Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

50 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

I agree that the United squad was on the downturn (even tho it had won the league), but the fact it came 7th says more about moyes than it does that squad.

Don't forget he spent 80m that season.

He massively underachieved without fergie doing him no favours.

Poor manager who has zero winning mentality. Pretty much why I highlighted that shit has really hit the fan when I say I'd take him in a heartbeat.

I would tend to go along with this but to a lesser extent.

He certainly underachieved at United but not massively. There was stuff to work with but not Gold. He did spend money but it was all a bit chaotic as he himself has hinted since. Plus we mustn't underestimate how hard it is to follow the " lord mayor's show".

And I agree dour, but " zero winning mentality" ? I'd say more like a very strong "don't lose" mentality.

I've never understood the hype, but he is a strong and knowledgeable Manager, he won't put up with crap from above or below, he knows what he's doing, and under him more than anyone I'd feel we could come straight back.

So, I don't like him, but I'd gladly take him and back him....and overall he would feel like a shot in the arm and feel like the new Board can walk the walk.

• Like 1

Moyes ended his time at Everton with a solid squad but his early days were far from great with a number of relegation fights, including Evertons lowest ever Premiership points tally. They were also very inconsistent in where they finished and I'm not sure he is what we need when we go down. We need to come straight back up so that we don't miss out on the TV money and I think he would need a few seasons to sort us out.

For us, in our current situation, we would have been lucky to attract Ian Holloway. If Moyes wants the job, Lerner should fire Garde immediately and appoint Moyes within the hour. It would be like getting Guardiola, Mourinho or Simeone for us, given the mess we are right now. 

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

Moyes ended his time at Everton with a solid squad but his early days were far from great with a number of relegation fights, including Evertons lowest ever Premiership points tally. They were also very inconsistent in where they finished and I'm not sure he is what we need when we go down. We need to come straight back up so that we don't miss out on the TV money and I think he would need a few seasons to sort us out.

15th (hired in March, won 4, drew 1, lost 4 of 9), 7th, 17th, 4th, 11th, 6th, 5th, 5th, 8th, 7th, 7th

"A number of relegation fights"

"Very inconsistent in where they finished"

Yeah, ok :D

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, bobzy said:

15th (hired in March, won 4, drew 1, lost 4 of 9), 7th, 17th, 4th, 11th, 6th, 5th, 5th, 8th, 7th, 7th

"A number of relegation fights"

"Very inconsistent in where they finished"

Yeah, ok :D

First first seasons he was there they alternated between top half and bottom half, I'd call that inconsistent. 

I wouldn't be unhappy with Moyes, I don't hold his records at United and in Spain against him too much. His results at Man U seemed even worse because he followed a title winning Fergie, it was a massive shock to the club and its fans to finish outside the top 4. It'll not be as big a shock this season as they're slowly getting used to being crap now. He didn't do great in Spain but that's not uncommon for British managers. Again he wasn't there for very long. 

I think with us, he's got a chance to prove himself again. If he steers us to promotion he's a hero, if he doesn't then at least he'll have plans in place for getting there. He's not everyone's cup of tea but we could do a lot worse. 

Would be an amazing coup if we could get him. Think it would change the whole mood of the club.

I can imagine from his perspective it is much more attractive talking to someone like Little or Bernstein rather than a jester like Faulkner or "The Lidl Don Draper" Tom Fox.

9 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I'd still rather keep Garde but Garde out and Moyes in wouldn't be a terrible outcome. He's a million miles ahead of shit like Bruce, Pearson, McCarthy etc.

I'd say he's miles ahead of the likes of Garde as well. 

• Like 2