Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

On 14/10/2016 at 18:33, peterms said:

The article is a little less certain about that:

It seems to be hinting he is the front man for others.

I have often suspected this, with but with no foundation, just gut feel.

but i am more inclined to see it as a plus as opposed to a minus.

I believe he has access to funds beyond our wildest dreams and will only be realised when we go up....that is the obstacle currently.

I am no expert on the financial side of things, but I do recognise the East work different to the West.

That alone can create cynicism.....but surely, its the end result that matters.

We have our ways and they have theirs.I am not about to claim the moral high ground as the west have their fair share of dubious dealing.....not intimating Dr Tone is, by the way.

• Like 1

On 15/10/2016 at 10:42, Demitri_C said:

It's not really important is it? Look how much money that oaf Lerner had and towards the end his venture he put oeanuts in and got bored.

xia seems from a different mould fingers crossed. I suspect he has more than thAt article suggests though

Its a mould that has " Commitment" stamped on it.

3 minutes ago, villakram said:

Still, Tony, cop on and stop with the "Dr.".

What a silly thing to say.

If I'd worked my ass off for a PhD, I'd have the letters I'd earned.

EDIT: Damn you @Davkaus

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

He has a phd, in urban planning I think.

Wow, I have a masters degree in Spatial and Urban Planning. Maybe me and the Doc can be best friends with our spatial planning and urban design interests.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Wow, I have a masters degree in Spatial and Urban Planning. Maybe me and the Doc can be best friends with our spatial planning and urban design interests.

Damnit, I only have a Bachelors in AstroPhysics. I guess I can't be in the in crowd then :-( 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, villakram said:

ah... seems it's "design" from Harvard per the article from the page back regarding the hollywood studio investments. Still, Tony, cop on and stop with the "Dr.".

There's an interesting Chinese website about falsely claimed academic qualifications, and amazingly, Doctor Tony makes an appearance there.  A misunderstanding, I'm sure.

I Have to be a bit modest now

I have my Bachelor

4 Degree's

more than 1 Doctor

and a Proffessor.

My Bachelor is in Singularity Science

The 4 Degree's I have are on my Putter.

My many Doctors all have worse handicaps than I do.

And my Proffessor did a great job on my OP relieving me of all my pains & discomforts

3 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

What a silly thing to say.

If I'd worked my ass off for a PhD, I'd have the letters I'd earned.

EDIT: Damn you @Davkaus

I have one, and so does pretty everyone I work with and none of us would be anywhere near as pathetically pretentious as to go around calling ourselves "Dr.". The only people I know with PhD who call themselves Dr. in their everyday lives are those of the medical variety and those who have a desperate desire to self-promote.

Just now, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Cultural differences perhaps? Have you considered that as a possibility?

It's just what he's known as now, to me. I don't even think about it. It's just his name, who gives a ****. 

errr... me :P

Â