Promotion 2016/7

Jareth

because he thinks he is a lot better than he plays and talks about going teams like Spurs when he had a shocking season with Newcastle mainly because he doesnt care. Guy has talent but has a stinking attitude

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

because he thinks he is a lot better than he plays and talks about going teams like Spurs when he had a shocking season with Newcastle mainly because he doesnt care. Guy has talent but has a stinking attitude

I still don't understand why he is "deluded"?

What you quoted literally explains why Zatman thinks that someone who "believes something that is not true" would be deluded.  Whether you agree or not with his opinion, he has explained it perfectly reasonably.

14 minutes ago, BOF said:

What you quoted literally explains why Zatman thinks that someone who "believes something that is not true" would be deluded.  Whether you agree or not with his opinion, he has explained it perfectly reasonably.

"He thinks he is a lot better than he plays...shocking season because he doesn't care... guy has talent but a stinking attitude".

I don't understand where the delusion is?

Edit:  I probably should've just taken it as "I don't like this player".  Apologies.

Edited by bobzy

9 minutes ago, bobzy said:

"He thinks he is a lot better than he plays...shocking season because he doesn't care... guy has talent but a stinking attitude".

Edit:  I probably should've just taken it as "I don't like this player".  Apologies.

14 minutes ago, bobzy said:

The first bit you quoted is delusion.  Thinking that you are better than you are is delusion.  See Niklas Bendtner as a better example :)

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, BOF said:

The first bit you quoted is delusion.  Thinking that you are better than you are is delusion.  See Niklas Bendtner as a better example :)

I guess I'm failing to see how/why Moussa Sissoko is deluded.  Has he done/said something a la Bacuna?

“I want to leave," Sissoko said. "I want to continue my career in England, at a club that plays in the Champions League, because I think the English league is the championship that best fits my style of play.

• Like 3

This might help:

delusion
dɪˈl(j)uːʒ(ə)n/
noun

an idiosyncratic belief or impression maintained despite being contradicted by reality or rational argument, typically as a symptom of mental disorder.

I think what Zatman explained and Folski quoted demonstrates that pretty well. Struggling to see what you're not understanding.

Edited by Stevo985

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

I guess I'm failing to see how/why Moussa Sissoko is deluded.  Has he done/said something a la Bacuna?

...because he puts in one performance a year and then talks about how he wants to play at the highest level.

FWIW I think he could have been a cracking player. Not now though. Set in his ways. 

9 hours ago, bobzy said:

Newcastle are the shortest odds to win the Championship that a side has ever been.

han-solo-odds.gif

I dunno, everyone seemed to think that Newcastle did well with transfers last summer, and strengthened well enough in January, but they still got relegated. In fact they couldn't even beat us!

I see they terminated Coloccini's contract, though, so they've got their long-term trouble-maker out the door at last. Hope we follow suit with Agbonlahor soon. The difference there is that Coloccini wanted to go back to Argentina, I don't think Gabby wants to go anywhere.

As a datapoint, I agree that Cissokho is "deluded," in that he has been trying to engineer a move away to a team like Spurs or Arsenal pretty much since he arrived at Newcastle, despite never having more than a handful of good games in a row. I think he has an over-inflated sense of his own ability and worth.

8 hours ago, terrytini said:

And who has bet on them to create those odds ?  The entire population of Newcastle.

Means nothing.

Newcastle will wilt in the glare of the sun from the good Doctors derrier refracting through his spectacles.

This bold bit made me lol, excellent descriptive writing.

Edited by alreadyexists

Moussa Sissoko is a talented player, he couldn't have gained over 40 caps for France if it was otherwise.

I think his problem is in that he has been asked to play central midfield, where he appears to be a little less at ease, rather than right midfield, where he is less restricted.

3 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Remember when we were trying to get Sissoko, but got Sylla instead? Good times.

More like a feverish dream, possibly the same feeling as dying. 

4 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Remember when we were trying to get Sissoko, but got Sylla instead? Good times.

Couldn't afford him. Just one of many players like that in that time period including Bony, Chadli and various other pretty decent European players.

• Like 1

Â