Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

7 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

He has pumped in the best part of £100m over 8 months. He has appointed experienced people in the right places and backed his managers to a ridiculous level. 

Turning on Tony Xia is pathetic. 

Totally agree - I feel sorry for him and some of the twitter comments aimed at him are out of order - the biggest mistake for me was the appointment of RDM - he took Bruce on the recommendation of his advisers and cannot be blamed for doing so .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

He has pumped in the best part of £100m over 8 months. He has appointed experienced people in the right places and backed his managers to a ridiculous level. 

Turning on Tony Xia is pathetic. 

Who has turned on him? Just highlighted his failings.

On your point thof. .. How did he ridiculously back rdm? He sacked him after 11 games. He also basically told him before the start of the season if he wasn't in the top 6 early on he'd be gone.

Why is it that pumping 100m into a football club is seen as a guaranteed positive.

The 100m has been spent poorly... and dare I say it'd been a lot less than 100m if he'd wound his neck in with his ridiculous statements about being the best team in Europe within 5 years.

He slates the players.... on twitter. I'm all for holding the players responsible but in the right way. 

So he's appointed experience ppl in the right places? Wow. Hardly rocket science. And they've not even worked out so as it did with Lerner (when he employed failures), the buck stops with Tony.

11 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

Who has turned on him? Just highlighted his failings.

On your point thof. .. How did he ridiculously back rdm? He sacked him after 11 games. He also basically told him before the start of the season if he wasn't in the top 6 early on he'd be gone.

Why is it that pumping 100m into a football club is seen as a guaranteed positive.

The 100m has been spent poorly... and dare I say it'd been a lot less than 100m if he'd wound his neck in with his ridiculous statements about being the best team in Europe within 5 years.

He slates the players.... on twitter. I'm all for holding the players responsible but in the right way. 

So he's appointed experience ppl in the right places? Wow. Hardly rocket science. And they've not even worked out so as it did with Lerner (when he employed failures), the buck stops with Tony.

He backed RDM with a lot of cash. I hadn't heard of any statement that he needed to be in the top 6 early on but surely the point was he hadn't managed to get us into the top 18.

I don't think he's come out and widely slated players, although he had a dig at Gabby, which seems to have worked, attitude wise at least. 

Lerner quite definitely didn't appoint experienced people anywhere and so he's had to start building a proper structure from scratch and quickly. Perhaps it isn't rocket science, but the New York lawyer didn't manage to do it. As are many things we view from the outside, there's more to it than meets the eye.

You can't be suggesting that Keith Wyness isn't experienced. 

Most people accepted that even if Bruce wasn't the dream appointment for them, he was a safe pair of hands. Certainly nobody predicted that we'd see this shocking collapse over the last couple of months.

I'm not saying he hasn't made mistakes, but show me the man who never made a mistake and I'll show you a man that never did anything. I'm sure he would agree with you that the buck stops with him, but short of pulling his boots on he's done all he can up to this point. It's a very steep learning curve, I'm sure he'll learn quickly. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaveAV1 said:

Lerner quite definitely didn't appoint experienced people anywhere and so he's had to start building a proper structure from scratch and quickly. Perhaps it isn't rocket science, but the New York lawyer didn't manage to do it. 

Not meaning to go off topic but Randy actually did (at first) appoint people with football experience in Michael Cunnah and then Richard Fitzgerald but they soon left and we ended up with that Paul Faulkner then things started to turn to shit. 

Edited by thabucks

57 minutes ago, thabucks said:
  2 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

Lerner quite definitely didn't appoint experienced people anywhere and so he's had to start building a proper structure from scratch and quickly. Perhaps it isn't rocket science, but the New York lawyer didn't manage to do it. 

57 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Not meaning to go off topic but Randy actually did (at first) appoint people with football experience in Michael Cunnah and then Richard Fitzgerald but they soon left and we ended up with that Paul Faulkner then things started to turn to shit. 

Randy Lerner quite definitely the worst owner in Aston Villas history

Dr Tony Xia quite possibly the best owner in Aston Villas history

Time will tell but at the moment i believe in what the Dr is doing and saying. I really believe he is the real deal. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

He backed RDM with a lot of cash. I hadn't heard of any statement that he needed to be in the top 6 early on but surely the point was he hadn't managed to get us into the top 18.

I don't think he's come out and widely slated players, although he had a dig at Gabby, which seems to have worked, attitude wise at least. 

Lerner quite definitely didn't appoint experienced people anywhere and so he's had to start building a proper structure from scratch and quickly. Perhaps it isn't rocket science, but the New York lawyer didn't manage to do it. As are many things we view from the outside, there's more to it than meets the eye.

You can't be suggesting that Keith Wyness isn't experienced. 

Most people accepted that even if Bruce wasn't the dream appointment for them, he was a safe pair of hands. Certainly nobody predicted that we'd see this shocking collapse over the last couple of months.

I'm not saying he hasn't made mistakes, but show me the man who never made a mistake and I'll show you a man that never did anything. I'm sure he would agree with you that the buck stops with him, but short of pulling his boots on he's done all he can up to this point. It's a very steep learning curve, I'm sure he'll learn quickly. 

Steve Bruce is steadily working on getting us into the top 18.

Regardless of what has been said publicly I'm sure, and has been from the start that the aim was always to go straight back up.

With the amount of money pumped in and with Di Matteo being sacked so early into the season there is no doubt for me that this was the aim.

Financially it is impossible to keep this going in the Championship, possibly even come next season.. If we don't go up then we are screwed.

Pretty certain all Xia's plans hinges on us becoming a PL club again the season after next at the very latest, and if that doesn't happen...

Really no idea what will happen then.

• Like 1

Tony seems pretty pissed off with the article and feels insulted by it - maybe not the wisest tweet to make in the circumstances - criticism  is part of owning a club and he maybe would be wise to not respond by tweeting .

• Like 1

Â