Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

14 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

Nothing is improving fast at all. Nothing is even improving. It's getting worse.... at a rapid pace.

We're going nowhere. We will still be in the championship in 2020.

I agree, and we will be financially crippled by that point too

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

Whilst RDM was possibly more of a gamble, I think it's crazily harsh to criticise Xia for "staggering levels of incompetence" when it comes to hiring managers.

Football seems to be a bonkers world where everything happens backwards.  The people who influence results the most, the players, have such an easy ride.  The manager should be blamed for their failings which, in turn, means the owner should be blamed for hiring a manager who the players have failed.

I haven't criticised him. 

I don't think many people view it that simplistic. There's been plenty of players fans have wanted rid of or given stick to because they weren't good enough. Likewise with managers. And when ultimately the overall running of the team is horrendous, the owner rightly gets the blame. 

8 minutes ago, sne said:

Soon to be the proud owner of a League 1 club unless he addresses the managerial situation asap.

Is there a sinister plan to drop us to the lowest division, close up shop and make US the actual Football History theme park they have thought about?

"Here once lay, a fantastic Football Club".

3 minutes ago, Kingman said:

I hope the poor bloke had wage cut clauses implemented in to the players contracts for Division 3.

I doubt it. He had massive delusions of grandeur when he arrived and spouted load's of bollocks. He also had his little rant at Holloway too which looks more embarrassing by the minute. 

We are looking like a car crash of Leeds United proportions

• Like 1

I feel sorry for him, the people advising him on managers have badly let him down. He has certainly put his money where his mouth is in terms of player acquisition but has again been absolutely mugged in this department. Not one single player we have signed this season has been worth the combination of transfer fees and wages given to them. 

We need a smart, tactical and resourceful manager to come in and we should very, very rarely be paying > £10m for a player again, especially if they already play in the Championship.

• Like 4

Well, it seems that Tony's plans for 'Disneyland Aston' will have to be put on the back burner. By the time we are the "biggest club in the world" the Great Wall of China will have disintergrated into something even Hadrian wouldn't be proud of.

I think he may have to reign in his ambitions as we could be heading for a massive slide.

Edited by One For The Road

On 20/02/2017 at 15:47, Wezbid said:

GK has been a stumbling area but I'm not in the camp of thinking Johnstone is a complete liability, he wouldn't have been given a new deal at Utd if he was truly awful.

I don't think United always make the right decisions, just because they gave him a new deal doesn't mean anything. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sne said:

So Southampton also going Chinese now getting bought by CITIC Securities.

Getting harder and harder for Xia to make us the #1 team in China, should we ever get promoted.

I knew this would happen, we always screw up our chances. Hemce why I said it's like us being close to champions league and signing Harewood, then Man City getting taken over, all over again.

This was the year we needed to go up.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 4

56 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I knew this would happen, we always screw up our chances. Hemce why I said it's like us being close to champions league and signing Harewood, then Man City getting taken over, all over again.

This was the year we needed to go up.

Conversely, we could have been better run for the previous ten years and never be in this situation but that's been mentioned and discussed once or twice on here I think.

• Like 3

Â