Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

Just now, terrytini said:

Well, whilst I will keep my eyes and ears open, and question things, I always like the rule me old Dad had.  Trust each person in their own right until you have some reason not to.  It doesn't mean you have to follow them blindly, but as a minimum remain neutral until given reason not to, always worked for me.  And as we learnt with RL, things change anyway.

Or you could follow my first bosses variation, "use everybody and trust none of the B------s"

Good advice :)

I completely agree and I wasn't looking to debate his integrity. I love the guy so far. It was a just a passing comment. 

9 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Too right mate.  Never mind Carson Yeung, what about Randolph Lerner ?

Lets face it, if anyone wants long term security and to know everything will be fine tomorrow it'd be better to follow Phil Taylor in the darts.

So for me, while I would prefer him not to tweet - because I think the fans will make t== of themselves with their questions and because I think it will backfire - might as well enjoy it, (the twittering, I don't mean just accepting everything) after all, despite what we have all come to believe these last few years we are following AV for fun, at the end of the day.

6 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

One thing I do know about his business interests is that he's the owner of Aston Villa Football Club. That's good enough for my support unless or until there's proof of him not acting in our best interests.

I'm not sure that is good enough. It doesn't prove he is the right man for us.

17 minutes ago, DK82 said:

Ian (??) 

So it wasn't a journalist who told him. I'm not even going to attempt to go through that. I've said before, I don't trust things as they are - Xia and his team have to win me over. I'm not reacting as I did for Lerner because I was badly wrong and badly burnt by that idiot.

Why don't you trust them?

Just because Lerner was a clearing in the woods doesn't mean you should lack trust in others. You sound like someone who was cheated on so they've decided all women are bitches. 

Just now, DCJonah said:

Why don't you trust them?

Just because Lerner was a clearing in the woods doesn't mean you should lack trust in others. You sound like someone who was cheated on so they've decided all women are bitches. 

Because he hasn't proven anything yet.

And because you will be very pedantic, I know he hasn't proven EITHER way yet. I'm not at all sure what the issue is with me waiting to see. I'll give him trust when he proves himself. Baffles me that this is such a contentious subject.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DK82 said:

And because you will be very pedantic, I know he hasn't proven EITHER way yet. I'm not at all sure what the issue is with me waiting to see. I'll give him trust when he proves himself. Baffles me that this is such a contentious subject.

Baffles me that he has to prove it before you have faith in him. 

I wanted someone to come in and buy the club. This man did. It would be daft for me to turn round and say thanks for doing exactly what I wanted but I don't trust you and have no faith in you till you prove it. 

I'm the other way round. He did what I wanted so until he proves other wise he has my trust.

I assure you it's good enough for me. If it's not for you then your view is duly noted. And is just as valid as mine.

I understand peoples reticense especially after the false dawn that was Lerner.

8 minutes ago, DK82 said:

I'm not sure that is good enough. It doesn't prove he is the right man for us.

However after the shit this club has put us all through over the last few years I'll be damned if I'm not going to surf the wave of optimism while it's on offer.

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Baffles me that he has to prove it before you have faith in him. 

I wanted someone to come in and buy the club. This man did. It would be daft for me to turn round and say thanks for doing exactly what I wanted but I don't trust you and have no faith in you till you prove it. 

I'm the other way round. He did what I wanted so until he proves other wise he has my trust.

Because it is up to him to prove it. It's up to him to show longevity, commitment and the ability to get us up where we belong. It's absolutely not up to me to grant him trust on the basis that he is the new chairman and nothing else.

2 minutes ago, DK82 said:

What does "when he prove himself" mean?  Not criticizing, just interested to know what he has to actually do to win your trust. 

2 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

What does "when he prove himself" mean?  Not criticizing, just interested to know what he has to actually do to win your trust. 

Let's see where we are in one year, two years, three years and five.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

I assure you it's good enough for me. If it's not for you then your view is duly noted. And is just as valid as mine.

I understand peoples reticense especially after the false dawn that was Lerner.

However after the shit this club has put us all through over the last few years I'll be damned if I'm not going to surf the wave of optimism while it's on offer.

I'm not denying you an opinion, I am sharing mine.

Just now, VILLAMARV said:

never said you were and also clearly stated I feel your opinion is as valid as mine. Lighten up a bit. Not everyones out to get you.

I'm fine, and actually I have been very positive on here. Others on here seen to have a huge issue with my thoughts on Xia. 

Just now, dont_do_it_doug. said:

It's like getting a new girlfriend and saying "sorry love, you have to earn my trust over the next 3-5 years". 

I get it, your last girl turned into a right slapper after 5 years. It's just not for me, I like looking forward not back.  

I'm guessing you'd be proposing after a week of dating and trying for kids too then? Or do you wait and see how the relationship turns out, meet her parents, go on holiday, buy a house, propose and then have kids?

Â