Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

4 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

We are screwed if that is the case. The parachute payments won't last forever. Have to be looking at additional income from somewhere else. 

I think the plan was for additional income to come from being in the premier league. But the plans gone completely wrong. 

1 hour ago, a m ole said:

On the other hand, he's not shying away from criticism and has answered it head on.

Twitter is his method of communicating with fans without the filter of a journalists interpretation or bias. Now I guess you could argue that he doesn't need to respond at all but I feel he wants to justify why he is and isn't making certain decisions and is keen for fans to understand his perspective.

Having an owner who cares enough to try explain the thought process behind decisions is something we should be thankful for - and I say this as someone who defended Lerner's regime for its silence. Once bitten, twice shy I guess.

I hated the Lerner silence. I like Xia being more open but don't always like the way he does it.

2 hours ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

So the parachute payment doesn't even cover half of the wage bill! :wacko:

Whilst scary from the outside I do wonder if they are looking at different aspects. The playing side wage bill will be the vast majority but if you take in everyone employed by AVFC then the numbers would look a little better. Where The Doc refers to us as "1 firm"  it infers to me he will look at total bills.

25 minutes ago, LancsVillan said:

Whilst scary from the outside I do wonder if they are looking at different aspects. The playing side wage bill will be the vast majority but if you take in everyone employed by AVFC then the numbers would look a little better. Where The Doc refers to us as "1 firm"  it infers to me he will look at total bills.

Not good reading for RDM with the comment about needing a man with guts .

1 hour ago, JNortonAVFC said:

Cheers Norton. Pretty head on response from the Doc, that's the spirit lad! He's no quitter, he'll keep battering away until we get it right and woe betide anyone who doubts his determination! You'll do for me Doc :)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

I think it's a terrible article. Complete conjecture, no facts t quotes. How do they know what the plan was? They say it's a 2 year plan, well we are less than a year into it.

The two year plan has been said many times. RDM said it multiple times. The plan from Tony's mouth is to be the biggest club in the world in 5 years....

• Like 1

I quite like that Xia is active on Twitter (even thou I don't do Twitter myself) and that he keeps us informed on current and future events.

There is however always a risk of turning into a Donald Trump figure if one is too quick to lash out at every perceived bit of critique. Same goes for critiquing players, journalists and former employees.

Not that I thinks he's anywhere close to crossing that line, just that he should be mindful of it if things continue to go sour. Because the level of critique will grow in intensity until we manage to turn a corner.  

3 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I think the plan was for additional income to come from being in the premier league. But the plans gone completely wrong. 

Hmm, that reminds me of a plan we had a while back of rampant spending with the hope we'd eventually be covered by Champions League revenue. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

The two year plan has been said many times. RDM said it multiple times. The plan from Tony's mouth is to be the biggest club in the world in 5 years....

I'm not disputing that (even though Xia has changed the 5 yr plan). There is a year plan to go up, but one we can't say it's failing as we are less than half through and two I've never seen anywhere that we are relying on the parachute payments during those 2 years.

3 minutes ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

Hmm, that reminds me of a plan we had a while back of rampant spending with the hope we'd eventually be covered by Champions League revenue. 

Well yes it does sound familiar. There's nothing wrong with either plan, it's the way you go about fulfilling the plan that's crucial. I'd like to think that the Doc will continue his personal involvement and enthusiasm for considerably longer than it took his predecessor to get a tattoo on his ankle. 

18 hours ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

So the parachute payment doesn't even cover half of the wage bill! :wacko:

Hmm, could be seen as baiting the authorities, which is never wise... Ahoy Football League, if you had any doubts about our financial viability without my money, then f*** you, fine me and see if I care. All very well being confident and powerful, but you can't hope to ignore the rules forever.

Not saying we will be sanctioned, or that we have breached Financial Fair Play yet, but if we have, or are close to doing so, then we could be served a transfer ban and that takes away one of Tony's only fun toys.

The last thing we need to do is buy more players of course, but at some stage we will, so not sure about the braggadocious style in this instance. Why invite a challenge when he already has plenty on his plate? 

19 hours ago, dudevillaisnice said:

We are screwed if that is the case. The parachute payments won't last forever. Have to be looking at additional income from somewhere else. 

Directors loans? Sure there will be loops holes etc, nothing to worry about, rename Villa Park the Recon Villa Park for £5 billion, for five years, why not! Haha. 

Â