The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

Just now, markavfc40 said:

Financial columnist for inside world football apparently. He reckons question marks around Xia's ability to raise the funds.

Interesting. But you hardly need to be an expert to come out with that, many of us were saying as much the day this became public. 

10 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Even though Xia has said himself that 100 mill is already sat in a bank account to purchase the club?

Somebody's lying

Well it's the type of thing that he would say even if he didn't have the money. The worry is that Xia is just an ambitious chancer who's is hoping to get (Chinese) investment in his "project". What I hope is him to be frontman for some serious money men who can pump millions into villa as it looks like he himself is not hugely wealthy. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Who the hell is Matt Scott? Until a serious news outlet runs with this I am taking little notice of it.

To be fair, 'serious' news outlets tend to follow the lead of tabloid trash these days...

I wouldn't be too bothered. This deal stinks to the high heavens.

Lerner has made bad decision after bad decision, so it's fair to think that he might have managed to **** this up and find the wrong 'buyer' for the club.

There's something too shady about Xia and his mate Samuelson. And I find it hard to take Xia seriously after his bollocks theme park idea. 

Hollis should start again and find someone who's not so opaque from the outset.

Edited by Morley_crosses_to_Withe
  • Like 1

Lol Hollis needs to make a statement. It's amazing that our official site had a meet our new owner on their before everything is official. Randy is so incompetent it's not funny. If he truly has picked this Xia fella and he's got no money.. well... just can't believe it. Cant be true.. surely.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Well it's the type of thing that he would say even if he didn't have the money. The worry is that Xia is just an ambitious chancer who's is hoping to get (Chinese) investment in his "project". What I hope is him to be frontman for some serious money men who can pump millions into villa as it looks like he himself is not hugely wealthy. 

Thats my suspicion too....just a front man