The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

And with more information, we can all begin to relax a little bit.

Time is key.

I'd still like to know who his team are, with regards to the board.  And if he is a part of it, I'd like to know what Samuelson's role will be.

But for the mean time, I'm happy.

Is anyone else wondering why Hollis has said nothing recently to try to ease the uncertainty that has developed over the takeover?

Surely he should be in a position to vouch for our new owner having undertaken the sort of checks that the PL & FL will be doing himself on behalf of the club before the deal was agreed?    

16 minutes ago, John said:

Is anyone else wondering why Hollis has said nothing recently to try to ease the uncertainty that has developed over the takeover?

Surely he should be in a position to vouch for our new owner having undertaken the sort of checks that the PL & FL will be doing himself on behalf of the club before the deal was agreed?    

I think he has John....but hey! as soon as the funds hit Randy's bank account ....their job is done, from their corner.

the rest is just rhetoric and emotive posturing...from them

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

I've just been looking back over old articles on the actual Recon website, an article from mid last year states (and I saw some other similar posts yesterday, but not actually from Recon themselves):

''Joint Rui Kang Group (RECON): is a business around the world the wisdom of Economy and Capital Management Group, the Group comprises a smart city, smart manufacturing and equipment, health agriculture, wisdom, logistics and new energy, transportation, smart tourism and financial investments 6 large complete industrial platform, 22 hundred independent brands and independent operators. By holding China A shares and overseas listed companies and five shares of more than a dozen industry ecosystem-related companies, asset size of over 100 billion, covering 500 Chinese cities and more than one third of the urban population, a total of more than 5,000 large the projects, including town planning and construction of smart city more than 400 cities. While continuing to ideas and technologies and wisdom "Internet +" for the driver thinking to explore new generation of information technology support, the next generation of innovative knowledge society (innovation 2.0) smart city development model form environment. From the overall perception, interconnection to the intelligent integration of applications, and promote the transformation and upgrading of traditional industries, in order to achieve harmonization and sharing of resources. Grasp the enormous opportunities for change in the world economy industry 4.0 times, to build production (workers) industry production to 4.0 times from the wisdom of life wisdom maturing ecosystem, a leading industry wisdom economic development of the new economic enterprises.''

Link: http://www.reconig.com/htm/11.htm

Edited by avfcwills10

6 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

It all depends what currency we're talking about? 

I'm assuming the 100 billion above is in Yuan, which would equate to £10bn... not bad :D 

Yes almost certainly Yuan. In excess of 100bn Yuan (although it's obviously assets not cash) would put him around the Abramovich level. 

7 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

It all depends what currency we're talking about? 

I'm assuming the 100 billion above is in Yuan, which would equate to £10bn... not bad :D 

One article said they had assets worth over 14.5 billion euros. 

3 minutes ago, avfcwills10 said:

Yes almost certainly Yuan. In excess of 100bn Yuan (although it's obviously assets not cash) would put him around the Abramovich level. 

Abramovich is (only) worth 5 bill GBP. Tony's wealth puts us second only to Man Citeh if you go with the 10 bill GBP as the figure. But then if you were to take him at his word, that he has 80 private companies at a value similar to the one he just sold then his wealth is basically on a par with Man Citeh. In other words, relegation clauses aside, we needn't ever sell our best players again.

I think he has enough!  How he uses it is what matters now. I like what he is saying but will feel better when the new manager is in place and we start doing deals and rebuilding.

Edited by Gary Thomas

4 minutes ago, rubberman said:

That's very interesting.  Easy to forget how things have changed.  Replace Abramovich with Xia and here we are.

Yep that section on "misgivings" looks very familiar doesn't it - the outrage! - lets hope our story unfolds in a similar way on the pitch as well.

Actually, looking at Xias companies if they did hold say £10bn. It's very difficult to work out his actual net worth based on the value of his companies. 

Abramovich owns:

Millhouse Capital (72% of the business was worth $13bn in 2005..... so it's probably worth shed loads more now)

Evraz ( a steel company with 100,000 employees with a revenue of $8.5bn in 2015. Abramovich owns 31%)

Norilsk Nickel ( another 100,000 employee company - Ambramovich owns 7.3%. in 2010 25% of the company was worth around $12bn).

And Abramovich himself is worth $8.2bn. So it is fair to say (and I know this is incredibly speculative) that the companies owned by Abramovich would eclipse Xia. Abramovich has a personal net worth of around $8.2bn. So if thats the case based on the companies he owns (obviously not even including Chelsea which would be a massive earner too) you'd imagine it would be unrealistic for Xia to be worth more than $1 or $2 bn?

Used info from: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millhouse_Capital https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evraz https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norilsk_Nickel mainly.

Edited by avfcwills10