Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

29 minutes ago, Richard said:

Needs to shut up about "unprofessional" players.

Yep he can think it but should not broadcast it.  Think he is only saying what a lot of the fans think.  Needs to join Villatalk and have a proper moan incognito!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

No communication from chairman - boooooo

Sensible transparency - shut up!

LOL

Firstly is it the same people doing both? secondly whether or not describing his employees as unprofessional is sensible or not is basically a matter of opinion,  not fact.

• Like 3

I think Tony took it a bit too far calling them unprofessional. But as we've seen with his tweets, he doesn't always nail the nuances of English...he may not have meant it to come across like it did. But that's why his Twitter feed is a bit of a high wire act. 

10 minutes ago, KSV said:

His comments are justified. Bruce said worst. 'so called talents' 'pathetic'. For too long we've had owners who are silent and managers who protect players. Where has that gotten us?

Agreed - no more soft managers and kid gloves - Bruce and xia call it as it is !

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, KSV said:

His comments are justified. Bruce said worst. 'so called talents' 'pathetic'. For too long we've had owners who are silent and managers who protect players. Where has that gotten us?

Agreed, no pussyfooting around with them like they are emotional kids, they are highly paid bloody professionals and should be expected to be able to do the basics at least!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Agreed, no pussyfooting around with them like they are emotional kids, they are highly paid bloody professionals and should be expected to be able to do the basics at least!

How does that fit with you ( admiral) staunch defence of Gabby then? He was unable to do the basics due to his own choice of lifestyle yet you defend him to the hilt which I admire but don't  agree in the slightest mind you but this is for another thread. 

Go on DR X keep telling them like it is and all is hard working fans feel! 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, thabucks said:

How does that fit with you ( admiral) staunch defence of Gabby then? He was unable to do the basics due to his own choice of lifestyle yet you defend him to the hilt which I admire but don't  agree in the slightest mind you but this is for another thread. 

Go on DR X keep telling them like it is and all is hard working fans feel! 

It fits because most of you have a vendetta against him for things away from the pitch, I have never claimed Gabby is some tremendous footballer, or would come back blasting, I more allude to the extreme OTT obsession with the past. Everybody was shit, but I am not surprised Gabby is the most natural scapegoat for the usual suspects.

When he is shit, I will say he is shit, yesterday EVERYONE was shit, and he didn't get any service etc etc. I just stayed away from the topic altogether as the comments were predictable.

If people paid more attention to actual match threads and my comments on other players/strikers they would realise I am not just "Gabbys alter ego" on VT. lol

• Like 4

17 hours ago, KSV said:

Think the difference is the manager manages the team so it is legitimate for him to make such comments. Xia owns the club so him trying to manage the team as well is potentially disruptive, particularly if his comments don't quite fit with the manager's, which has seemed to be the case once or twice.

Xia can titillate his Twitter fan base by offering stuff like a seat in his box, free shirts for endearing kids, etc. Wish he would stick to that and not try to intervene in team affairs.

Edited by briny_ear
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, DK82 said:

He has done really well as owner so far. Only one major decision wrong, a lot of good done and a lot of very good too.

Fingers crossed he doesn't hit a 'Randy point' where it's easier to give up than go on. 

That could happen, but it would run counter to exactly what he's tweeting about right now. He doesn't seem the type to give up when things are hard. Maybe it's a personal pride thing or just a philosophy he's always had which has seen him get to where he is today.

Naturally he's also a businessman at the end of the day and sometimes you just have to cut and run, but I just don't see him doing that anytime soon.

26 minutes ago, Stockport_Villain said:

After watching the game I would suggest Ayew who just coasted through the game.

Nah for "someone" read it as "anyone who would". There was more than one no show, as per Bruce's comments post match, I really do not think he's singling any one player out here.

He's probably watching it for the first time because he didn't get to watch it live, no way on earth anyone would put themselves through that for a 2nd time!

Â