judgement of Tony being a liar and not to be trusted on this, and this alone is more than a little unfair and perhaps a bit silly. If there are other reasons to believe he is dishonest, then fine, but I do not think there are (some may surface in the future, but until they do......). 

It is fair to say he is Naive and has made some bad choices, absolutely. But to question his honesty, no. 

For what it is worth, I do think the Xenophobia comment was unwarranted. The question of his honesty came from what he said, no mention was made of his nationality or background.

Well ta for that, puts it much better than I did. Thought for a moment I would need an extra layer of Bacofoil! Re Xenophobia - yeah fair point, I only threw that out there as often some sly little digs are thrown which on refelection are very much unwarranted and you do wonder if they are a substitute for something else, but if not on this occassion then entirely fair enough. 

Not that it matters one bit but it's very clear to the majority that recon uk was a temporary company set up in order for a foreign investor to purchase the club.

Once purchased it went to the recon group and...im guessing now....i presume recon uk has been wound down or is no longer ?

For a man who runs owns or is responsible for well over 100 companies, a temporary company 'doesn't count'.

The guy has come in, poured cash into the club and set long term plans. Something 99% of us wanted.

Now we have it, it's not enough for some and they continue to be critical almost to the point it's to get a reaction rather than an honest held belief.

He's here, he's given us what we wanted which was investment into the squad and into the club.

Can't please all the people all the time but some need to take a chill pill.

I'm sure learned did something similar? 

• Like 3

On 26/08/2017 at 18:07, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

As has been mentioned prior, Tony Xia is no fool.

He is new to football, but I have no doubt he will be a quick learner.

Some of his twitter comments, mentions about coaching and so on hint to this.

I feel he will soon feel more confident of making informed decisions.

He won't want to hang about here for too long, he has big plans.

Just as long as he's not an old Lerner 

Â