Promotion 2016/7

Jareth

6 new players in our first eleven, optimism around VP cos of Tony, the crowd are really gonna play a part this season. I reckon the stadium and crowd will blow any new recruit away. They will love playing there.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Nice to look at the fixture list and think, we can win that.

Aston Villa win? Hard to remember what that feels like.

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

True- but it is less depressing that we don't have to lose twice to Man United next season.

What you talking about, they are going to knock us out the league and fa cups!!

Ten million for them, if they spend it wise they can improve their team. Whenever I've seen Redmond, he hasn't looked that great to me, I'm surprised Southampton have bought him.

• Like 3

On 09/06/2016 at 11:14, Richard said:

Like although we will be doing very well to sell Richardson for anything considering his contract is up

My mate asked what I would get if I sold my house.   I said about 20 years if the council found out! 

• Like 1

If we can dump this ill fated and inappropriate (for us) primma donna outlook and adopt a more Iceland approach to games.....We have a good chance of making an impact.

I'm with a few other posters who say its too much of a tall order in the first season, due to the amount of remedial work.

To change our outlook and culture change will be a tough task and a gradual one.....just hope RDM embraces it.

On 10/06/2016 at 13:39, Demitri_C said:

How depressing we have been moved to the championship section on the sky sports website, reality kicks in!

There were a few days there where we had been removed from the Soccerway android app's Premier League section and not yet been put into the Championship section.  We ceased to exist.  I couldn't pick my favourites!

Talk going around that Robin Li, is going to buy Wolves and appoint Julen Lopetegui as first team manager. If Li does come in, and spends big, then that will be another competitive team we're up against next year.

We're currently not a team that can be considered for promotion, it is purely our name that makes us one of the favourites. It's still early, but Dr Xia has not followed any of his talk with action - Elphick is solid but fully within the realms of a Lerner type signing, especially considering we lost N'Zogbia and Richardson wages.

Newcastle have strengthened significantly and quickly, but we're still in the pondering stage. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it won't happen but AS IT STANDS we would still struggle to make the playoffs. I hope after RDMs initial assessments have been completed, and the distraction of Euro2016 (although I doubt many players we could sign will be playing) that things step up a gear and we can return to this thread with a much better idea of where we are in the Championship pecking order.

But if things haven't changed much in a month then I highly doubt promotion is on the cards.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, useless said:

Talk going around that Robin Li, is going to buy Wolves and appoint Julen Lopetegui as first team manager. If Li does come in, and spends big, then that will be another competitive team we're up against next year.

Our luck never disappoints does it? We go down in a year when huge money has kicked into the Premiership, into a lower league which will probably be the strongest it has ever been. Typical **** Villa!

That's what I was thinking, getting relegated with Newcastle was bad enough. But I've no idea how true these rumours are. Guillem Balagué has tweeted that  Lopetegui will be appointed pending the Chinese takeover. That it's going to be Li, buying them is guess work at the moment I think. But if someone's bringing in Lopetegui then they must have resources.

Â