Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I don't see us going up this season and the parachute money will halve next season. I think we are going to be absolutely ****, we will certainly be in the red next season unless we flog half of the squad. 

I'm happy to volunteer to flog Richards............;)

• Like 2

On 01/09/2017 at 11:17, KHV said:

Close to the red line is quite a scary comment. If we are close now then how **** will we be next summer when we are still in the championship? The revenue drop next season is huge. Next season could be even worse than the end of Lerner's tenure

I've been quietly saying this for quite some time, the consequences of not going up this season will be severe. I think that is why we've brought people in on loans and one year deals.

There are a lot of players out on contract next summer, there will be a exodus and if we are still in this league we will be scrabbling around to fill the squad.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I've been quietly saying this for quite some time, the consequences of not going up this season will be severe. I think that is why we've brought people in on loans and one year deals.

There are a lot of players out on contract next summer, there will be a exodus and if we are still in this league we will be scrabbling around to fill the squad.

unbelievable that this is all unfolding before our very eyes.

even more so that our "problems" are of such a mass and severe.

I wonder if DrT is actually registering what is happening.

The seemingly endless comedy of errors just goes on and on.

Wyness & Round appointment

RDM appointment

Bruce appointment

from then on in it seems one mistake follows another

Gaby lifeline

McC frozen out

Gollini out/in SJ

Not buying backup for Kodjia

Constantly playing Hutton till he gets an automatic extention

The constant lineup changes

playing players out of their natural poditions

the shit football

the boards not reactive attitude

Selling Baker

Buying Elmo to replace our best "goal assister" -> buying Snodgrass to take Elmo's place

3@theback after 2 good wins

Its all just a mass of errors one after the other. Mistakes that many on here see and predicted before they happen.

Unbelievable Jeff!

Tony - wake up before its too late.

no promotion means we lose Chester, Kodjia, maybe Taylor, Lansbury, Hourihane, Adomah and Hogan. SJ & Onomah loans end. Terry's deal too. Jedi & Whelan a year older (and slower)

We'll have a team of

Steer

Bree RDL Jedi ?

Whelan

Elmo O'hare ? Green

Davis

Gaby & Richards as back up.

Relegated teams coming down with ridiculous funds

Last year of "old level" parachute payments.

.........and an owner dumbfounded, down and maybe even out.

We are doomed when we dont go up

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4841524/Is-Chinese-football-ownership-bubble-burst.html

Is the Chinese bubble about to burst in European football? New state regulations will impact on investment and political pressure could see some owners sell up

• China's state council has played restrictions on investment in overseas sport 
  • That is after Chinese companies invested in at least 20 clubs across Europe 
  • Sportsmail understands one owner is actively looking to sell up 
  • Political pressure could play a part, as businessman fall in line with government

The Chinese revolution in European football has hit a speedbump as the country's government clamps down on money leaving the mainland, with one club owner ready to sell up as political pressure intensifies.

At least 20 sides across Europe have seen investment from China in the two years since president Xi Jinping announced a push for the national team to become a global football superpower.

However, Chinese authorities have now taken action to reduce the amount of cash leaving the country, in an effort to limit 'irrational' spending on projects abroad, curb the depreciation of the Yuan and guard against money laundering.

Those new regulations, in addition to increased scrutiny from financial authorities, look set to have a knock-on effect in the Premier League, EFL and further afield.

And Sportsmail understands one owner is actively engaged in offloading their shares.

Earlier this month, China's state council formally placed sports clubs on a widening list of industries in which investment is restricted overseas - alongside property, film, hotels and entertainment - in an effort to limit 'irrational' spending on projects outside the country.

While such investment is not banned, companies interest in acquiring a slice of Europe's football pie face significantly more substantial checks and balances from state regulators than before.

The complexities of the situation were highlighted by the recent purchase of an 80 per cent controlling stake in Southampton by Jisheng Gao and his daughter Nelly in August.

With the Gaos unable to use the finances of their company, Lander, to facilitate the move they had to stump up the £210million asking price from the family coffers.

But it is not only the logistical issues caused by the new regulations which could dampen the enthusiasm of Chinese businessmen when it comes to European football. The politics of the situation are also leaving investors fidgety.

In June, the China Banking Regulatory Commission became the latest administrative body to open an investigation into some of the most active investment groups.

Dalian Wanda, Fosun International and Suning, all of which hold stakes in major European clubs, have seen their purchases in a variety of sectors examined.

In particular, state authorities are interested in whether high-interest products and overseas loans were used to facilitate deals.

The situation is fragile and tense, with investors not wanting to be seen to be acting against the wishes of the state.

In an effort to show his company's willingness to fall in line with government policy, the chairman of Fosun, who bought Championship outfit Wolves for £45m last year, issued a public statement in which he supported the state council's new restrictions.

In a letter posted on Fosun's WeChat account, billionaire Guo Guangchang wrote: 'The recent scrutiny on overseas investments and financial irregularities are necessary, timely and can eradicate a lot of irrational investments.

'If we don't take some measures, foreigners will takes us as "dumb people with a lot of money".'

Wolves are one of six English clubs to have secured Chinese money over the past two years. Five have come from private companies or individuals.

Aston Villa are now owned by Dr Tony Xia, Guochuan Lai acquired West Brom for almost £200m in 2016, Paul Suen controls Birmingham City through the Virgin Islands-registered Trillion Trophy Asia and the Gaos hold 80 per cent of Southampton.

Only one group - the consortium of China Media Capital and CITIC Capital which hold a 13 per cent stake in Manchester City - are state-backed.

Now the Chinese government is taking a stronger stance. And it could herald another shift in the landscape of European club ownership just two years after the last.

It's all a bit shit really.

5 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

In the grand scheme of things, it's good for football. 

PSG/Qatar Pimpslaps that statement.

You might be right, but why did it have to be when WE could have an upper hand?

We can never catch a break ffs.

It will definitely have affected Tony, and us massively.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

PSG/Qatar Pimpslaps that statement.

You might be right, but why did it have to be when WE could have an upper hand?

We can never catch a break ffs.

It will definitely have affected Tony, and us massively.

Like when Lerner came in and we became competitive, then City had their megabucks takeover not long after and we couldn't keep up.

• Like 2

I think it could be a sign of sanity and actually quite good if there were restrictions to crazy spending. I buy the image of Dr Tony as a smart professional businessman who owns the club as a part of a marketing strategy for his multinational company. If the restrictions (that I obviously don't know anything about) would hamper more unserious people who fund their investments with questionable loans or even money laundering then it should be something positive for the serious people like Tony and for clubs like ours. For example, the rumors surrounding Wolves gives the image of more shady owners and owning structures, and it would be good if such owning and spending was prevented. In any case, I guess that Recon has quite much assets and business outside China, so even with restrictions in Chine, the outside-China part of the company would still be able to throw money over the club if that was desired.

In the long run a club should be self sustainable and not dependent on a owner who pumps in his own money. I think state owning like in the case of Man C and PSG is crazy and detrimental for football. So I wouldn't have any big problems if new chinese regulations would restrict the amount of money Tony or Recon can pump into the club. That would make it even more important to run the club with a long term thinking, for example not throw out excessive contracts to has-been players, but to invest more in the academy and let the younger players play a bigger part. It would probably also be good if the amount of money circulating in football would be reduced, lower wages and lower ticet prices and preventing random teenagers from becoming economically independent when signing their first contract.

So, all in all, trying to see the positives, I don't think we will be doomed by this :-) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

In line with my post above, perhaps it would be a clean slate and an opportunity to build up the club from scratch? Even if it would mean a couple of more seasons in the Championship, perhaps something good could come out of it? 

8 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

In line with my post above, perhaps it would be a clean slate and an opportunity to build up the club from scratch? Even if it would mean a couple of more seasons in the Championship, perhaps something good could come out of it? 

If you spend enough time in the Championship you become just another mid table Championship club. 

Your best chance of going up is doing it right after going down. 

4 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

With the new huge parachute payments it would be more than a couple of years I feel and we'd see our good kids picked off by the richer clubs - in future I see those coming down having such a huge financial advantage that they should bounce straight back up in the main . 

Leeds went down the start from scratch route and 10 yrs later they are still in the championship losing their best players to the premiership 

Will be interesting to see what the Championship do next, there has been a lot of petitioning by owners to lift FFP and as the third most watched league in Europe it's a matter of time before they rebrand as Premier League 2. As for parachute payments, they are a huge advantage as it stands, so long as the club actually want to spend the money, Sunderland for example. A third season in the championship will not be good news, but I would love to see a Villa team built around the yoof and we need to get the likes of o'Hare signed up now, we can flog Kodjia to bridge the gap next season, Gabby and Hutton off the wage book too.  

34 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Will be interesting to see what the Championship do next, there has been a lot of petitioning by owners to lift FFP and as the third most watched league in Europe it's a matter of time before they rebrand as Premier League 2. As for parachute payments, they are a huge advantage as it stands, so long as the club actually want to spend the money, Sunderland for example. A third season in the championship will not be good news, but I would love to see a Villa team built around the yoof and we need to get the likes of o'Hare signed up now, we can flog Kodjia to bridge the gap next season, Gabby and Hutton off the wage book too.  

The yoofs might want to move on, as Leeds yoofs do, but I know what you are saying. A clean slate might be great, but I am apprehensive about staying in the Championship for many seasons.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dick said:

Like when Lerner came in and we became competitive, then City had their megabucks takeover not long after and we couldn't keep up.

It wasn't so much Man City that did for Lerner. It was the financial crash and his divorce. 

I don't think people realised how much money he 'lost' around that time. That's where it went wrong imo. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wazzap24 said:

It wasn't so much Man City that did for Lerner. It was the financial crash and his divorce. 

I don't think people realised how much money he 'lost' around that time. That's where it went wrong imo. 

I think it is a number of things, including both above.

Can't compete

Bad decisions

Poor judgement

Divorce

Market crash

Then a repeat of 2 and 3 consistently.

Â