Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

On 10/12/2016 at 16:47, Davkaus said:

I'm going to piss myself if it's not Bruce.

On 10/12/2016 at 16:47, Davkaus said:

I'm going to piss myself if it's not Bruce.

you can take you incontinence pants off now:)

Not sure if its been posted yet or not.. but a great article on our owner.

http://www.scmp.com/business/companies/article/2028176/aston-villa-owner-tony-xia-sets-his-sights-hollywood-studio

Having taken the football world by storm this year by purchasing former English and European champions Aston Villa, Tony Xia Jiantong now has his sights set on Hollywood.

The Chinese businessman says he is buying stakes in three major movie companies but promises this won’t distract him from his main goal: to restore Villa to their former glory by taking them back to the Premier League within two years.

And he’s not done building his football empire either. He said he plans to buy more soccer clubs, in France, Spain, the US, India and Australia.

Xia said his move to acquire Villa and return them to top-flight football after they were relegated last season was backed by a comprehensive business plan.

Another part of that business plan is to diversify his investment portfolio.

• Like 2

Pfffft.

Aston Villa owner Dr Tony Xia insists he ‘does not care’ where he ranks on the list of richest people in China.

The Recon Group leader was recently ranked 890 on the list of richest people in his homeland with a personal fortune of around £550 million.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-owner-dr-tony-12027537

890th?  Dr Tony out.

4 hours ago, KSV said:

Not sure if its been posted yet or not.. but a great article on our owner.

http://www.scmp.com/business/companies/article/2028176/aston-villa-owner-tony-xia-sets-his-sights-hollywood-studio

Yeah really enjoyed reading that. I think it is fair to say Tony has absolute ton of money - get us back to the prem and watch us spend, very exciting. Just gotta get promoted course. 

13 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I think it is fair to say Tony has absolute ton of money

The article is a little less certain about that:

In October 2014, he took control of an A-share listed company and later changed its name to Lotus Health Industry Holding Group.

It’s Xia’s only publicly traded company with a market value of around 5.8 billion yuan. It reported a loss of 508 million yuan in 2015, while trading at minus 500 times its earnings in Shanghai.

Lotus Health Group hit the headlines last December when it named Xi Yinping, a cousin of President Xi Jinping, as an independent director. The nomination by the board was dropped one day later, after it sparked heated online debate and pushed the company’s Shanghai-listed shares up by their 10 per cent limit.

Recon Group, the flagship company under Xia and a controlling platform for his other assets, remains private. Its financial data is closely guarded.

Teamax, another core asset under his name, which mainly develops “smart city” projects including software development and hardware procurement, was sold to a Shenzhen-listed shampoo producer called Soffto last January. The reverse takeover deal gave Teamax an exceptionally high valuation of 4.1 billion yuan, more than 28 times its net asset value.

His powerful but opaque cash position and mysterious sources of wealth have often made Xia the subject of rumour and speculation.

“I know some people, yes, but I do not do business with them. I do not represent them, either,” Xia said.

It seems to be hinting he is the front man for others.

So 4 West Midlands clubs will be owned by Chinese owners. This has surely got government involvement and is part of some larger plan for the whole region. I'm more than happy for all West Midlands clubs to thrive and compete with each other (yes even SHA). So sick of it being all about Manchester, Liverpool or London. 

• Like 1

I've always thought Xia's wealth was business wealth more than anything. Every time I hear the kind of money he has it is talk of Recon has companies to the value of 50 billion (whatever it was). Yet with all this news of buying stakes in movie companies and that talk a few months back of buying a logistics company for $3.5 billion it's clear he has cash, it doesn't really matter if he's spending Recon's money cause he owns Recon.. 

If he's only (only lol!) worth £550m then how come he put £400m in an account to prove he had money to the FA? He's not going to put the majority of his personal wealth in one asset and one account, besides I think it's fairly obvious that RECON own us, and it's the business' money that will be spent on us. Keep the money flowing T Dawg. 

• Like 1

It's not really important is it? Look how much money that oaf Lerner had and towards the end his venture he put oeanuts in and got bored.

xia seems from a different mould fingers crossed. I suspect he has more than thAt article suggests though

• Like 1

You know when you've got a problem with your car and you buy a couple of the bits most likely broken and fit them and it hasn't sorted it, thats annoying. So you then buy a few other parts and try it, still broken. You end up saying sod it, you buy a complete new engine from a reputable seller... you can't believe it. It still doesn't work.

This is where I see Villa currently.

Next most people get so fed up they end up flogging what's left for scrap and move on writing it off as a bad loss.

Dr T doesn't strike me as a quitter but I wonder when the 'sell it for parts' would come with him? This time next year if no better?

On 15 October 2016 at 10:47, Vive_La_Villa said:

Sorry I'm a bit late to this particular discussion but where has there been Chinese propaganda? What did I miss?

Banter about trains is Chinese propaganda apparently.

Sorry I posted before highlighting the "didn't even talk to SB" element of his tweet. It just gives fuel to conspiracy rumours around Dr X interfering in team matters. 

I agree with him though. Gollini has vast potential and shouldn't be sidelined after a few mistakes 

Â