Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

I'm absolutely positive that if Bruce can win a few more games between now and Xmas, Xia will back him to the hilt in January. The signs are looking good. 

2 hours ago, av1 said:

I'm absolutely positive that if Bruce can win a few more games between now and Xmas, Xia will back him to the hilt in January. The signs are looking good. 

''Xia looks at his pocket, having a mixed feeling now.... ''

Edited by Deisler123

18 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Yup - I could even just avoid the result (not hard these days) then watch the whole game later.

I often do that with Sky games, stick it on record if I'm busy then sit down to watch it later on. Just remember to turn any notifications off, nothing worse when you get a text and then happen to see that the other team scored in the 80 something minute! 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, carewjust4u said:

Anyone see this? In response to a request for full matches to be show on AVTV

I love the bloke. No sense in my hiding it any more. Many of us have been asking for this for SO long and finally to have the owner of all people recognise why it is important just makes me swoon. Very happy :) Hopefully the AVTV crew dont find a way to convince him its "not possible" or "must wait a season".

When you have people going to games and actually live streaming them from their phones direct to the internet I am not sure what the legalities or cost implications are to the club of broadcasting in a similar fashion

2 hours ago, Richard said:

When you have people going to games and actually live streaming them from their phones direct to the internet I am not sure what the legalities or cost implications are to the club of broadcasting in a similar fashion

The two things are worlds apart.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, pas5898 said:

It also discourages people from actually going to the game (apologies to our oversees / long distance fans). 

I'd suggest those who'd "rather watch a replay than go to the footy" would be the same people that wouldn't go anyway if a replay wasn't available.

Surely the atmosphere/experience trumps a "not-live" replay. I'd give anything to be in the stadium at Villa Park in person!

• Like 1

Newcastle recently live streamed the Tuesday night away game at Barnsley in to the bar at the ground, had a decent turnout for it too I think, the 2 clubs came to an agreement and did it, think they filmed it themselves 

the revolution is coming...if we sell 5,500 tickets to Preston away and can't get more out of them despite there being a demand then is streaming it somewhere for us really meaning that it's impacting people from going? Time for something close to the black out rule in the NFL, if we can sell a certain % of our tickets (home or away) then the club can stream the game

dont kid yourself with the outdated argument of attendances, it'll be to do with money, it's the club trying to do something that will benefit them rather than the people who make billions from owning and not showing the footage from our games 

• Like 3

The idea that showing replays 24 hours after the game would impact attendance seems a stretch. It doesnt seem to have harmed Chelsea or Man City, or Fulham for that matter.

It is a hugely positive thing for the club & fans. Lets hope it happens very quickly!

Should trial it and open up the lower holte to 4/5k and have it on the pitch screens with access to the holte suite before/during/after the game. 

Would make a small fortune from selling booze, breakfasts and baltis :cheers:

Edited by Kingman

7 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Should trial it and open up the lower holte to 4/5k and have it on the pitch screens with access to the holte suite before/during/after the game. 

Would make a small fortune from selling booze, breakfasts and baltis :cheers:

"Booze, Breakfast and Balti".

I think that's my favourite alliteration in the history of the world. 

The people who are going to games are probably likely to continue going to games regardless of if the matches are streamed online. It's a fantastic opportunity for those of us who don't live close enough to Villa Park and I would certainly be willing to pay for a subscription service if it meant I got to see our home games.

Edited by Phumfeinz
  • Like 1

Â