Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

6 hours ago, villakram said:

I have one, and so does pretty everyone I work with and none of us would be anywhere near as pathetically pretentious as to go around calling ourselves "Dr.". The only people I know with PhD who call themselves Dr. in their everyday lives are those of the medical variety and those who have a desperate desire to self-promote.

I had 3 teachers at my school who called themselves Dr

youre looking for something to criticise him for, there's nothing there...I don't think anyone anywhere thinks that he's working at brum hospital in the day and running villa at the weekend 

plus then it's all part of the international man of mystery element about him which is why our Chinese overlords put him in charge as their puppet ;) 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

I Have to be a bit modest now

I have my Bachelor

4 Degree's

more than 1 Doctor

and a Proffessor.

My Bachelor is in Singularity Science

The 4 Degree's I have are on my Putter.

My many Doctors all have worse handicaps than I do.

And my Proffessor did a great job on my OP relieving me of all my pains & discomforts

What?

• Like 3

15 hours ago, peterms said:

There's an interesting Chinese website about falsely claimed academic qualifications, and amazingly, Doctor Tony makes an appearance there.  A misunderstanding, I'm sure.

You really are desperate to find something dodgy about him, aren't you?  What will it take for you to accept that he's not an asset-stripping supervillain planning the destruction of our club and western civilisation as we know it?

15 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Should be fairly easy to verify if it's accurate, if you're really that suspicious.

http://www.harvard.edu/about-harvard/frequently-asked-questions/faq-verify-degree

Actually not so easy!!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2016/05/23/questions-linger-over-new-chinese-owner-of-aston-villa/

The Telegraph has obtained a document from Fang Zhouzi, who runs a website exposing false titles in China, which appears to show that a company chaired by Dr Xia had applied for special status from a Chinese province by claiming he was a professor at Harvard between 2001-2.

The document, which could not be independently verified by The Telegraph, also shows he claims to have obtained a Masters and a Phd at the prestigious university between 1996-2001.

The Telegraph contacted Harvard to ask for the release of Dr Xia’s record, but was told that he had put a block on access to it.

9 minutes ago, rubberman said:

You really are desperate to find something dodgy about him, aren't you?  What will it take for you to accept that he's not an asset-stripping supervillain planning the destruction of our club and western civilisation as we know it?

Not sure that your post is either fair or an accurate extrapolation of what Peterns posted

4 hours ago, Deisler123 said:

Villakram, i think you are right in the sense of in British culture, people do not call themselves Dr. even if they have doctorate degree and work as a faculty in university.

However this is very 'British'. In America (where Tony got his PhD from), PhD graduate will normally have a Dr. title in front of their names. Even Assistant Professor (equivalent to Lecturer in Britain) will be called Prof. X, rather than Mr. X or Dr. X. 

'those who have a desperate desire to self-promote' is simply not true, and it is due to culture difference. 

Some of us need to understand the edge of the universe is not Dover

• Like 2

4 hours ago, briny_ear said:

They cleared it all up in a later expose, the investigative journalist did his job. Though it's been that long I could not give enough of one to do the leg work for you. 

It's a really weird thing to give the tiniest shit about, frankly. It's what he does with my football club that I care about and only that, unless he's offing people on the sly?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

They cleared it all up in a later expose, the investigative journalist did his job. Though it's been that long I could not give enough of one to do the leg work for you. 

It's a really weird thing to give the tiniest shit about, frankly. It's what he does with my football club that I care about and only that, unless he's offing people on the sly?

I was merely responding to the claim that it is "easy" to verify Dr Tony Xia's qualifications. If you don't care, you don't have to join the conversation.

I know enough Docturates & Professors that havent got a clue about the realities of their fields, they are products of the learned word.

However, I know many a good who "live" what they do and spend their time delivering as oposed to lecturing/revealing a theory,

In other words

if Tony Xia has a Doctor/Prof title it wont make Hutton any less shite than he is. But if Sir/Dr/Prof or whatever he titles himself as, puts pen to paper on a cheque to sign the modern day Cafu. Then the Shiteness of Hutton that doesnt even make the bench will never again rear its useless head.

So why would anyone want to argue over Tony Deserved/Faked Dr title?

Can we not argue over who he spends the millions on?

Surely thats of more use & fun to us.

(And being Frank, I'll call you Shirley as often as I want)

Edited by Grasshopper

Â