Promotion 2016/7

Jareth

37 minutes ago, Richard said:

Too early to predict pending the takeover?

Well what can we predict?

The takeover is not yet complete and will not be for a few days yet. - yes we can predict that

We have no manager in place and the squad needs a complete change - yes we can also predict this

The league campaign starts in 10 weeks and whatever squad we have needs preparing including friendly games and coaching from a coaching set up we also do not have - yes that can be predicted too.

So given what we can predict which is uncertainty until a takeover is complete ,  and to be honest a degree of uncertainty after that as well,  I think it is fair to say that we will not land running at the start of the season and will be playing catchup and actually precisely because we do not know the squad make up or ownership or managerial team that means there are far too many uncertainties for us to expect a promotion push next season.  Just too many things have to come together quickly and be positive for that to happen. Tick tock

Well seeing as at present there's no players at BMH that need coaching I don't see it being a problem. We have about 4 weeks until the players  return and I guarantee we will have a new owner and manager in place by then. With our current squad and a decent manager we will be pushing for minimum playoffs. The Championship is full of crap teams. Sheffield Wed aren't a good side yet got to the Playoff Final. Blues were pushing for playoffs until late in the season. There isn't too many things to come together. It's just we need the first one to happen to start the domino effect. We will be pushing for promotion it's just a case of how high up we finish up. Top 6 is easily achievable but the next few weeks will determine if we can go for automatic. 

15 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

Well seeing as at present there's no players at BMH that need coaching I don't see it being a problem. We have about 4 weeks until the players  return and I guarantee we will have a new owner and manager in place by then. With our current squad and a decent manager we will be pushing for minimum playoffs. The Championship is full of crap teams

But we are crap aswell :ph34r:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Richard said:

Too early to predict pending the takeover?

Well what can we predict?

The takeover is not yet complete and will not be for a few days yet. - yes we can predict that

We have no manager in place and the squad needs a complete change - yes we can also predict this

The league campaign starts in 10 weeks and whatever squad we have needs preparing including friendly games and coaching from a coaching set up we also do not have - yes that can be predicted too.

So given what we can predict which is uncertainty until a takeover is complete ,  and to be honest a degree of uncertainty after that as well,  I think it is fair to say that we will not land running at the start of the season and will be playing catchup and actually precisely because we do not know the squad make up or ownership or managerial team that means there are far too many uncertainties for us to expect a promotion push next season.  Just too many things have to come together quickly and be positive for that to happen. Tick tock

TBH rich its the same with most clubs in regards to squads. not many have made moves or shaped their squads. Ideally it should have been done now but, it wont dampen our preparations as long as its concluded this week or worse case early next week. Euros thankfully would be a distraction (we or no other championship club) will be getting any top players from these tournaments anyway as we are small fry while we are down here just like the other championship clubs.

I think Hollis also mentioned that preparations were in place for new season with friendlies as new manager had a number of options to choose from. My only concern is has RDM been made aware of how poor this squad is?

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

My only concern is has RDM been made aware of how poor this squad is?

I think that is pretty obvious from the league table and the stats in terms of goals scored, goals conceded, chances created, etc.  If he hasn't been able to work out that then he is in the wrong job.  We scored exactly 50% of the number of points of the second worst team in the division - that should be a BIG clue that the squad is probably not very good (heavy on the sarcasm).

Also didn't Adrian Bevington spend two months at the club assessing the playing, coaching staff and helping advice on managerial candidates?  You would hope that he would have pulled together a pretty decent dosier with an assessment of each and every member of the First Team Squad, U21s, U18s, etc.  I just hope that it is an honest and genuine assessment.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

Fatalistic. We will get promotion next season. If you halved our club we'd still be the biggest in that league.

And if you doubled our points from last season we would still have finished bottom. We have much work to do to get even close to the top half never mind anything else.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, allani said:

I think that is pretty obvious from the league table and the stats in terms of goals scored, goals conceded, chances created, etc.  If he hasn't been able to work out that then he is in the wrong job.  We scored exactly 50% of the number of points of the second worst team in the division - that should be a BIG clue that the squad is probably not very good (heavy on the sarcasm).

Also didn't Adrian Bevington spend two months at the club assessing the playing, coaching staff and helping advice on managerial candidates?  You would hope that he would have pulled together a pretty decent dosier with an assessment of each and every member of the First Team Squad, U21s, U18s, etc.  I just hope that it is an honest and genuine assessment.

I hope the dossier on Gabby is just a takeaway pizza menu with a cut out image of him smoking his shisa stuck to the front. 

• Like 2

its obvious to the whole world that the first team representing this club is shit, so bad infact that its not even mathematically possible for the club to get promoted first time round, too many players need purchasing and too many of the first teamers need to leave, who, are too for anybody to want and are on far too much money that no other club would match.

i predict the third attempt :-)

1 hour ago, AndyBM said:

so bad infact that its not even mathematically possible for the club to get promoted first time round, too many players need purchasing and too many of the first teamers need to leave, who, are too for anybody to want and are on far too much money that no other club would match.

You realise Mathematics uses actual Fact right?

• Like 2

That moment when you go onto Skysports or Newsnow and click Premier League and realise were no longer there and have been moved to the Championship section....

PROMOTION PLEASE

• Like 1

Not sure if it's been mentioned anywhere else but apparently there's a link floating around Twitter claiming to have the fixtures for all 72 teams for next season. I'm not going to link it here in case it's against the forum rules

7 minutes ago, AstonMartyn88 said:

Not sure if it's been mentioned anywhere else but apparently there's a link floating around Twitter claiming to have the fixtures for all 72 teams for next season. I'm not going to link it here in case it's against the forum rules

well if that's the true fixture list, August is going to be a tough month imo 

Only when we sign some characters.....will i then know, we can achieve promotion.

in my view without them, we have no chance.

Edited by TRO

9 minutes ago, TRO said:

Only when we sign some characters.....will i then know, we can achieve promotion.

in my view without them, we have no chance.

Just remember what Mr Wolf said

frabz-Just-because-you-are-a-character-d

• Like 1

Promotion?

Very very difficult indeed.

IMHO

Must Outs from last seasons Squad

Guzan

Bacuna

Richards

Lescott

Richardson (contract expired)

N'Zog (contract expired)

Sinclair

Gaby

leaving us with

GK Bunn/Steer

RB Hutton/Lynden

CBR Okore

CBL Clark

LB Amavi (when fit)

DM Gana/Sanchez

MF Westwood/Vertout

AM Grealish/Gil

ST Ayew/Gestede

Add loanees

Baker

Bennet

Gardner

proven Ch players but none from a promoted side

plus unproven Youth players.

IF we can keep/want to stay and give their all

Okore

Gana

Vertoute

Ayew

that squad isnt good enough for top 2 - Top 6 if we are lucky

So we need at least

GK CB LB RW LW ST

All must click and play a minimum of 32-36 games

30mill minimum

Keep the good

rid the crap/Bad eggs (if not exile them from 1st team squad)

a 46 game season plus 2 cups

difficult to say the least

Â