Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

A few "negative nancies" in this thread have been concerned with Xia on Twitter and how the media might portray him. I can't really say that I share that concern, I can't really say I care much what he tweets or what the media do with it, but I'll damn well fan the flames ;)

http://www.beinsports.com/us/english-championship/news/aston-villa-owner-proclaims-well-be-the-top-c/314310

Chairman Tony Xia has offered a bizarre promise to make Aston Villa the best-supported club in the world within the next five years.

When asked where he saw Villa - who were relegated from the Premier League in May - in five years' time, he responded: "The top club in Europe with the highest number of fans all over the world" - in just one of a handful of peculiar statements.

Having been asked if he would consider introducing a 'safe standing' zone at Villa Park, similar to a scheme being piloted by Celtic in the Scottish Premiership, he seemed to forget that his side were no longer in the top flight.

• Like 2

I obviously take the best supported club I'm the world stuff with a pinch of salt but at the same time if in the artcile it read "because China and India have over a quarter of the worlds population and are a relatively untapped gold mine" then it doesn't sound so daft...fortunately the man that matters sees it whilst the journalist doesn't 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, LancsVillan said:

Last night's result proves once more how football for fans is much different these days. Results like that have happened for years but these days fans want instant success, continued success and then more. 

Too many think it is like Football Manager / FIFA games where changing players is done with a simple keystroke. That players are making these mistakes on purpose.

A lot say they will support through thick and thin and then become keyboard warriors the instant a bump in the road is hit.

Someone said we as Villa fans were fickle, he wasn't wrong.

There should be a dislike button. Haven't read such rubbish in a long time. 

Is instant success something like 0 wins in 6 months? Or is it something like top 5 team in the world within 5 years?

The stuff about football manager is so patronising and pathetic that there's no reason to be addressed. I assume it should be easy to show us posts of these too many people?

A bump on the road? No words. Truly.

Fickle? Damn right. I'm fickle and you're a better fan than me and the 'too many' you've addressed. Congrats. 

Edited by BG_Villa_Fan
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, Chewie said:

A few "negative nancies" in this thread have been concerned with Xia on Twitter and how the media might portray him. I can't really say that I share that concern, I can't really say I care much what he tweets or what the media do with it, but I'll damn well fan the flames ;)

http://www.beinsports.com/us/english-championship/news/aston-villa-owner-proclaims-well-be-the-top-c/314310

Dont bet against us.

i'd be lying if i said this isn't becoming somewhat of a concern. this is developing into the biggest story of the season so far, and add to that the bennett thing, this new ownership situation has potential to get really **** up. it's already a little embarrassing for the club, imo.

Edited by maqroll

I think he'll settle down a bit once the transfer windows shuts and we hopefully start winning a few games although i imagine he'll pop back up when we inevitably lose a few of the 173 local derby we play games this season as he will be getting no end of abuse from other teams fans

i want to share the same enthusiasm. i haven't written him off in any way, i just think it has the potential to get totally out of control, and become an unwanted burden on the players and manager.

• Like 3

Â