Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

Just now, DK82 said:

I'm guessing you'd be proposing after a week of dating and trying for kids too then? Or do you wait and see how the relationship turns out, meet her parents, go on holiday, buy a house, propose and then have kids?

I'd go with the flow.  

15 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

It's like getting a new girlfriend and saying "sorry love, you have to earn my trust over the next 3-5 years". 

I get it, your last girl turned into a right slapper after 5 years. It's just not for me, I like looking forward not back.  

It is exactly like that, and whilst I agree with your way around, there are many many people who do indeed say the other person needs to prove themselves, especially if they have been done over by someone previous, so I can see both sides.

1 minute ago, terrytini said:

It is exactly like that, and whilst I agree with your way around, there are many many people who do indeed say the other person needs to prove themselves, especially if they have been done over by someone previous, so I can see both sides.

Sure, I get that. And @DK82 can think and say whatever he wants as far as I am concerned :) 

• Like 1

Just now, terrytini said:

If you don't trust at some point you will always have a shit and short relationship though.....just saying

• Like 2

Just now, DCJonah said:

What about players? We've been let down by so many so does james Chester not get any trust? We all doubt him till he proves otherwise. What about RDM? 

Seems for some it just goes for the owner. Why is that? 

Give it a break. I'm not going to talk about it any more because I've said what I had to say.

47 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

If you don't trust at some point you will always have a shit and short relationship though.....just saying

36 minutes ago, MellbergsBeard said:

That's deep man

That's what she said.

• Like 4

21 hours ago, briny_ear said:

I suppose the fault line is whether you are or aren't bothered about the club becoming a laughing stock.

There are plenty at the club in front of him in those stakes

• Like 1

One of the many things this club has lacked for quite some time is personality. The managers have been dull and uninteresting, there have been no players of note  who can be looked up to and we've played a particularly poor brand of losing football.

Like what Tony is saying or not - he is certainly a personality and the club will certainly inherit that.

It's interesting to see him confessing it's already more difficult than expected.And also very honest, which is something at times it became quite easy to question. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Pilchard said:

One of the many things this club has lacked for quite some time is personality. The managers have been dull and uninteresting, there have been no players of note  who can be looked up to and we've played a particularly poor brand of losing football.

Like what Tony is saying or not - he is certainly a personality and the club will certainly inherit that.

It's interesting to see him confessing it's already more difficult than expected.And also very honest, which is something at times it became quite easy to question. 

I kinda disagree albeit understand what you are saying....I think TS had personality.

Tony certainly has.........its his train set lets see what he does with it.

1 minute ago, TRO said:

I kinda disagree albeit understand what you are saying....I think TS had personality.

Tony certainly has.........its his train set lets see what he does with it.

Ha - yes - I'd forgotten about Tim - he was here for such a short amount of time it was easy to do so :) I think with Tim you saw the good and bad side of a strong personality at the club. The good - he managed to get positivity around the place quickly enough to keep us up. The bad - his upset at losing managed to play a big part in the morale of players falling to an all time low.

I genuinely believe that we won't fall short with Tony as our chairman, He is passionate, has the funds and has a no nonsense approach.

I loved how he reacted after the Luton game, he reacted like a villa fan, there was no messing about he said those players are not worth giving another chance. I am pretty certain that he will stick to that as well. The gap between the club & supporters are narrowing and he has played a big role in that already.

BTW 

I would love for us to return to the striped claret and blue kit once we arrive back to the PL, it would signal a new but traditional Aston Villa.

Edited by Reivax_Villa

Â