The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

31 minutes ago, Neil said:

With all the talk of pushing in the local countries, it will be interesting to see what affect it will actually have and if it will get us a load of extra overseas supporters.  I took this photo just earlier today in Bangkok airport, couldn't see another kit around (though I was in a hurry).  Can't say I've seen many Leicester fans around on my travels but they're obviously trying to push it with the Thai owner connection.

when i went to hangzhou in china they had a 53k seater stadium for the local team, the national team played there every now and then...arsenal club shop just outside it

that stadium was built in 2000, last year they **** it off and built a bigger one... football team building a brand new 53k stadium and replacing it 15 years later with a 80k seater stadium, madness

12 minutes ago, Deisler123 said:

Hey guys, just noticed AVFC has its only TV Channel (or more like a video platform?).

Has this TV channel had any documentaries about the history of Villa (I mean the whole history- ups and downs, rather than just the highlights), the legends in the club history etc...

PS: there seems to one on youtube that BBC made in 1989. Any latest ones?

Just posted a link for you in AVTV thread......

2 hours ago, Gary Thomas said:

This was the 1971-72 season. The opening of this clip starts "Huge crowds followed them around the country - club and fans were reunited in a common passion that swept them on to promotion."  Hope history repeats itself!  Some great shots of the Holte from around 2mins.  Incredible.

Naz and I are probably in that crowd somewhere.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, nazvfc said:

My bad well I'm am nearing my 60's so it's fading. Swore we had decent crowds in 87 ! Still we got huge ones in 71-72 and when we came up from div2 but thanks buddy I stand corrected. 

I remember it well as it was 86/87 was the first time I started going every week. The year we went down and the year after were bleak in terms of crowds. Early 70s were before my time buy I am aware we averaged over 30000 I  division 3 which is some going

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Naz and I are probably in that crowd somewhere.

Yeah Mike in the holte end like sardines. Great times. Onc big family. We turned up in 68 with paint brushes and paint as we had no money and thousands of us painting and cleaning the stands. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, JayDeePee said:

agreed, as horrible as it is, they are not going to be needed to work at games that are expected to drum up our lowest average attendance in history throughout next season

Lowest average attendance in history. Not even close.  I remember looking around an empty stadium v Southampton on 1 February 1986 and being aghast seeing the attendance in the sports Argus..... 8,456.  Our average attendance that year was15,218. .  If we finish bottom of the league next season with 5 points I would bet my house our average attendance will be more than 15,218 

• Like 1

For some reason for a while now I've been thinking that Comolli might still be happening. Even though it was denied/played down at the time of the takeover announcement. I think Dr Xia has a plan to implement as soon as the takeover is confirmed and it's no coincidence he has mentioned the scouting network. His link just seems a strange one if he had no involvement at all. 

I've been staring at that changing room pic trying to make out if the number 10 shirt could be Comolli. If it's not him I wouldn't be surprised if it is for someone who will be a director of football or in a similar role.

5 minutes ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

For some reason for a while now I've been thinking that Comolli might still be happening. Even though it was denied/played down at the time of the takeover announcement. I think Dr Xia has a plan to implement as soon as the takeover is confirmed and it's no coincidence he has mentioned the scouting network. His link just seems a strange one if he had no involvement at all. 

I've been staring at that changing room pic trying to make out if the number 10 shirt could be Comolli. If it's not him I wouldn't be surprised if it is for someone who will be a director of football or in a similar role.

I agree. Tony Xia is the anti-Lerner. He is a management mastermind and while he says he won't interfere I get the feeling he will be 'supporting' RDM as best he can, and that probably includes a DOF to provide the players. Gonna be a very European model, but not sure yet what our style will be. If it is Chelsea-esque then that is fine by me. 

46 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Lowest average attendance in history. Not even close.  I remember looking around an empty stadium v Southampton on 1 February 1986 and being aghast seeing the attendance in the sports Argus..... 8,456.  Our average attendance that year was15,218. .  If we finish bottom of the league next season with 5 points I would bet my house our average attendance will be more than 15,218 

I was one of those 8,456 and the open spaces were shocking. But there were more there than 98 years earlier when only 600 were recorded as having turned up for the Accrington game and we were runners-up that season.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, John said:

I was one of those 8,456 and the open spaces were shocking. But there were more there than 98 years earlier when only 600 were recorded as having turned up for the Accrington game and we were runners-up that season.  

Accrington Stanley... Who are they? 

• Like 4

WTF is taking soooooo long ? Since Lerner took over everything takes a long time.A long time between wins, a long time between goals,a long time getting sold and now, a long time getting approval from the FA.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, PussEKatt said:

WTF is taking soooooo long ? Since Lerner took over everything takes a long time.A long time between wins, a long time between goals,a long time getting sold and now, a long time getting approval from the FA.  

I'd rather everyone spends a little time doing some due diligence other than saying 'have you lots of money?' 'yes' 'ok that's fine'

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

I'd rather everyone spends a little time doing some due diligence other than saying 'have you lots of money?' 'yes' 'ok that's fine'

That is likely what will happen anyway. 

There is reported concern over Samuelson and other members of the board, but they likely just want Xia's assurance of their exact job role in the club.

After that provided Xia can provide some documentation that he has money and more in reserve then it's likely smooth sailing. That said we have to wait for the Football League to start the process which won't be until at least Tuesday, it's clear to me at this point they are waiting for the Championship season to officially conclude first.  

4 minutes ago, Daweii said:

There is reported concern over Samuelson and other members of the board, but they likely just want Xia's assurance of their exact job role in the club.

There is nothing about Samuelson which will interest the people doing the checks. He has never been charged let alone convicted of any relevant offence. It's simply not an issue.

• Like 4

I was just reading about the parachute payments, apologies if already posted http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/how-much-aston-villa-parachute-11161706 

Clubs get the following amounts over the three seasons. In season one, 2016-17, Villa would get £40 million. In season two, 2017-18, Villa would get £33 million. In season three, 2018-19, Villa would get £14 million.

It says that we will get £40m in the first season (obv hoping that's all it takes to get back up) which I assume counts as income for the purposes of FFP and Dr Xia said he'd be willing to spend up to £50m if the manager needs that and justifies it. I just wonder if he meant net spend, or in addition to the £40m parachute... Or he was just making a statement of intent and hadn't really costed things out yet. Either way, it does seem money won't be an issue for the next season, which is something we haven't been able to say for a while. 

33 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I was just reading about the parachute payments, apologies if already posted [url=http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/how-much-aston-villa-parachute-11161706]click[/url] and it says that we will get £40m in the first season (obv hoping that's all it takes to get back up) which I assume counts as income for the purposes of FFP and Dr Xia said he'd be willing to spend up to £50m if the manager needs that and justifies it. I just wonder if he meant net spend, or in addition to the £40m parachute... Or he was just making a statement of intent and hadn't really costed things out yet. Either way, it does seem money won't be an issue for the next season, which is something we haven't been able to say for a while. 

I think our real budget will be closely guarded, stop us paying over the odds. I think he is saying this for us and a warning to other clubs - "we mean business" type approach. 

Edited by GeneralJazzman
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

I was just reading about the parachute payments, apologies if already posted http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/how-much-aston-villa-parachute-11161706 

It says that we will get £40m in the first season (obv hoping that's all it takes to get back up) which I assume counts as income for the purposes of FFP and Dr Xia said he'd be willing to spend up to £50m if the manager needs that and justifies it. I just wonder if he meant net spend, or in addition to the £40m parachute... Or he was just making a statement of intent and hadn't really costed things out yet. Either way, it does seem money won't be an issue for the next season, which is something we haven't been able to say for a while. 

Last season maybe.

we spent 50 mill