Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

4 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Ok, but does this instantly mean that every owner is dodgy? There is just no evidence to say that Tony is anything other than what he says. I mean, what are anyone's suspicions BASED on? 

It was a response to your point about the FA knowing about his money.  They know bugger all, and seem to have little curiosity.

He may be exactly what he claims, and his intentions may be exactly as he says.  However, the proven fact of him having lied about the involvement of an asset-stripper hated by fans in the early days of his involvement makes me very wary, and it should also give you pause for fhought.  Why did he involve this person?  Why did he lie about it?  Very odd behaviour.

7 minutes ago, peterms said:

I However, the proven fact of him having lied about the involvement of an asset-stripper hated by fans in the early days of his involvement makes me very wary, and it should also give you pause for fhought.  Why did he involve this person?  Why did he lie about it?  Very odd behaviour.

What lie? Is this asset stripper still asset stripping, did he ever asset strip? 

10 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Or some of us could have a little knowledge of football, a sprinkling of common sense and the uncanny ability to see shite in the future based on past and current evidence.

Nah, we aint that cool headed. We're an emotional mess. 

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

Fair point - I don't know the subtelties of getting around FFP, I am sure it has been tightened though. Would love to think Tony would splurge if we go up, but I can't know. I suppose I'm thinking about what Wyness said lately about competing at Everton levels of transactions if we go up. 

TBH neither do I anymore, I'm expecting him to bring in partners from china, just like Liverpools official Tibetan water partner 

thats why they're holding back until we go up, negotiations will open higher, if he's going to do it himself or through recon then the league we're in shouldn't matter, he could it now

1 minute ago, peterms said:

Already discussed at length on this site.  Sorry, I'm not going to research it for you.

No, you can't throw mud and then slope off into the shadows. I was discussing much of this at the time and there is absolutely nothing in the argument - unless of course you wish to offer it now? 

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

TBH neither do I anymore, I'm expecting him to bring in partners from china, just like Liverpools official Tibetan water partner 

thats why they're holding back until we go up, negotiations will open higher, if he's going to do it himself or through recon then the league we're in shouldn't matter, he could it now

I don't think he is a charlatan, and I think the one thing he has said all along is that owning Villa is simply a part of his portfolio, success in football equals massive exposure for any brand he wishes to associate. I even like his ideas for getting some decent Chinese players involved, it is the biggest untapped market in the world and if we can start to do good in the prem then I'm totallly open to having some decent chinese players, if they are good enough then we should buy them. What I like most is that picture of him before he bought us, sat in the stands (well executive box fair enough) wearing a villa top, taking pics of the game with his phone, surrounded by men in suits who were all looking disinterested. The guy has passion, he definitely has money, and he has fallen for Villa because of our brilliant fans in that game against NUFC - I just hope he doesn't take too much offence from the most vocal and vitriolic who occupy the online space.  

10 minutes ago, Jareth said:

No, you can't throw mud and then slope off into the shadows. I was discussing much of this at the time and there is absolutely nothing in the argument - unless of course you wish to offer it now? 

Samuelson, Hitchens.  Check it out.  It was all discussed at length.  I'm not going to recreate the thread if you can't be arsed to check it.

Just now, peterms said:

Samuelson, Hitchens.  Check it out.  It was all discussed at length.  I'm not going to recreate the thread if you can't be arsed to check it.

You don't need to, and I don't need to check out your entirely unfounded smears. You can throw mud all you want but you could not possibly make it stick - and as for Samuelson - where is he now exactly? What did he do wrong with Reading exactly? He may be unpopular but there was nothing underhand about offering a club financial support secured against parachute payments - the problem Reading had was their board. Has Tony installed Samuelson as all powerful chairman? Or let him go once his financier services were no longer needed? Mate, your argument is thick. But please put up some facts and evidence and prove me wrong.

16 minutes ago, Jareth said:

You don't need to, and I don't need to check out your entirely unfounded smears. You can throw mud all you want but you could not possibly make it stick - and as for Samuelson - where is he now exactly? What did he do wrong with Reading exactly? He may be unpopular but there was nothing underhand about offering a club financial support secured against parachute payments - the problem Reading had was their board. Has Tony installed Samuelson as all powerful chairman? Or let him go once his financier services were no longer needed? Mate, your argument is thick. But please put up some facts and evidence and prove me wrong.

You miss the point.  Xia claimed there was no relationship with Samuelson.  That was proven to be untrue when records of company dictatorships were unearthed.  Probably company ownership is a more secret, more discreet affair in China, and you might never know who is involved.  Here, we get to see the records.

Xia claimed fhere was no relationship between the club and samuelson.   That was untrue, as companies house records prove.  Why make a false claim like that?  Presumably because you fhink you won't be found out.  But what was the point of the lie to begin with?

My concern is fhat Xia lied.  Why?  And does that make me likely to believe anything else he says?  Well no, not reallly.

By the way, this is not "throwing mud", simply establishing facts.

5 minutes ago, peterms said:

You miss the point.  Xia claimed there was no relationship with Samuelson.  That was proven to be untrue when records of company dictatorships were unearthed.  Probably company ownership is a more secret, more discreet affair in China, and you might never know who is involved.  Here, we get to see the records.

Xia claimed fhere was no relationship between the club and samuelson.   That was untrue, as companies house records prove.  Why make a false claim like that?  Presumably because you fhink you won't be found out.  But what was the point of the lie to begin with?

My concern is fhat Xia lied.  Why?  And does that make me likely to believe anything else he says?  Well no, not reallly.

Huh, I might be missing something, but wasn't it "proved" that his involvement was simply to establish the company documentation in the UK, as is done with many businesses in the UK as a registrar then the piss off?

I certainly do remember this conversation.

Wyness said in his interview on villa talk that xia has bought the club for life not just for a few years - I'm impressed with him so far but then I was impressed with Randy after his first couple of years - let's hope xia doesn't lose interest like Randy did .

8 hours ago, peterms said:

Oh god, Xia has not lied about a single thing. And as for the dramatic unearthing of company documents from this shady Chinese network, you realise anyone can go on to companies house and look up directors? Keep believing the conspiracies, life is easier that way.

1 minute ago, TheStagMan said:

And our expectations are all wrong. 

Ah. That depends.

Bruce has said failure has too often been accepted here.

So we shouldn't accept it. Tony shouldn't accept it.

Except when it's his, I think ? 

Confused.

Just now, terrytini said:

Ah. That depends.

Bruce has said failure has too often been accepted here.

So we shouldn't accept it. Tony shouldn't accept it.

Except when it's his, I think ? 

Confused.

Frankly yes, it is all John Terry's fault. We got carried away. 

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Oh god, Xia has not lied about a single thing. And as for the dramatic unearthing of company documents from this shady Chinese network, you realise anyone can go on to companies house and look up directors? Keep believing the conspiracies, life is easier that way.

I don't think you've followed what I said.  I referred to Companies House records showing that Samuelson had been a Recon director, when Xia had said he had never been related to Recon.  Those are facts, aren't they?  Do you accept that?

I don't understand why he would give a false account like that, but it makes me wary of simply accepting things at face value.

• Like 1

Â