Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

1 hour ago, Enda said:

Hi briny_ear,

To cheer you up, I ordered a copy of Dr Xia's dissertation.

It's a sexy little number called An Object-Oriented Approach To Integrated Dynamic Geographical Decision Support System. To explain what the dissertation is about, the abstract states that the "major goal of the thesis is to use the object-oriented approach to build an integrated dynamic geographical decision support system." Err, thanks.

He dedicates it to his "parents and family, for their endless support and encouragement that enabled me to pursue my dreams" and to his wife Cong Liu, "for her tireless and selfless efforts on behalf for her love and warmth." Bless.

Here's a picture:

xia_phd.PNG

(As you can see, he's also not very good at typesetting the copyright symbol.)

Hope this clears it up,

Prof. Enda, Ph.D.

I hope it's better than my O Level history project about The Dreadnought battleship where I spent about 1 hour at the central library copying verbatim the scraps of information from the first 4 books I could find containing any information whatsoever which gained me a spanking great F

22 hours ago, Phumfeinz said:

Well don't tease us like that, post the other 174 pages.

I had to pay for the dissertation so I imagine VillaTalk would not be too happy with me posting a link to it, but I've sent you a PM.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

That is an incredible bit of work. I wonder if the dissertation will help me build a birdbox tomorrow morning.

It will if you build it in an object-oriented manner, with an integrated and dynamic approach.

2 hours ago, TheStagMan said:

It will if you build it in an object-oriented manner, with an integrated and dynamic approach.

It will be green and upstanding, I hope that is dynamic enough. Where's Dr Tony when you need him?

I hope Dr Tony watches the game on Sunday. I remember his reaction in the stand when we beat Rotherham. Great moment.

On 10/28/2016 at 16:17, Tommo_b said:

Amazing Enda! I don't know if I'm impressed you found it and bought it or not, I think I am, but I just, I dunno! 

How much does that insightful read cost? 

I found easily enough through Proquest because it wasn't all that long ago that I had the option to submit my dissertation to them.

Sad I know, but I doled out $38 to get the document. Consider it a donation to VT!

• Like 1

Â