The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

2 hours ago, Jareth said:

Tad less theatrical, from 'on the rocks' to 'obstacles remain' - be interested to know what his old friend did actually say. Not buying that 'obstacles' means Samuelson. 

Obstacles = questions about finance and background checks on board members, so probably Samuelson a potential "obstacle". 

It's just a quality assurance process though it's full of obstacles, why do people have to spout crap on Twitter for attention. Especially two contradicting views with hours of each other. 

So some finance dude who works for talk sport also says he has been told there have been difficulties from two sources, but another source says the money is there. 

Pat murphy also suggests things are moving forward but taking their time.

the common theme seems to be that the FA and FL don't want to be caught out again with another dodgy take over and that paranoia plus the fact it is double the amount of red tape because there are two bodies looking into the details is really slowing things down.

plus we know that the way Xia is doing this is complex and hard for most of us not schooled in the ways of Chinese business to understand. 

This all sounds a toxic mix, but not necessarily one that will stop it from happening. Just won't happen for at least another 2 weeks in my opinion. And this is how I interpret what I've read, not ITK.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

So some finance dude who works for talk sport also says he has been told there have been difficulties from two sources, but another source says the money is there. 

Pat murphy also suggests things are moving forward but taking their time.

the common theme seems to be that the FA and FL don't want to be caught out again with another dodgy take over and that paranoia plus the fact it is double the amount of red tape because there are two bodies looking into the details is really slowing things down.

plus we know that the way Xia is doing this is complex and hard for most of us not schooled in the ways of Chinese business to understand. 

This all sounds a toxic mix, but not necessarily one that will stop it from happening. Just won't happen for at least another 2 weeks in my opinion. And this is how I interpret what I've read, not ITK.

You should get a Twitter account. You'd get loads of attention :P

Yeah takeovers take time, from every man and his dog wanting their pound of flesh who are involved in the consulting process i.e. everybody aside the Villa and Dr Xia charging endless money to assist with the process and generally lingering it to get more dollars, to government and regulatory bodies in this case FL and PL being not really designed for this kind of activity added to their endless bureaucracy.  It's not going into a store and purchasing a TV, it takes time and it goes quiet while people are doing their jobs. 

No news is neither good news or bad news, it's just no news......everything else provided by the media/individuals unless backed up with fact is likely just to be rumour mongering just so something is said or to get attention to the individuals/companies media page

Okay so we're seemingly on a similar pace as every other club in recent times. So if it takes another week or two then it will have only taken a month post-takeover which is in line with most of the others. Considering we are being looked into by the FA and Football League that's surely not bad going. I'm amazed how long the last 2 weeks have felt and that is largely the problem, the authorities in charge are likely moving fast but because we want it done even faster it feels like it's dragging on. 

1 hour ago, Phumfeinz said:

It doesn't have any kind of feel at all. Chill out.

Except very effing exciting! Wooh! Yeah!

#Villa theme park

#football globalisation

#money

• Like 1