Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

1 minute ago, AVTuco said:

Not all about the result?

Better ;)

Though it is mostly about the results for me, at this stage. I've gone beyond caring about the performance as long as we win. Performances will come from increased confidence, confidence we need to earn. Soon. 

• Like 1

Just now, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Better ;)

Though it is mostly about the results for me, at this stage. I've gone beyond caring about the performance as long as we win. Performances will come from increased confidence, confidence we need to earn. Soon. 

Good ;)

Mentals, confidence.... wish we could buy them.

6 hours ago, One For The Road said:

Why? Net spend is very important. Especially when we don't have too many more players that anyone would want to buy. We need a hell of a ttransfer window if we are going to improve.

Surely information on net spend only works if you know how much we have spent in total though? For example we paid £12m for McCormack but was it just 12? Did we pay his agent anything? What about a signing on fee? For all we know we actually spent £15m all in, therefore us chatting about a £12m net spend is a complete waste of time really because none of us actually know how much we've spent 

• Like 1

i can see both sides of the debate. i like the openness and enthusiasm he shows, but it's not without it's own set of potential perils. time will tell the tale, we might as well enjoy the ride

• Like 1

Can't we have a happy medium between lucan-esque appearances by Lerner, constant old boy self congratulatory talking from Ellis, and digital diarrhoea from Xia? A chairman should keep quiet unless it is some big news at the club, and not be missing when the shit hits the fan.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

We haven't won a game since February, to be fair. In this particular instance you can forgive people for being downbeat. 

I am. Watching last night was mentally exhausting and to be honest I'm not sure how much more I can take, I'm worn out. I don't 'moan' as much as some might, maybe because I build this mental wall around the misery of it all otherwise it might seep it's way into my outside life.   

I'm hopeful they will turn it around of course, this won't go on forever, but for 5 years now I've been wondering 'when'? I'm well up for a new dawn and I don't expect instant success at all, I'd just like to win a sodding competitive game of football at this stage. 

I'll be there Saturday by the way, giving them my fervent support as ever. I won't be taking my keyboard*

*I might send a tweet or two!

You put it brilliantly, watching this team is mentally draining. It's an absolute killer. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

You put it brilliantly, watching this team is mentally draining. It's an absolute killer. 

As long as we try not to turn on each other, and no I don't count a bit of back and forth on a message board as "turning", we will get through it. I'm seeing plenty of positive progress off the pitch but on it, ugh. I'm struggling big time!

Tony on the Technical Director -

• Like 1

I honestly believe if a playboy model was to give out no strings attached hand relief to fans of all 92 clubs, Villa would be up there in moaning about it stakes. I could genuinely see comments of "who does she think she is tossing us off, she should stop yanking and tell Tony Xia to buy some players" incredible really. (Disclaimer not aimed at anyone in particular here, just a comment about the fan base on general across all forms of social media) 

• Like 3

Â