Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

Oh my lord,  just how different from Lerner can one man be?  Can you imagine Randy making a film like that? He's certainly not afraid to put himself forward. You can see his English is still not top draw yet so it takes some balls to go out of your way and be interviewed and filmed a lot.  He must have huge self confidence. 

I am really starting to believe he is the real deal now in terms of his resources.  He keeps talking to the council and talking about investing in Birmingham.  If he was a fraud he would surely keep quite about that. The issue is that China is so opaque compared to The West we expect anyone seriously wealthy to have a ton of info in the Public Domain. 

If he really has carried out all of the enormous developments in China he is credited with he could do something really special here. 

Exciting times. 

I love the way there is continual communication with more bits and bob's leaking out all the time. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 3

On ‎01‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 22:54, villarocker said:

If Dr Tony's reign forever stays this way, wow, a better owner we could not wish for. 

He's been great so far but if you went back to December 2006 most of us were saying the same things about Randy....e.g. free coaches to Chelsea cup tie, inviting Ron Saunders back to VP and signing Carew and Young were all things he did first 6 months of his ownership.

Let's see what Dr Tony is like if a popular manager walks out at a strange time like MON did or we have some frustrating seasons. This sort of stuff meant Lerner lost interest....I don't think Tony Xia will be like that as he has plans off the pitch aswell but still interested what his temperament will be if we miss out on promotion this season,

• Like 3

1 hour ago, blandy said:

Villa fans don’t think he’s crazy. “On a scale of one to Cellino, you’re about a four, Tony,” one supporter reassured him. Xia’s club travel to Massimo Cellino’s Leeds United today. 

I would put him more as 6 than 4. He is delightfully slightly bonkers.

Edited by sidcow

“I foresee modern football changing very quickly. The club that is top now won’t stay there for many years if they don’t push to fit into the changes that are happening. Football will be dramatically changed by the implementation of more data technology, internet, communication technology, and one day, maybe also, bio-science, bio-technology. Even a club like Man United now, if you don’t start to make a lot of changes will very soon be left behind.”

Just what Villa need. A visionary. We've been stuck in the past for too long as others overtake us. Actually, if I remember, weren't we the first club to utilise a formation in a match, some 100 years ago? We used to be the go-gettters, the ones with vision - but we sat back and looked back far too often. Hopefully Xia is the man to look to the future.

Really good interview and I hope he is true to his word. Actions will certainly speak louder than words over the next five years. Fingers crossed.

• Like 2

Do you think Alex Ferguson,  Messi or Maradona ever said, 'you know what, I'll be happy being average'? 

I don't don't so. Yes it does  sound bonckers but without that vision and determination it'll never happen. 

As long as we improve I'm happy and Xia has at the very least breathed a bit of life into the Villa for now. 

• Like 1

"Maybe we will build some tourism destination to demonstrate the history of Villa as the first club to [help] found the [Football] League"

Sounds good! I have been arguing that this would be a great tourist attraction for Birmingham for ages. (Although I don't see why they needed to insert the word 'help' really, it was Villa that found the league)

• Like 1

Â