The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

I find that a bit weird, obviously difference is culture etc.... but if an English bloke took over some foreign club I would forget that piece of news within 2 seconds and would genuinely not give a shit. 

China don't really have a large range of options to choose from when it comes to supporting football; if China had the best league in the world and an English bloke took over one of the most historic clubs in Chinese history, I'd want to opt for them over some random club I have no affiliation with otherwise.

4 minutes ago, meme said:

China don't really have a large range of options to choose from when it comes to supporting football; if China had the best league in the world and an English bloke took over one of the most historic clubs in Chinese history, I'd want to opt for them over some random club I have no affiliation with otherwise.

What if that "English bloke" was Doug Ellis? :detect:

Just now, Barney_avfc said:

What if that "English bloke" was Doug Ellis? :detect:

He's 92, I don't think even he would want to buy a foreign club at that age :wave:

12 minutes ago, meme said:

China don't really have a large range of options to choose from when it comes to supporting football; if China had the best league in the world and a DECENT English bloke took over one of the most historic clubs in Chinese history, I'd want to opt for them over some random club I have no affiliation with otherwise.

Edited for @Barney_avfc's leisure

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

What?? Lowest average attendance in history? I think you'll be surprised. We have had hardly any wins at home in the last 4/5 years and we'll probably match the amount we did next season! We have a new owner (hopefully) and with the appointment of a decent manager the crowds will be there. Most fans go to watch the Villa not because it's in the PL but because we are fans. We will easily have 35000 next year if we have a glimmer of success. Xia has said the Newcastle game was a big factor in getting the deal signed. If he is true to his word we might have some good times back at VP. 

When we were relegated down to div 3 we regularly got 35-49k. Bournemouth at VP. we got just under 49k. Went down in 87 still got big crowds. The premier league era fans might go away as they think football only exists there and not outside the PL but we have always had good support in the lower leagues. I think we will get big crowds and lots of the clubs playing against us will have big crowds because no matter what people think we still are a huge club with a big name and following and fans of those clubs have never visited villa park - they'll be in for a shock at the size and atmosphere especially if it's like the Newcastle game!!

Edited by nazvfc

not wanting to sound obsessed but im looking at the baggies for our target average attendance next season, im hoping big tone gives us that boost that means we're still bringing in more fans than them

26k a prem game at the hawthorns, 30k a championship game at villa park

pride of the midlands?

pbLqP6H.jpg

35 minutes ago, nazvfc said:

When we were relegated down to div 3 we regularly got 35-49k. Bournemouth at VP. we got just under 49k. Went down in 87 still got big crowds. The premier league era fans might go away as they think football only exists there and not outside the PL but we have always had good support in the lower leagues. I think we will get big crowds and lots of the clubs playing against us will have big crowds because no matter what people think we still are a huge club with a big name and following and fans of those clubs have never visited villa park - they'll be in for a shock at the size and atmosphere especially if it's like the Newcastle game!!

I don't think you remember 87 very well! Our crowds were shit, they were about 18000. We didn't even half fill villa park.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, KHV said:

I don't think you remember 87 very well! Our crowds were shit, they were about 18000. We didn't even half fill villa park.

Attendances were pretty poor everywhere around then weren't they?

I was born in 81 so was really only just beginning my Villa love affair around then.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

Attendances were pretty poor everywhere around then weren't they?

I was born in 81 so was really only just beginning my Villa love affair around then.

Not sure about the rest. I know villa park was pretty empty most of the time

31 minutes ago, KHV said:

My bad well I'm am nearing my 60's so it's fading. Swore we had decent crowds in 87 ! Still we got huge ones in 71-72 and when we came up from div2 but thanks buddy I stand corrected. 

With all the talk of pushing in the local countries, it will be interesting to see what affect it will actually have and if it will get us a load of extra overseas supporters.  I took this photo just earlier today in Bangkok airport, couldn't see another kit around (though I was in a hurry).  Can't say I've seen many Leicester fans around on my travels but they're obviously trying to push it with the Thai owner connection.

IMG_20160526_155407[1].jpg

Hey guys, just noticed AVFC has its only TV Channel (or more like a video platform?).

Has this TV channel had any documentaries about the history of Villa (I mean the whole history- ups and downs, rather than just the highlights), the legends in the club history etc...

PS: there seems to one on youtube that BBC made in 1989. Any latest ones?

Edited by Deisler123

1 hour ago, KHV said:

Not sure about the rest. I know villa park was pretty empty most of the time

Attendances through the mid to late 80's were down everywhere thanks to hooliganism. Football grounds were a dangerous place to be. 

If they play the summer right and we have a decent season I expect they will be up around 35k again. People will rejoice at winning football and the novelty factor of it all. Spend a few years down there and maybe it will be different.

7 minutes ago, Deisler123 said:

Hey guys, just noticed AVFC has its only TV Channel (or more like a video platform?).

Has this TV channel had any documentaries about the history of Villa (I mean the whole history- ups and downs, rather than just the highlights), the legends in the club history etc...

Here you go:

32 minutes ago, Neil said:

With all the talk of pushing in the local countries, it will be interesting to see what affect it will actually have and if it will get us a load of extra overseas supporters.  I took this photo just earlier today in Bangkok airport, couldn't see another kit around (though I was in a hurry).  Can't say I've seen many Leicester fans around on my travels but they're obviously trying to push it with the Thai owner connection.

IMG_20160526_155407[1].jpg

I believe the owners of Leicester actually own most of the shops in Asian airports, that's the business they're in.

Edited by avfcwills10