The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

55 minutes ago, Jarpie said:

Some random jackass spouts shit in twitter and some of you are already ready to slit your wrists? Get a grip ffs.

Hey, he's a Talksport and Inside Football journalist. That's practically gospel.

Personally I think its a WUM on twitter. I trust Hollis to have done his due diligence properly.

2 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Can't say I'm concerned to be honest

Me either. It's going to take a little while due to the unique circumstances of this takeover. We're not in the Football League just let, but not out of the PL. Plus the FL will want to be strict compared to previous checks.

The longer it takes, the more some of our fans will become fodder for anyone with a clickbait headline.

3 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Surely Hollis knows 100% he's got the money, plus the Daily Mail journalist confirmed he's got more than enough.  Still, I'd feel much more comfortable once a manager is appointed and they do a press conference.

The Charles Sale daily column in the Daily Mail sports pages said pretty much what Scott has said so I reckon he's got it from there. The doubt is coming from somewhere.

Just wish things would move on now, season starts in less than 10 weeks....we haven't even got a pre season schedule confirmed yet.

Just now, Jarpie said:

Dare I say...backpedaling? :D

Tad less theatrical, from 'on the rocks' to 'obstacles remain' - be interested to know what his old friend did actually say. Not buying that 'obstacles' means Samuelson. 

Tad less theatrical, from 'on the rocks' to 'obstacles remain' - be interested to know what his old friend did actually say. Not buying that 'obstacles' means Samuelson. 

I'm sure it just means that there's fiction between UK and Chinese legal processes... Not really news tbh

57 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Same guy, this time contradicting his first tweet. 

https://twitter.com/Matt5cott/status/736941427142332416?lang=en

Oh if I had a pound for every old friend that called me to tell me something conveniently at odds with something I had previously said I would have zero pounds...

Oh boy let the back-pedalling commence shall we!

42 minutes ago, swollef said:

My God that brings back so many memories.....And yes i am an Old Git..:(

Welcome to the villa old gits and farts club. Mr mooney and naz founder members foundations laid circa 1962! 

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, swollef said:

My God that brings back so many memories.....And yes i am an Old Git..:(

around this time my brother saw chico hamilton upstairs on the 451 bus.those were the days.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jarpie said:

Dare I say...backpedaling? :D

Every day seems to throw up another obstacle.....and the next day a solution

they all need to chill until the information is bona fide.