Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

Joey Barton would have been a more than valuable addition this season, it's that same very "No we are too morally high" attitude which has actually cost us alot over the past few years.

How has it cost us JV? There can't have been too many managers or players that we've turned down because of our morals.

Maybe we were interested in Barton a few years ago, but who else?.... Ched Evans?... Malky McKay?

1 hour ago, sne said:

For the last few years it's been oh so important with Premier League experience for both players and managers.

Turns out that didn't work at all. The managers flopped spectacularly and our worst performing players are those with this fabled Premier League experience.

Now we're dropping down a league so we desperately need people with Championship experience? F that!

It's all about the right people at the right place / time. No 2 situations at 2 different clubs will ever be the same.

What the club need to do is decide a clear strategy of how we should play, find a manager who suits that and the recruit players to fit in that system.

Normally you already have all this and need a manger to best utilize the players already at the club, but we have NOTHING.

The positive thing about this is that the board and the new manager get to build something completely new.

The negative is that we really can't afford not to get straight back up...

I think we get the manager with a clear vision and strategy once we get promoted and stay up. Before that we just need someone to do a short term job for us. 

1 hour ago, sne said:

For the last few years it's been oh so important with Premier League experience for both players and managers.

Turns out that didn't work at all. The managers flopped spectacularly and our worst performing players are those with this fabled Premier League experience.

Now we're dropping down a league so we desperately need people with Championship experience? F that!

It's all about the right people at the right place / time. No 2 situations at 2 different clubs will ever be the same.

What the club need to do is decide a clear strategy of how we should play, find a manager who suits that and the recruit players to fit in that system.

Normally you already have all this and need a manger to best utilize the players already at the club, but we have NOTHING.

The positive thing about this is that the board and the new manager get to build something completely new.

The negative is that we really can't afford not to get straight back up...

Exactly get someone in for the long term. Getting someone like Pearson may work in the short term but I want us to build something. 

• Like 1

So before Remi has actually gone we are already looking to restrict the number of choices that would be acceptable for a potential new manager on the grounds that he may not be a very nice bloke (Pearson), he is foreign (Hasi) or he currently manages/has once managed the Noses (Rowett, Hughton & Bruce). Of these only Pearson is currently available. Bruce, Hughton and even Rowett may be reluctant to jump ship whilst promotion is still a possibility with their current clubs and the same might be the case with Karanka.

Moyes, Rodgers and even Monk might be concerned about the control they might get here and by the prospect of managing a side that have been so poor this season in the league below without funds to bring in enough of their own players to make a difference next season. So that might leave us needing to take a risk on someone like Neville or Carragher if not on a manager who would jump at the chance of taking over at a club like Villa such as Karl Robinson, Simon Grayson and Nigel Clough or waiting for a manager who might leave his current job in the summer such as Pulis or Hodgson.        

Pearson is second favourite amongst fans only second to David moyes

If that is so, then I want those fans to f*ck off and die.

(Obviously those fans won't mind me saying that, because it's just BANTZ, manly swearing and a bit of tough British grit aaaRRGGHH!!)

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

Exactly get someone in for the long term. Getting someone like Pearson may work in the short term but I want us to build something. 

Who is going to build something under Lerner? 

We've been trying to build something for years and have failed. A bit of short term thinking would be fine for our next move. 

Bruce or Pulis and i think we will come up first time of asking

Pearson and i think we will be down there for a while plus he's a complete and utter tosser

I like the idea of Rowett but i don't think he would bring us up first time which we need

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Pearson and i think we will be down there for a while plus he's a complete and utter tosser

I like the idea of Rowett but i don't think he would bring us up first time which we need

If he can get the Noses as near as he has to taking our place this season then I think he most likely would if anyone could. 

5 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Who is going to build something under Lerner? 

We've been trying to build something for years and have failed. A bit of short term thinking would be fine for our next move. 

Well yes and no.

Only Lambert was here more than a season (way,way  too long imo), since O'Neill left in August 2010 we've had 5 managers (soon to be 6) + K Mac.

It's the boards job to decide a strategy for the club so we don't need to do a 180 every time we change manager.

It's impossible to draw a clear line between the styles of  MON,  Houllier, McLeish, Lambert, Sherwood and Garde. All totally random.

This need to change.

Also the promoted clubs who usually fair best in the PL are those who have "style of play" and follow that even thou the might lose their best players and manager.

Pat Murphy is an insufferable prick. He thinks he knows better than everyone else apart from MON who he revers. H can't get his tongue up his MON's arse far enough. Some of the spats that Murphy gets into with normal fans on twitter are an embarrassment to the BBC

I agree he is a **** moron

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

I would literally rather stay down without Pulis than have him and come up.

4 hours ago, Mantis said:

Is there any evidence that Pearson will instill discipline and sort out the toxic elements in the dressing room? As I've said plenty of times before, acting like he does in interviews doesn't necessarily mean he'll do what's necessary behind closed doors.

A very controversial and sweeping statement....but maybe read the Leicester fan's comments on here a few pages back. He may know a thing or two about Mr Ostrich.

Not to mention the backhanders he allegedly gets from various agents. He's being sued by both Palace and Stoke currently too isn't he?

10 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Pulis is a means to an end and effective at what he does

We will be difficult to beat and grind out results just what you need in the championship

• Like 1

A very controversial and sweeping statement....but maybe read the Leicester fan's comments on here a few pages back. He may know a thing or two about Mr Ostrich.

The guy who didn't mind his manager calling a journalist a 'pr*ck', didn't mind his manager telling a fan to 'f*ck off and die' because he was gobby, didn't mind his manager holding an opposition player on the floor by his neck and thought that the whole, bizarre Ostrich press conference was all because a 'J' asked a few intrusive questions?

I'd rather not rely on his opinion of Pearson tbh. He's obviously a huge Pearson fan, who won't accept that the man is a burk of the highest order.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

The guy who didn't mind his manager calling a journalist a 'pr*ck', didn't mind his manager telling a fan to 'f*ck off and die' because he was gobby, didn't mind his manager holding an opposition player on the floor by his neck and thought that the whole, bizarre Ostrich press conference was all because a 'J' asked a few intrusive questions?

I'd rather not rely on his opinion of Pearson tbh. He's obviously a huge Pearson fan, who won't accept that the man is a burk of the highest order.

don't be so wet, you ostrich.

9 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

I said it earlier I'm no great Pearson fan but if Number 4 on his List of Sins is calling a Journalist (that highly inscrutable lot) an Ostrich he's hardly Ivan the Terrible is he ?  An Ostrich ?  And that renders him "a burk of the highest Order" - my God what would you rate him as if he'd actually done something really nasty !

And if Ostrich is bad, what is burk ? So you are out too !

The wringing round the neck whilst physical and inappropriate surely must be seen, as it was by most at the time, in context of the player crashing into him  - he wasn't fully aware what had happened.  Doesn't 'excuse' it (if it needs excusing) but does mitigate it.

Swearing at a journalist ?  If you wont have Managers that do that I'm afraid they'll have to dig Sir Alf back up for you - oops, no, he used the 'f' word at journalists too.

All a bit precious for me this moral outrage - and that s before I meet any of you at a game to witness your delightful etiquette and good natured manners up close !

• Like 1