The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

I think this is probably the 17th time I have said this but the £10bn figure is assets under management. Considering they are working on large scale projects in cities they may be overseeing the management of buildings, machinery etc.  These will either be leased or just managed by them.  Therefore this does not translate to assets the company owns and therefore assets that Xia owns. I.e. that is not an indication of his net worth.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, omariqy said:

I think this is probably the 17th time I have said this but the £10bn figure is assets under management. Considering they are working on large scale projects in cities they may be overseeing the management of buildings, machinery etc.  These will either be leased or just managed by them.  Therefore this does not translate to assets the company owns and therefore assets that Xia owns. I.e. that is not an indication of his net worth.

exactly. He may also own only 20% of these companies as well. It is very hard to know what he actually is worth.. he probably doesnt know himself. Lets just hope he can at least pump 50 mil a season into the club and i would be happy with that. Maybe 100 the season we go up :P

40 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

Well we've just been given 66m with parachute payments to come.

Spend the lot I say. Let's go mad.

We should start by giving the 200 odd people that were let go their jobs back

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Feidhlim said:

No we shouldn't, the club was overstaffed for the Premier League, let alone the Championship. But we should give them a bloody decent redundancy.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, mwj said:

No we shouldn't, the club was overstaffed for the Premier League, let alone the Championship. But we should give them a bloody decent redundancy.

agreed, as horrible as it is, they are not going to be needed to work at games that are expected to drum up our lowest average attendance in history throughout next season

1 hour ago, Feidhlim said:

Not in the slighteset. We employed about 400 more staff than the likes of West Ham and Everton. We were probably the most over staffed club in the country!

34 minutes ago, DK82 said:

Wearing an Aston Villa t-shirt today, walking near a massive tourist attraction (Osborne House) and about 8 Chinese students shouted 'Aston Villa' at me and started waving.

Crazy. :wub:

I find that a bit weird, obviously difference is culture etc.... but if an English bloke took over some foreign club I would forget that piece of news within 2 seconds and would genuinely not give a shit. 

35 minutes ago, DK82 said:

Wearing an Aston Villa t-shirt today, walking near a massive tourist attraction (Osborne House) and about 8 Chinese students shouted 'Aston Villa' at me and started waving.

Where they laughing, cause i get that every day from English people in London

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, DK82 said:

where was this?   London?

2 hours ago, JayDeePee said:

agreed, as horrible as it is, they are not going to be needed to work at games that are expected to drum up our lowest average attendance in history throughout next season

What?? Lowest average attendance in history? I think you'll be surprised. We have had hardly any wins at home in the last 4/5 years and we'll probably match the amount we did next season! We have a new owner (hopefully) and with the appointment of a decent manager the crowds will be there. Most fans go to watch the Villa not because it's in the PL but because we are fans. We will easily have 35000 next year if we have a glimmer of success. Xia has said the Newcastle game was a big factor in getting the deal signed. If he is true to his word we might have some good times back at VP. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

What?? Lowest average attendance in history? I think you'll be surprised. We have had hardly any wins at home in the last 4/5 years and we'll probably match the amount we did next season! We have a new owner (hopefully) and with the appointment of a decent manager the crowds will be there. Most fans go to watch the Villa not because it's in the PL but because we are fans. We will easily have 35000 next year if we have a glimmer of success. Xia has said the Newcastle game was a big factor in getting the deal signed. If he is true to his word we might have some good times back at VP. 

I agree about attendance - build a decent squad, start winning and the crowds will come back. I actually think our average gate to be higher than this year.  Be great to see VP more full

• Like 2