The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

If he is crafty and he does not have the money that he said he has then i hope he doesn't pass the due diligence test.

If he is is not crafty and has the money then i'm sure he will pass. 

The last thing we need is someone coming in with false promises and messing up our club

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, KSV said:

Lol Hollis needs to make a statement. It's amazing that our official site had a meet our new owner on their before everything is official. Randy is so incompetent it's not funny. If he truly has picked this Xia fella and he's got no money.. well... just can't believe it. Cant be true.. surely.

Sadly its par for the course, but there are so many rumours, innuendo,false claims, vindictive slurs, all floating about.

Until there is some substantiated news that we can ALL believe it's best to just employ an open mind.

God, one of us must have ran over a black cat.

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

Surely Hollis knows 100% he's got the money, plus the Daily Mail journalist confirmed he's got more than enough.  Still, I'd feel much more comfortable once a manager is appointed and they do a press conference.

I wouldn't be too sanguine about that. I mean, apparently he showed this journalist a bank slip. But you know, if Dr X is a fraud, then showing some dumbass a falsified bank slip really is the oldest trick in the book. 

• Like 2

People got to remember they dont call the great firewall of china that for nothing,Business and wealth in china is viewed profoundly differently there than it is in the west,The chinese government has its hands in everything to some degree at that level make no mistake.The sooner this whole business is resolved the better so we can get on with being a football club.

• Like 1

There is a massive amount of money floating around in football and it is easy to see that an injured horse like Villa.....could,could be an easy target for chancers.

The pot of gold is potentially enormous....If the club is run correctly.

I do not know what Tony Xia's true credibility is or what he is up to.....Is he here to heal us or is he here to suck the last bits of blood out of us....Is he the Doctor or is he the patient.

I am unsure.

We can only wait until the people who are qualified to tell us.....do so.

• Like 1

Well lets see what occurs all I will say is that if it collapses now then we are in dire trouble.  I truly believe we will struggle to appoint a manager,  may end up with black at the helm and a similar squad with no investment.  In addition Hollis will have to leave immediately and we will have Randy and Krulak on our board. 

Alternatively the tweet could be bollocks and we could be on the cusp of world domination

I wouldn't be too bothered. This deal stinks to the high heavens.

Lerner has made bad decision after bad decision, so it's fair to think that he might have managed to **** this up and find the wrong 'buyer' for the club.

There's something too shady about Xia and his mate Samuelson. And I find it hard to take Xia seriously after his bollocks theme park idea. 

Hollis should start again and find someone who's not so opaque from the outset.

Apart from his theme park idea if taken as a bad translation and get the idea of roller coasters and rides out of your head and get something more like resorts world or star city with a football museum in it actually makes a lot of sense

Income to the club that isn't every other Saturday, it's every day

The nou camp stadium tour and museum is currently the 6th best thing to do in Barcelona, it's a ridiculous cash cow for the club, Birmingham has 34m visitors a year, how many of them do you think visit villa park? >1%?

Btw I've been to a Chinese "theme park" called hangzhou songcheng, there's no rides, it was just a recreation of an 800 year old Chinese town, that is what they consider a theme park to be, literally a themed park, not Alton towers

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Richard said:

Well lets see what occurs all I will say is that if it collapses now then we are in dire trouble.  I truly believe we will struggle to appoint a manager,  may end up with black at the helm and a similar squad with no investment.  In addition Hollis will have to leave immediately and we will have Randy and Krulak on our board. 

Alternatively the tweet could be bollocks and we could be on the cusp of world domination

I suspect this is going to end up something like that,Richard

when someone mentions 3rd biggest team in the world in ten years....coming from our position.Forgive me if the cat has his head well and truly poking out of the bag.

I kinda stopped listening after that.

1 hour ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

I wouldn't be too bothered. This deal stinks to the high heavens.

Lerner has made bad decision after bad decision, so it's fair to think that he might have managed to **** this up and find the wrong 'buyer' for the club.

There's something too shady about Xia and his mate Samuelson. And I find it hard to take Xia seriously after his bollocks theme park idea. 

Hollis should start again and find someone who's not so opaque from the outset.

I really hope this deal goes through because it gives us some rare grounds for optimism for our football club.

If it does not, I would not let Hollis have anything at all to do with trying to find another buyer...   

2 hours ago, AshVilla said:

Even though Xia has said himself that 100 mill is already sat in a bank account to purchase the club?

Somebody's lying

Exactly, just saw this, why would he lie on CNN, about a league requirement, to the whole world. This is all baffling to me. lol