Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

1 hour ago, Rob182 said:

If there is even the slightest shred of interest from Moyes, we need to jump on it and offer him what he wants, within reason, to make him our manager.  He should be our number one target this summer, even if he's not interested. So if he IS interested, it's a no brainier!

Totally agree.  This would be an excellent appointment for us.   Please make this happen Hollis!!!

• Like 1

Not the biggest Moyes fan and have reservations that he is (as mentioned up-thread) past his best, certainly in the Prem.  But...given the other options that seem high in the list I'd take him for a couple of years till back up and (heh!) mid-table.

• Like 1

Out of all of the names bandied about on here as a replacement for Garde, Moyes would be the one that would make me happiest. At least with a Moyes team we should see  the end of the lily livered performances that we have seen this season. I hope that whoever does come in, still removes a large portion of the squad who are responsible for the mess that we are in. Some of those players have had too many chances now and need to be removed.

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

I think with where we're heading moyes would give us that billy big bollocks feel, we'll all go down thinking we're the top dog, can buy anyone in the championships better players, do what we like down there...

in reality we're a team trying to halt a massive slide going down without a fight who will get very little respect and be considered an easy scalp by everyone, I think at the moment we're very soft and weak

I think moyes coming in and then a couple of decent name signings in the summer and people will know we mean business, it'll be a massive mental leap forward for the club

Yep, good point.

We need that.
We need to be the team in the Championship that people fear, not the team that people think they can get a big scalp from.

• Like 1

Moyes would be my third chioce for the job.

Has been utterly atrocious in his last two jobs, I think Everton may have been his managerial moment.

Moyes would be as exciting as spam, but.

He'd be slow, steady, calm and experienced. Probably exactly what we need now.

Also, for a Championship club like us he'd be an amazing coup.

I would have no problem with Moyes to be honest and think he would be a good appointment.  Wouldn't rule out Rodgers and Pearson being interested in us though.  However, my personal preference for the job would be Sean Dyche, proven at the level we are at, but doubt we will want to pay out even more compensation.

I see Moyes as being a 'risk free' option for us.....or maybe 'safe' is a better word. Someone with big nads like Fat Sam would have been ideal when there was a slim chanceof survival, but as relegation is pretty much a done deal, I think Moyes would stabilise things.

Moyes would be my third chioce for the job.

Has been utterly atrocious in his last two jobs, I think Everton may have been his managerial moment.

Who would be your first and second choices?

• Like 1

Moyes would be a great appointment.

There's no chance of it happening though IMO. He won't want to come in a mess that may risk a third fail in a row for him. And I sincerely doubt we're going to tempt him with a package of funds to do the overhaul necessary.

But, in the unlikely event we do, that's a big move and a very good one. He is very steady and his teams are always solid. Nothing exciting but you'd wager he'd do well.

Moyes managed Everton from 2002-2013 and his finishing positions (below) speak for themselves.  I read people saying they have reservations, he's been atrocious recently, he's past his best, he'd be as exciting as spam!  Well give me some of that spam, even if it's past its best!!  We are a long long way off this, but he is (unquestionably) a very good football manager with bags of experience.  I also think he and Villa would be a perfect fit - both have soiled their reputations recently but both have huge potential. 

2004–05        4

2005–06        11

2006–07        6

2007–08        5

2008–09        5

2009–10        8

2010–11        7

2011–12        7

2012–13        6

Edited by Gary Thomas

4 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Prefer Pulis or Bruce to Moyes

Pulis??!?  The manager of the only team to have even fewer shots on target than we have.  Aren't they responsible for something like 1/3 of all the games with zero shots on target this season.  Would rather eat my feet.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sne said:

If one considers Sherwood a blip in the system (as I do) it seems Scottish or French is the way we go.

Hollier

McLeish

Lambert

Garde

And K Mac as the go to caretaker. It all points to Moyes

and MON managed a lot in Scotland too :P