Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

Great to see the passion he has for the club. Let's hope he maintains it and like the rest of us it will be a life long love affair.

Also great to see Ian Taylor and Brian Little in that video celebrating the goals.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 4

I like the Chinese girls behind Taylor celebrating.  Don't know who they are but they are well into it going nuts. 

Great to see Sir Ian Taylor close to Xia.  I am sure he will hear a lot of home truths from him. A yes man Tayls is not. 

Sorry for sounding inept, but where can I find the details for winning a seat in his box?

I understand it would be a 'local' competition, but I have 6 weeks leave coming up, and it would be awesome if Tony flew me half a planet over to watch Villa with him.

Not going to happen, but still, it would be awesome.

• Like 1

Just read the interview with Steve Round thread. Think that shows how good an owner Xia could be. He has brought someone in with expertise and then has backed this persons ideas without interfering 

Edited by mikeyp102

On 11/18/2016 at 11:18, sne said:

Premier League agrees major deal for Chinese TV rights

We really need to get back to the PL asap for Xia to be able to fulfill his plans for us.

If we do things might actually get pretty exiting.

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-38020900

Interesting read.

Don't think this deal has been completed, but if it goes through, it may damage the popularity of Premier League in China (in terms of TV/internet broadcasting) as PPTV runs a very badly-received pay-to-watch type of membership. Hopefully CCTV (which is like BBC in UK) still gets 1 game per match day so it is basically free to watch.

Interestingly, PPTV is owned by Suning (as pointed out in the article), who has spent billions of euros recently in football (including completing the ownership transfer of Inter Milan). Suning has a real ambition in European football due to need of market extension. There was rumour that Suning will also come to English football - but that may not happen in near future.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

To me logically if you were going to buy an English football club you'd do it before you did a tv deal that would raise the value of that club

Looks a bit brilliant doesn't it? Maybe why he swooped in right as we got relegated. No doubt business men of his magnitude have inside info of trends/dealings in china!

18 minutes ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

In some ways, no, but whilst this was a nice touch, so was our relationship with Acorns. 

It was yep. 

I guess it's the personal touch that he's referencing. Randy was a recluse, which is his choice of course. 

Tony is, to my mind, unlike any other owner I know of in football when it comes to interaction with the supporter base. I think it's wonderful.

• Like 4

Â